• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mescalineeyes said:
devil and me are going to play a grudge match today. 8:30 pm CET. bo5 :D
for everyone else to use as reference:
– Central European Time
Current time
Monday, January 31, 2011 at 6:26:33 PM CET

twofold

Modification on Blizzard maps for the league
GomTV modified Metalopolis, Xel'Naga Caverns, Lost Temple for their league. Bloking the entrance with two bunkers is no longer possible.

This needs to go live on ladder. It'd mean pool first builds are actually viable ZvT. Do it, Blizzard!

twofold

Pandaman said:

Well, Speedling Expand > 2 rax, unless they double bunker your ramp in, in which case it's pretty much an automatic loss.

I've lost a few times due to being bunkered in, so I open hatch first 90% of the time now, even though I'd prefer to open Speedling.

I hate that double bunker bullshit and can't wait to see it gone.

Q8D3vil

twofold said:
Well, Speedling Expand > 2 rax, unless they double bunker your ramp in, in which case it's pretty much an automatic loss.

I've lost a few times due to being bunkered in, so I open hatch first 90% of the time now, even though I'd prefer to open Speedling.

I hate that double bunker bullshit and can't wait to see it gone.
i love it and hope it will stay there (i'm abusive terran :D).

drone on patrol can stop any scv from building, unless you are that greedy.

devil and me are going to play a grudge match today. 8:30 pm CET. bo5 :D
i have no grudge against you :(
i will probably lose since you don't let me bunker your ramp :(

twofold

Ikuu said:
You can hold off the 2rax bunker stuff with either pool or hatch first.

I wasn't saying it was impossible to hold, or anything like that.

Just, the risk/reward is skewed far too much in the Terran players favour. If they get the double bunker up, it puts them significantly ahead of the Zerg player and there's very little the Zerg player can do about it.

If you open Speedling, for example, against a 2 rax, even if you patrol a drone, they can still get bunkers up as their marines get to your ramp just as your zerglings pop.

They can expand behind the contain and there's practically nothing the Zerg can do to catch up.

If their contain fails, the Zerg will have produced more Zerglings and less Drones than he would have liked and the Terran will still be ahead.

It's dumb.

Edit - To clarify. I don't mind 2 rax at all. My problem is with the bunker wall in.

Deadman

All the bad maps are gone and on the old maps you cant bunker them in?

I believe this is officially the best day ever.

Idra gsl5 champ, undefeated.

Dresden

Yoshichan said:
Actually the funny part is this, first I did the "eliminate nydus" so that I could complete the air part at least once in my life.

So I did that... and uh, no. No, that's not going to happen. What the fuck were they thinking? Air part is NOT possible on brutal, even with the mind controlling device.

I loaded up a previous save and got to choose again (and AGAIN complete the same mission) and now I get to fight the ground units at least...

Any tips? Marines/Medics/Siege Tanks and Banshees for the Nydus?
You're probably done with it, but you can just spam mind control if you researched it and mass up hydras and brood lords.

Aquavelvaman said:
Make salvage recover %cost equal to the %health it has when it's done salvaging. Yeahhhh

This doesn't sound too bad to me. Its the only option I've heard of that doesn't make bunkers completely gimp.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
edit: sigh I'll just get banned over it.

n/m

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Corran Horn said:
Some rage?
In the form no one's ever seen me rage dude, trust me.

Yoshichan

Pandaman said:
give us a hint.
Just so fucking pissed about the last mission All In on brutal. It's just ridiculous how piece of garbage the difficulty curve is, as it went from 24 missions being "fairly easy" to the last mission: "WHAT THE FLYING FUCKING FUCK IS THIS PIECE OF DOGSHIT?"

And the fact that I've done so much just to get big bitch slaps all over my face doesn't help either. The fact that I've literally gone back two missions and remade them so that I can choose to buy other upgrades/change either air/ground is just fucking wrong.

Spamming siege tanks isn't gonna work, you know why? BECAUSE I CHOSE THE FUCKING MIND CONTROL bullshit instead of the AoE slow thing. Why? Because when I searched which one's the best, everyone PRETTY MUCH said that the mind control thing with Air makes it super easy. Guess what? IT'S NOT SUPER EASY. It's so hard I'm literally shaking out of frustration.

So I go back a couple of missions AGAIN (another 3 hours of my fucking life gone) to then find out that nothing I do, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING changes the fact that this shitty stage isn't gonna be beaten because of stupid choices (which clearly wasn't a stupid choice by that time) on the mid parts of the game.

Bah.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Ill log into your account and beat it for you....

....then promote you to masters league to see the further frustration off multiplayer from you.

Yoshichan

Corran Horn said:
Ill log into your account and beat it for you....
I'll paypal you $10 if you do it, dead serious... note that I have the mind control thing and not the slow device.
Corran Horn said:
....then promote you to masters league to see the further frustration off multiplayer from you.
Dude, fuck Master league. The only reason I'm not master is because I don't click "Find Match" anymore. When I landed on bronze and leveled up to silver and gold, it took me ages and I had to sweat and piss blood for it. Felt that I had achieved something for once...

Gold -> Diamond was lol, took me like 10 matches. And god damn, so boring.

V_Arnold

Now THIS is why I LOVE playing Zerg.
Me vs a Protoss on Ladder. He starts with the usual stuff, I am afraid of his 2 gateways, so I start with some roach pressure to expand... but the trick comes later on...

Not a long match, but definitely has some lessons for the Protoss players. Leave a sentry or a zealot at your ramp whenever you go attacking. That is one for starters. Others is why 2gate before cyber if you wont use those zealots for anything? o_O

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Yoshichan said:
Just so fucking pissed about the last mission All In on brutal. It's just ridiculous how piece of garbage the difficulty curve is, as it went from 24 missions being "fairly easy" to the last mission: "WHAT THE FLYING FUCKING FUCK IS THIS PIECE OF DOGSHIT?"

And the fact that I've done so much just to get big bitch slaps all over my face doesn't help either. The fact that I've literally gone back two missions and remade them so that I can choose to buy other upgrades/change either air/ground is just fucking wrong.

Spamming siege tanks isn't gonna work, you know why? BECAUSE I CHOSE THE FUCKING MIND CONTROL bullshit instead of the AoE slow thing. Why? Because when I searched which one's the best, everyone PRETTY MUCH said that the mind control thing with Air makes it super easy. Guess what? IT'S NOT SUPER EASY. It's so hard I'm literally shaking out of frustration.

So I go back a couple of missions AGAIN (another 3 hours of my fucking life gone) to then find out that nothing I do, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING changes the fact that this shitty stage isn't gonna be beaten because of stupid choices (which clearly wasn't a stupid choice by that time) on the mid parts of the game.

Bah.

You know you can just download the save file to get the achievement right?

/darkside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom