• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
BruceLeeRoy said:
Can anyone explain to me how I can still be in Silver despite that fact that I have been #1 for the last 2 months and I have been consistently beating Golds and Diamonds. Meanwhile one of my friends who just got the game a month ago and has a 1/3 win loss ratio is diamond?

it's really really hard to say. I wouldn't pay much attention to your league placement, just focus on your evolution as a player instead of worrying about stuff like a symbol at the login screen or your MMR.

If it's meant to be, it will come.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Can anyone explain to me how I can still be in Silver despite that fact that I have been #1 for the last 2 months and I have been consistently beating Golds and Diamonds. Meanwhile one of my friends who just got the game a month ago and has a 1/3 win loss ratio is diamond?

Some datamining has revealed the following code:

IF UID="BruceLeeRoy"
THEN
ACTION="...."
ELSE
ACTION="Profit"
ENDIF

That could have something to do with it.
(Snarkiness aside I have no clue, for me it never matches me against Gold players, but always gets me platinum players or silver-players that are actually platinum or above in skill.)

I think they have a "hidden" rating that you can't see that the matchmaking system uses to determine your opponents too. Kind of lame.

I haven't been on since middle of last week when I lost half of my RAM in my computer. SC2 on Medium isn't playable in the slightest and I refuse to use lower settings when my computer is capable of extreme. With luck I can play by this weekend when replacement modules get here.

mescalineeyes said:
it's really really hard to say. I wouldn't pay much attention to your league placement, just focus on your evolution as a player instead of worrying about stuff like a symbol at the login screen or your MMR.

If it's meant to be, it will come.

Wise words Mescaline wise words my friend.

DurielBlack said:
Some datamining has revealed the following code:

IF UID="BruceLeeRoy"
THEN
ACTION="...."
ELSE
ACTION="Profit"
ENDIF

HA nice man.

mescalineeyes said:
honestly though, if you want, I can dig the promotion formula up for you, someone figured it out just last week.

Na thanks for the offer. I only really care when suck ass players I know get promoted ahead of me.

Cheeto

BruceLeeRoy said:
Na thanks for the offer. I only really care when suck ass players I know get promoted ahead of me.
wtf i hope you aren't reffering to my recent promotion! THEMS FIGHTING WORDS

Trickster

hamchan said:
iNcontrol coaching on his stream. He's actually really good at being a tutor, seems worth the money >_>

Yeah, but damn the brother of the kid that bought the lesson is so fucking obnoxious, my god D:

Corran Horn said:
I bet now that mlg and us tournys are so well money wise, no sense for idra to be in korea for one tournament.
It seriously is.

He has a bigger chance winning an MLG than a GSL realistically.

That's why I don't think Korea will be the ultimate SC2 gamer destination and the scene will be more global instead of committing yourself to one tournament which doesn't give you any chance to play all the other ones going.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
HolyCheck said:
NASL.tv

North American Starcraft2 League???

whois's takes it to gosucoaching (stolen from tl)
address takes it to incontrol specifically!
and tl admin says idras move was smart!
the madness!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
NEW YORK (Reuters)- Major League Gaming, the largest professional competitive video game league, will be expanding to new markets outside North America thanks to a new partnership with IMG, the global sports and entertainment company

IMG, which is run by billionaire private equity investor Ted Forstmann, will boost the profile of Major League Gaming, a league where players compete in video games like Microsoft's "Halo: Reach" and Activision Blizzard's "StarCraft 2" in tournaments across the U.S. and on the Internet.

IMG will focus on marketing the league in the UK, Germany, France, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil as well as in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe, IMG Media President Michel Masquelier told Reuters.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/16/us-gamingpartnership-idUSTRE71F0VZ20110216

hamchan

Looks like I'll be spending double the money on starcraft each month if this North American Starcraft League is true.

EDIT: If there is an internet stream of course. Can't imagine it not having one.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
hamchan said:
Looks like I'll be spending double the money on starcraft each month if this North American Starcraft League is true.

EDIT: If there is an internet stream of course. Can't imagine it not having one.

So true.. and imagine if it's on TV.. I hope it's on at a time when it's like 1am here in Aus.. we ccan get ABC3 to air it ;_;

Seems like a smart move. Also, theoretically couldn't Idra go back to Korea for GSLs if he wanted to, assuming they don't interfere with the NA tournaments?

The NA tournament scene is certainly getting bigger, and Idra could probably dominate it

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Didn't the MLG guy on SoTG mention they they were going to expand outside the US?

Anyway, great news. Plus Fnactic is doing a base in Malaysia I think.

Does anyone who uses the Map Editor have any idea why it's slow as shit for me all of a sudden? The last time I used it was months ago (probably 2 patches or so) and as MrMister and some others know I made quite a few maps. Now when I try to carve terrain out or lay down textures, my changes only update every 1-3 seconds when it used to update in real-time. For example, if I hold down left click with the lowering elevation tool selected, and drag it across the map really quickly, there might only be like 2 individual holes not connected where it used to carve a completely connected chasm in the path that I drew. It's like when I'm trying to alter terrain it goes like 5 frames per second or something. To make a chasm now I have to move the mouse REALLY slow.

I have no idea what the deal is but making maps is impossibly annoying like this, and I won't be touching the editor unless I find a fix. The only thing I've done to my computer since is overclock it and add more RAM (from 6GB to 12GB)... but that's resulted in better running games across the board for me so I don't think that could be the reason that the editor is suddenly running slower, if anything it should be the opposite.

hamchan

Stevie Gerrard said:
This show is really bad for the game, discourages people from trying new strategies or simply trying to play better in favour of crying and complaining. It's like the anti-Day9
Yeah it's not the greatest show lol. The high five miss is the best thing to come out of it.

IceMarker

MisterAnderson said:
Does anyone who uses the Map Editor have any idea why it's slow as shit for me all of a sudden? The last time I used it was months ago (probably 2 patches or so) and as MrMister and some others know I made quite a few maps. Now when I try to carve terrain out or lay down textures, my changes only update every 1-3 seconds when it used to update in real-time. For example, if I hold down left click with the lowering elevation tool selected, and drag it across the map really quickly, there might only be like 2 individual holes not connected where it used to carve a completely connected chasm in the path that I drew. It's like when I'm trying to alter terrain it goes like 5 frames per second or something. To make a chasm now I have to move the mouse REALLY slow.

I have no idea what the deal is but making maps is impossibly annoying like this, and I won't be touching the editor unless I find a fix. The only thing I've done to my computer since is overclock it and add more RAM (from 6GB to 12GB)... but that's resulted in better running games across the board for me so I don't think that could be the reason that the editor is suddenly running slower, if anything it should be the opposite.
It most certainly has to do with SC2 patches and maybe the tool you might be using, try switching between noise, solid, and faded circles for example and see what you get. Personally, I haven't had any problem with the editor and terraining and texturing, besides maybe a hiccup there or two.

IceMarker

2wq5xrk.png

The 11th weekly GAF night is here! This will be the GAF night before the NGOpen Tournament begins, so I expect a lot of well known players to show up and have some fun with us before the serious business begins. Also, we can play some Shadow Assault and Shadow Assault 2: Retaliation!

Information Guru said:
The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<Custom Maps>
<FFA>

Streams and Misc. Info
-MrMister's Stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mrmister-live
-Corran Horn's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Mumble Info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065

THE NUKES OF HAZARD

if you play 10 games within a week you shouldn't be surprised, as your activity on the ladder does factor into promotions.

also, did you beat 10 master league players?

Is it just me or is the Medium AI ridiculously easy? At least the Normal AI in Warcraft III gives me a bit of a challenge. If Medium is so retarded I'd hate to see what Very Easy is like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom