• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol since today's koth was such a disaster, the next one will be:

APRIL 30th 6PM EST!!!!!!!
3bPh4.png

GET ON IT FOLKS!
FUN FUN FUN!

Zzoram

Ya way too many events going on to keep up with everything, I really need to stop trying, and just stick to the biggest ones

Spl1nter

Ladder is putting me up against such bad players. Im 9-2 in my last little stretch and it hasnt seem to of adjusted at all. Its not even putting me against rank 1 diamonds, always rank 10-15. Need more of a challenge. Getting away with so many mistakes and still winning to easily...

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Spl1nter said:
Ladder is putting me up against such bad players. Im 9-2 in my last little stretch and it hasnt seem to of adjusted at all. Its not even putting me against rank 1 diamonds, always rank 10-15. Need more of a challenge. Getting away with so many mistakes and still winning to easily...
fletch-new.gif

Spl1nter

The play of the opposing players is so confusing. I 1 rax fast expand, the zerg scouts it and his response is to put down spine crawlers, like wtf.

Corran Horn

Spl1nter said:
The play of the opposing players is so confusing. I 1 rax fast expand, the zerg scouts it and his response is to put down spine crawlers, like wtf.
Must thought he was playing a MC protoss!

syllogism

Oh look Losira and Nestea, again, saying zerg sucks

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=215919

Speaking of losira, I wonder how seriously he takes ladder http://sc2ranks.com/kr/1164779/IMLosirA

MVP appears to still be playing random http://sc2ranks.com/kr/1617022/IMMvp

e:

Fruitdealer: ZvP is really hard right now. Sometimes, there are situations where I can’t even theorycraft on what to do in that matchup. In practice, when I face a protoss, it just often makes me feel like, I can’t win.
Nestea: If I were terran or protoss, I think I would be in contention to win more championships. But as a zerg I don’t know if I will get many chances.

Zzoram

Starjeweled is impossibly hard. I just can't beat Hard AI, I'm too bad at Bejeweled. L2Die I finally beat it on Brutal on the 6th day, but I need to beat it on the 5th day to get another achievement, not sure how I'll pull that off.

Corran Horn

Pandaman said:
what chanstaa said.

i think we need to borrow corran to make our banner. xD
I havnt made banners/art since high school dawg. I have the lack of fonts on my pc and I dont want to search for my old packs anymore

But here you go

sc2koth.jpg

jersoc

Zzoram said:
Starjeweled is impossibly hard. I just can't beat Hard AI, I'm too bad at Bejeweled. L2Die I finally beat it on Brutal on the 6th day, but I need to beat it on the 5th day to get another achievement, not sure how I'll pull that off.

it's pretty easy, if you need any tips I could probably offer some. I suck at Sc2, but I haven't lost a game of starjeweled yet. Against the cpu I just matched gems as fast as I could and spawned a bunch of roaches and immortals, pretty easy. Lay down some storms as you make a final push. You could always summon some colussi instead of immortals and keep them healed up. It's very dependent on how fast you can match. Remember to stun their big units, you can still kill them while they are stunned.

jasonng

MrMister said:
Must... come back to Starcraft II-GAF... the power of the HoN-GAF side... too strong...
I see you in mumble, chatting with that traitor Meeru. What does HoN-gaf have that we don't have?

Just got promoted to Silver as a full-time Zerg player.

I had played most of the first season about 80% Protoss/20% Zerg in Silver, took a two-month break, came back as 100% Zerg toward the end, and got placed in Bronze for season two, which was definitely where I belonged as a Zerg.

I love this race, and it feels good that the bookkeeping kind of stuff (injects, creep spread, managing drones) is becoming to some (even if only Silver-level) extent rote, so that I have a bit of the feeling of being able to devote some attention to other things without the basics falling to pieces.

Zzoram

slidewinder said:
Just got promoted to Silver as a full-time Zerg player.

I had played most of the first season about 80% Protoss/20% Zerg in Silver, took a two-month break, came back as 100% Zerg toward the end, and got placed in Bronze for season two, which was definitely where I belonged as a Zerg.

I love this race, and it feels good that the bookkeeping kind of stuff (injects, creep spread, managing drones) is becoming to some (even if only Silver-level) extent rote, so that I have a bit of the feeling of being able to devote some attention to other things without the basics falling to pieces.

Not missing larva injects is really, really key. Missing a round is brutal and results in money piling up. That's why it's often a good idea to get an extra macro hatchery to spend injects on if you miss a few rounds.

Haunted

Did anyone watch Day1 of the StarsWar tournament yesterday? TLO cheesed out HongUn pretty hard, Dimaga rolled over Lyn and Nestea lost to some Chinese Protoss I'd never heard of. :eek:

Oh, and Nada won against SaSe.

It's interesting how unbelievably anticipated some of the Korean - foreigner matchups were around the time the TSL3 was announced, also at the GSL WC and NASL... while the FXOpens and tournaments like StarsWar pit them against each other regularly and basically no one watches. >_>

Haunted

TheThunder said:
I've only watched Dimaga vs Lyn and then couldn't keep up anymore after the long day and went to sleep.
I feel asleep during game 1 of TLO vs HongUn. After watching ~10 hours of SC2 yesterday, I do not want to talk about the dreams I had last night. >_>

V_Arnold

I would love to play more against Gaffers, but both Knives and Devil is simply on a different level compared to me, and even as a Terran I could take some games from them, but playing as zerg, I have too much of a mind block right now to provide any real challenge. I seriously need a long-term training partner though, the closest thing to that might be Devil :D

jasonng

Haunted said:
I feel asleep during game 1 of TLO vs HongUn. After watching ~10 hours of SC2 yesterday, I do not want to talk about the dreams I had last night. >_>
Was TLO the big spoon or little spoon?

zlatko

Banned
There's so much pro SC2 now I almost feel it's made it not as awesome. It's just an overload and I honestly can't keep up with even half of all the tournaments that have been going on, as well as playing games/work/school.

Haven't even got to play SC2 in several days now. The world needs to slow down and let me catch up. :(

fanboi

Banned
I think they should start a world cup type of thing where they traveler country to country attending to LANs where they accumulate points in a total world cup standing.

Winner gets ONE million dollars.

Zzoram

V_Arnold said:
I would love to play more against Gaffers, but both Knives and Devil is simply on a different level compared to me, and even as a Terran I could take some games from them, but playing as zerg, I have too much of a mind block right now to provide any real challenge. I seriously need a long-term training partner though, the closest thing to that might be Devil :D

what level are they? what level are you?

i'm like a mid-diamond player, pretty mediocre

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
V_Arnold said:
come to me arnold... i will teach you the ways of the herd!

Haunted

fanboi said:
I think they should start a world cup type of thing where they traveler country to country attending to LANs where they accumulate points in a total world cup standing.

Winner gets ONE million dollars.
*cue Dr.Evil picture*

Seriously though, the money rankings are the closest we've got to that right now.

V_Arnold

Corran Horn said:
Zelda is better

.truth hurts

Not really. If you would put just one 100th of the time into any Zelda that you probably do put into into watching/playing SC1/2, you would turn into an uncontrollable mass of vomiting machine.

Corran Horn

V_Arnold said:
Not really. If you would put just one 100th of the time into any Zelda that you probably do put into into watching/playing SC1/2, you would turn into an uncontrollable mass of vomiting machine.
Just because one game is a spectator sports does that make it a better game.

Probably best not to have this debate haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom