• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
boy, not really impressed with huk, he threw away like 10 chances to win this game, and is just throwing units away pretty stupidly. Like throwing 6 void rays to die at the island expansion. How about mass them up with your army and use them instead of feeding them to AA turrets.

Deadman

Great game.

Huk should have gone blink stalkers before zealot legs. And yeah he should have just massed the voids and 1a to victory rather than mess with the island expansion.

Jesus that was a long game 3. qxc could have ended it earlier when he was up by 2 expos but he just played with drops and never bothered to use a full on frontal assault. Great timing window when there was no robo bay up and no more colossi coming. HuK managed to stave it off and bought himself enough time to recover, gold expo really brought him back into things. A little more scouting by qxc and he could have done it.

Keikaku

How does this Gunrun guy manage to make every part of the game seem so unexciting? Worst commentator I've ever heard.

Bring back HD and put him with Day9. They were a really awesome team :D

Won

elrechazao said:
boy, not really impressed with huk, he threw away like 10 chances to win this game, and is just throwing units away pretty stupidly. Like throwing 6 void rays to die at the island expansion. How about mass them up with your army and use them instead of feeding them to AA turrets.

He was too scared I guess. Wanted to play it save and smart, but it didn't work out for him.

Keikaku said:
How does this Gunrun guy manage to make every part of the game seem so unexciting? Worst commentator I've ever heard.

Bring back HD and put him with Day9. They were a really awesome team :D
MB7AH.jpg

V_Arnold

I have grown to tolerate GunRun. Guy smiles a lot, he is a totally nice person judging by the video footage. I just cant hate him anymore :(

But his sound... well.

V_Arnold said:
I have grown to tolerate GunRun. Guy smiles a lot, he is a totally nice person judging by the video footage. I just cant hate him anymore :(

But his sound... well.
He stares at the camera with his creepy smile and his hands clasped anytime they aren't casting, it's really creepy.

Keikaku

V_Arnold said:

But his sound... well.

Yeah, he looks like a nice, happy dude. I'm sure he'd be a cool guy to know in real life. Just keep him away from SC2 commentary, please.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
God damn I feel bad for protoss. All these matches Im watching the Protoss gets drop or attacked from so many angles against Terran :/

So much unit waste, not scouting, and not paying attention to a couple of units slaughtering your only expansion....bad game : /

Too bad, would have preferred to see HuK moving on. Two games in a row just didn't scout the expansions and was always behind on the resources. Poor micro and not keeping up on the macro just cost him bad.

IceMarker

Deadman said:
Ive just loaded it up and i was playing on version 1.1, so seeing as hes about to release 2.1 that probably explains everything.
If you're an EU player, that would be version 1.6. Won is my EU publisher so the version number will be different than in US. When I upload 2.1 tonight for US, I'll upload it for EU and make sure it's marked as 2.0.

Long story short: Both regions are getting 2.1 tonight/tomorrow, for US it'll have version 2.1 on the title for EU, either 1.2 or 2.0 depending on what Won selects when publishing!

FoxSpirit

fanboi said:
It appears that ChronicleX has been banned from TL...

30 day temp ban

Reason: your entire post history is filled with imba whine

pretty soon we'll be seeing posts from you like "bawww, terran is so op that their scvs killed my mothership!!"

keep the whining and trash off of tl when you come back or don't come back at all

I swear a thread like TL's ban thread would be great for here. Gets you times and reasons for a ban :)

FoxSpirit said:
30 day temp ban

Reason: your entire post history is filled with imba whine

pretty soon we'll be seeing posts from you like "bawww, terran is so op that their scvs killed my mothership!!"

keep the whining and trash off of tl when you come back or don't come back at all
Must be a different chroniclex than ours....

:lol :lol :lol

Haunted

elrechazao said:
Must be a different chroniclex than ours....

:lol :lol :lol
:lol

FoxSpirit said:
I swear a thread like TL's ban thread would be great for here. Gets you times and reasons for a ban :)
But that takes away all the mystique and GAF drama possibilities!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i had an overwhelmed moment today and it felt soo good.

0Ep9D.jpg

it was like a full minute and a half of ling/ultra streaming in and roflstomping him and he just immediately quit.

Mystery

valenti said:
I need to practice against 4 gate / 3 gate robo toss builds :p

I'm down for a scrim if you want to try some strats against me.

e: You haven't played a 1v1 ladder game in 4 weeks. :p

Keikaku

I'm on a pretty huge break from SCII 1v1s. The major reason is that I was out sick for a whole week at school and that means that I've got a lot of work to catch up on.

The other reason is that lately I've been feeling less and less satisfied with using Protoss. I feel disappointed with the race as a whole on two fronts. The first is that a Protoss army just doesn't feel mobile enough. Don't get me wrong, anytime I use Blink Stalkers and/or Chargelots, I love it. I love that "Now I'm here, now I'm not!" feeling that I get just blinking in and out of my opponents base. I love rushing my chargelots right into a Terran MMM ball and just ruining their shit-it's awesome. Building 4+ colossi, casting hallucination and enjoying the War of the Worlds light show is great. However, while a Protoss army is powerful as all get out, they feel lumbering and slow to respond to multi-front threats.

The second is that I feel like I basically have to use either one of two strategies: 4 Gate or 2 Gate Robo. I just don't feel like there is a lot of variety available to me as a Protoss player. This is especially true if I'm playing another Protoss. PvP feels almost ritualistic and formalized. It doesn't feel fun to play Protoss anymore. All you Terran and Zerg players seem to be having so much fun and I want some of that, dammit.

I guess what I want to know is:
1. What are some of your guys opinions? Any Protoss have any insights for me?
2. This is one for all the members of the Swarm out there: Any chance I can get some help from you guys in the near future? I'm thinking of going Zerg.

In case you're wondering, here is my sc2ranks.com page: http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/446781/Keikaku. As you can see, I'm not by any means a very good player but I'm not a scrub.

I agree with you. Protoss can be the most fun race sometimes, but is often the most boring, slow, and straight-forward. I don't feel like I can viably go for anything but the usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom