• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadman

Id go 30-35/15-20 for non korean/korean ratio. If you have too few koreans then all you've done is recreated the 3rd round of mlg and made it last for 13 weeks. If you did it strictly on the best 50 players in the world then you would have 45 koreans, which isnt ideal.

With this you could select the 5/6 best players from each race but still have plenty of non koreans in the tournament.

twofold said:
The formation of team houses is a great thing - it's definitely what is needed for the the NA/EU players to catch up to the Koreans. But if you notice.. The root/EG houses were only put together recently. They're only possible now because of the NASL and the increased exposure and sponsorship money they'll be receiving from it

Creating a team house does not take as long as you think, It's just bunch of Starcraft players roommating together and playing Starcraft all the time which should happen with those teams in day 1. It's not like they are people with lab coats and goggles in the oGs house analyzing the game to its fullest.

twofold said:
I don't think it's about the players being scared of Koreans -- at least, I hope it's not -- it's more that the NA/EU players need to get more exposure to attract sponsors to allow them to go fully pro and compete with the Koreans. There's not much money in esports at the moment - if there was, Root would have got a sponsor long ago. If the Koreans end up outnumbering the NA/EU teams in the NASL, they're not going to be able to attract sponsors they need as they're not going to get enough exposure for sponsorships to be worthwhile.

As I said there are more teams paying their players to play SC competitively outside of Korea than in (only 1 team is paying salaries in kr), So for someone like EGMachine who gets to live with people like Idra and inka while being totally covered when it comes to salaries and travel expenses, he can't blame anything when he doesn't perform.

I also can't believe you're saying there's not much money in SC2 right now. What are comparing it to ? the Champions League or NBA ? As far as I know SC2 has the highest prize money on average of any game in the world even when excluding the GSL. Sure it will be nice to get even more money but that will come in time.

twofold said:
I'd like to see a 20/20/10 split, personally, in the league.

Like I said, I agree with only inviting 10 koreans at first, while I think it's better to see the other side as 40 "foreign" invites instead of 10 NA, 10 EU, 10 SEA but whatever.

My point was that they shouldn't limit the Korean numbers to 10 at all times, as in, if the first 10 koreans don't drop down no more koreans can qualify, even if they deserve it by placing in top 8 of the 1000 man tournament.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i dont see any reason to give the eu more slots than kr.

its the north american league after all.
30/10/10 would be fine.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:

30/10/10 would be fine.
it depend what do you mean by NA players ( do you mean that the player live in NA or play in the NA server ?) since many EU players have NA accounts and vice versa.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Pandaman said:

30/10/10 would be fine.

Dont forget there are the 8 slots from the open tourney

20 / 11 / 11 / 8

I don't agree in them limiting the number of koreans if they dont also limit the number of Europeans or Americans.

heck the trouble then comes, what about the rest of asia?

20 / 8 / 8 / 8 / 6 for asia?

edit: just saw thunders idea of korean spots, and foreigner spots. I think that works, but then if it ever gets flooded with euros another argument will begin

WedgeX

Banned
My build order is officially out of sync. I had a decent one going when Aylin was coaching me. Watching some of the day9 daily's had helped, too.

Anyone up for coaching me on some basics today? I'm sick so likely won't be heading out for St. Patrick's Day, d'oh.

Aylinato

WedgeX said:
My build order is officially out of sync. I had a decent one going when Aylin was coaching me. Watching some of the day9 daily's had helped, too.

Anyone up for coaching me on some basics today? I'm sick so likely won't be heading out for St. Patrick's Day, d'oh.

splinter has been doing terran lately, he can help u

F#A#Oo

Banned
I think I have a SC2 problem...I watch more SC2 than actually play...

It's gotten really bad... :( I literally cannot get myself to play...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
F#A#Oo said:

Not just you my friend, I havent played in a month.

Yet I've watched about 50 - 60 hours of pro sc2 in that month...

WedgeX

Banned
Spl1nter said:
ya if you want any help just ask. We can go over some basic mechanics and build orders to help improve your play.

Yeah I'll be eager to learn today! Nothing like feeling embarrassed playing 1v1s to gain some motivation.

Haunted

HolyCheck said:
Dont forget there are the 8 slots from the open tourney

20 / 11 / 11 / 8

I don't agree in them limiting the number of koreans if they dont also limit the number of Europeans or Americans.

heck the trouble then comes, what about the rest of asia?

20 / 8 / 8 / 8 / 6 for asia?

edit: just saw thunders idea of korean spots, and foreigner spots. I think that works, but then if it ever gets flooded with euros another argument will begin
It's important to note that the applicant breakdown has been

65 NA
26 EU
19 KR (including Moonglade)

Which is a lot less Europeans than I anticipated tbh. Them following a distribution reflecting the applicant numbers is certainly not unthinkable.

Also, the 8 open spots are only for the second season, not the first.

F#A#Oo said:

haha, welcome to the club. Haven't played a game in ages, yet follow the scene more fervently than ever. I've evolved to all spectator.

Every time the SCII shortcut stares at me in the start menu, I mumble "I'll start again with HotS" under my breath before clicking the GOM player. :p

HolyCheck said:
Not just you my friend, I havent played in a month.

Yet I've watched about 50 - 60 hours of pro sc2 in that month...
I am the same way. The ladder grind was no fun at all. I was very good at terran for the first few months but it got boring and I quit.

Now the only time I ladder is as toss (I am awful at it) and I always go fast High Templar (or another odd build) because I love psi-storm. I don't even really try to win. My only goal is to get the other team to rage about how OP my crappy strat is.

Q8D3vil

Corran Horn said:
He use to stream himself playing CoH's alot.
not being a pc gamer when coh got released was the biggest mistake of my life :(
my favorite sp rts game, i even heard the mp was good too.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
mescalineeyes said:
my sound is fucked up with xsplit :/
What's wrong with it exactly? Not sure if it's Dyyno itself but your stream seems to have a good minutes delay on it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mescalineeyes said:
has anyone in high diamond/low masters played terran opponents recently? out of my last 25 or so games, only 1 was against T.

Sorta weird, no?
although masters is made up of an eual amount of terran/protoss/zerg players, it is a curious fact that as you rank up higher and higher, you are more likely to be a terran.

WedgeX

Banned
Pandaman said:
although masters is made up of an eual amount of terran/protoss/zerg players, it is a curious fact that as you rank up higher and higher, you are more likely to be a terran.

So I have a better chance of being a master? Score!

Wait there's an ai player on this match? Is that just to ensure they don't spawn close positions or something? It's not even on the map I'm confused

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Aquavelvaman said:
Wait there's an ai player on this match? Is that just to ensure they don't spawn close positions or something? It's not even on the map I'm confused
Its a weird map. I guess. I missed that part of the stream

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Jinro playing a scrub that game.
The cloaked AI is there to force cross spawns or something. I don't know.

ke8Bu.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom