• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
The Lamonster said:
Is it just me or is the Medium AI ridiculously easy? At least the Normal AI in Warcraft III gives me a bit of a challenge. If Medium is so retarded I'd hate to see what Very Easy is like.

Medium AI has honed its skills @ SC2 Bejewelled. it's impossible.

The Lamonster said:
Is it just me or is the Medium AI ridiculously easy? At least the Normal AI in Warcraft III gives me a bit of a challenge. If Medium is so retarded I'd hate to see what Very Easy is like.

Fire up SC2. Choose multiplayer. Hit 'Create Game'. Type 'fyn' in the search box. Choose a map you like. Play against Fyndor AI (branched off of Green Tea AI). You'll have a challenge.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mescalineeyes said:
if you play 10 games within a week you shouldn't be surprised, as your activity on the ladder does factor into promotions.
does not!
*points to vautrin*

that dude was promoted after like 5 months of inactivity. >_>

and no, it still throws me random diamonds. which is even worse! if i was atleast playing masters every game, i could call it good practice. but as is its just insulting. >_>

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Play too passive, need to be denying their 3rd and my unit control is pretty bad.

IceMarker

lhTmT.png

Shadow Assault 2 has been updated! I heard y'all like polish patches fo' yo' polish patches.

-- Added a 'final warning' for when the Shadow Cage is attacked by a Dominion unit
-- Added enemy Diamondbacks to the map and spawn system
-- Attempted fix of Dominion spawning system pathing
-- Fixed some more trigger issues
-- Adjusted Boss Spawners
-- Adjusted Dominion Bunkers
-- Adjusted Dominion Spawners
TeamLiquid Thread

FoxSpirit

The Lamonster said:

The only setting where the AI plays seriously is 'very hard'. Even on hard it often does stuff like not getting siege mode for tanks. And on 'insane' it heavily money cheats.

Very easy is... well, just try it :p

Stevie Gerrard said:
This show is really bad for the game, discourages people from trying new strategies or simply trying to play better in favour of crying and complaining. It's like the anti-Day9

As if people need help finding a reason to cry and complain. They were doing it long before this show was created and would continue to if Artosis and Idra stopped making episodes.

The shows are interesting and the discussions they generate (after the "lol idra and artosis talking about balance / whining" comments) are pretty good.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Corran Horn said:
Ill get masters before you, dont worry.
course, you can 4gate and be there by the end of the day if you actually wanted to.

13-0 and now im matched with a platinum [and getting unfavoured points]. im being trolled.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pandaman said:
course, you can 4gate and be there by the end of the day if you actually wanted to.

13-0 and now im matched with a platinum [and getting unfavoured points]. im being trolled.
I'm 7-1 and I play against 1800+ diamonds. lol you.
Also I have stuff to do during GAF night :'[

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pandaman said:

I only 4 gate if pvp or in near tilt rage so your theory is wrong!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pandaman said:
i said you could, not tht you would. ;P
Just for that, Im going to 4gate every Zerg I see and told them Panda told me to do it.

THen Ill win the MLG tourny and get a chick in every country. Although this might be the drugs telling me this atm. I should be fine tonight while streaming...I hope lol

Somehow tonight and tomorrow I need to practice my PvP -.-''''

zlatko

Banned
Procarbine said:
Guys, the marvel, it's too fun, must practice for tournament but...too...much....fun....

scanners.gif

I've been playing it too for the last 2 days, and I'm overall disappointed as shit in that game. The amount of things lacking in making it a fun online experience with friends is past disheartening. Plus, the air combo counter ability by just hitting the same direction as your opponent and the launch button always leaves you with a 50-50 chance to mess it up for him. Too often I'll try to start up some sweet air combo to get some damage in, but my opponent just cancels it out. The biggest things that piss me off over it's fundamental design is there is just NOT enough time on the clock. 90% of my fights end in time overs a rare rare rare occurence in any other fighters.

Patches could fix most of this, but seeing as how Capcoms aim is never fixing, but just throwing DLC to get more money, I don't expect much.

I'm not gonna write it off quite yet, but I expected more. :/

MrMister said:
It most certainly has to do with SC2 patches and maybe the tool you might be using, try switching between noise, solid, and faded circles for example and see what you get. Personally, I haven't had any problem with the editor and terraining and texturing, besides maybe a hiccup there or two.

Why do you say it most certainly is the SC2 patches? Is it a known issue?

I mean, I figured it probably has to do with some kind of editor patch, but it's literally like a 300% decrease in performance. There used to be no lag from when I click somewhere to seeing the result of my click. Now it's pretty much impossible to use. Really annoying as I have always loved making maps. Is there a way to reinstall the editor without reinstalling the whole game?

ezrarh

Corran Horn said:
Just for that, Im going to 4gate every Zerg I see and told them Panda told me to do it.

THen Ill win the MLG tourny and get a chick in every country. Although this might be the drugs telling me this atm. I should be fine tonight while streaming...I hope lol

Somehow tonight and tomorrow I need to practice my PvP -.-''''

I'll practice pvp with you....

;)

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
zlatko said:
I've been playing it too for the last 2 days, and I'm overall disappointed as shit in that game. The amount of things lacking in making it a fun online experience with friends is past disheartening. Plus, the air combo counter ability by just hitting the same direction as your opponent and the launch button always leaves you with a 50-50 chance to mess it up for him. Too often I'll try to start up some sweet air combo to get some damage in, but my opponent just cancels it out. The biggest things that piss me off over it's fundamental design is there is just NOT enough time on the clock. 90% of my fights end in time overs a rare rare rare occurence in any other fighters.

Patches could fix most of this, but seeing as how Capcoms aim is never fixing, but just throwing DLC to get more money, I don't expect much.

I'm not gonna write it off quite yet, but I expected more. :/

Yes, they do need to add in spectator mode and replays, but I think you're a little off base with the air combo thing. You can only cancel out of team air combos, the ones where you use S + direction to bring in a teammate adn extend the combo instead of just S to ground bounce. The team aerial assist combos can add as much as one bar of meter off the assist alone, straight up, without a defense to it it would be too good. Safer options are just grounding with S, or bouncing with some other move, and using an OTG/something else if you didnt ground to extend the combo. You can get plenty of damage in that way.

I've had one match in my 20 end in time out, and even then it was only just. In this game you do much more damage than in mvc2, yipes is actually in favor of turning damage on to Low for tournaments because he thinks it's too fast. Not that I played mvc2, that's just what I heard in a yipes interview. Are you playing a zoning game against people just blocking the whole time? I could see timeout happening then, but that will disappear as people learn how to play. I play a rushdown style, so I can't speak to the timing of zoning games, but if you are I would think it would be comparable to high level SF sims, where you see timeouts semi-frequently.

BUT this is for another thread :D

Q8D3vil

Procarbine said:
Yes, they do need to add in spectator mode and replays, but I think you're a little off base with the air combo thing. You can only cancel out of team air combos, the ones where you use S + direction to bring in a teammate adn extend the combo instead of just S to ground bounce. The team aerial assist combos can add as much as one bar of meter off the assist alone, straight up, without a defense to it it would be too good. Safer options are just grounding with S, or bouncing with some other move, and using an OTG/something else if you didnt ground to extend the combo. You can get plenty of damage in that way.

I've had one match in my 20 end in time out, and even then it was only just. In this game you do much more damage than in mvc2, yipes is actually in favor of turning damage on to Low for tournaments because he thinks it's too fast. Not that I played mvc2, that's just what I heard in a yipes interview. Are you playing a zoning game against people just blocking the whole time? I could see timeout happening then, but that will disappear as people learn how to play. I play a rushdown style, so I can't speak to the timing of zoning games, but if you are I would think it would be comparable to high level SF sims, where you see timeouts semi-frequently.

BUT this is for another thread :D
the game damage system and x factor are retarded.
pro want to turn the damage down to avoid to losing to noob due x factor.
i feel like i'm playing the alpha version of the game.
and i didn't even mention sentinel.

IceMarker

MisterAnderson said:
Why do you say it most certainly is the SC2 patches? Is it a known issue?

I mean, I figured it probably has to do with some kind of editor patch, but it's literally like a 300% decrease in performance. There used to be no lag from when I click somewhere to seeing the result of my click. Now it's pretty much impossible to use. Really annoying as I have always loved making maps. Is there a way to reinstall the editor without reinstalling the whole game?
The editor is the whole game technically. As far as I'm aware though, I haven't had any issues at all with the editor, save for a few bugs, you could try lowering graphics to see if that smooths it out.

FoxSpirit

Q8D3vil said:
the game damage system and x factor are retarded.
pro want to turn the damage up to avoid to losing to noob due x factor.
i feel like i'm playing the alpha version of the game.
and i didn't even mention sentinel.

OeERz.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Are we seriously discussing MvC3 in a SC2 thread?

Q8D3vil

Yoshichan said:
Are we seriously discussing MvC3 in a SC2 thread?
i got carried away, reminded me of rock band thread where they discussed everything there, it was like an entire forum inside a single thread.

on topic, i feel sorry for clide and zenio :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ikuu said:
I finally won a ZvP! http://replayfu.com/r/WK1PTt would be nice if anyone could take a look at let me know what I can improve on.
Watched the whole game on normal speed. Very nice match, great management and reaction.

I say what you needed to do that game was to grab those two super easy zel'nagas with zerglings or w/e early game and keep something there at all times (until creep reaches that point) :)

edit: great transition into brood lords and nice corrupter micro. Excellent creep spread and good job not letting the toss grab that gold mine :)

Ikuu

Cheers, yea I really need to work on my scouting and I pretty much played the majority of the game blind, and just assuming what he would do.

I decided to take a small break from doing Funday's Only to actually play proper tonight. Lets see how I do. I think I lost around 50 points from the last 1 I attempted (where I just cannon rushed into fast expanding at their natural).

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ikuu said:
I finally won a ZvP! http://replayfu.com/r/WK1PTt would be nice if anyone could take a look at let me know what I can improve on.
so... whats your problem with zvp exactly? >_>

you were atad late on your corruptors, but you had the tech intime. maybe you should be a bit more diligent scouting his army comp.
you were a tad slow on droning after his feint, but you had the econ advantage.
you scouted forge first and came home to a missing probe and no ramp vision and failed to PANIC <-- this is a problem.

other than that, you played standard and bossed that scrub. also dat creep.

Ikuu

Haha, yea I should have been worried about Cannon rush, but I've not seen it in so long I just thought expo. I guess my problem with ZvP has been early pressure, and I think late game I wasn't making enough Hydras.

Anyone have a link to a casted game (or games) with a double forge build? I heard them talking about it on SotG but haven't seen it done that I can remember.

dk_

How's the matchmaking in SCII? Do you get adequate enemies at the start? I only played parts of the campaign and I'm doing ok on normal, but I fear I'll get ripped apart in mp mode.

dk_ said:
How's the matchmaking in SCII? Do you get adequate enemies at the start? I only played parts of the campaign and I'm doing ok on normal, but I fear I'll get ripped apart in mp mode.

the matchmaking is excellent. You'd be hard pressed to get your quote under or over 50% by a significant margin -- unless you're HuK.

dk_ said:
From my experience (which was mostly in the beta), it's some of the most fair matchmaking I've ever seen. It's really amazing how similar in skill you will be to your enemy after a handful of games (it takes 5 or so games to determine your skill).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom