• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only gripe with that video is the second caster (who is that?) trying to say Majora's Mask is not a good game. That game is amazing, complex, and maybe slightly over ambitious, but it is still an incredible addition to the Zelda lineup.

Haunted

Can we stop actually engaging in the gamefaqs debate and just appreciate how hilariously endearing Tastosis' response to that poll is?

Artosis is personally offended that anyone could consider Zelda over SC. That is hilarious.

zlatko

Banned
Awesome Animals said:
My only gripe with that video is the second caster (who is that?) trying to say Majora's Mask is not a good game. That game is amazing, complex, and maybe slightly over ambitious, but it is still an incredible addition to the Zelda lineup.

You're in a SC2 thread and don't know who Tasteless is? GTFO!

:(

Haunted

jasonng said:
What's going on here? Why is my SC2 family fighting with each other!? WHAT HAPPENED TO US.
IrdMc.jpg

Haunted

Awesome Animals said:
I apologize for not knowing what Tasteless sounded like. Now, isn't that Day[9]'s brother? I will keep the nub questions coming all day baybay.
No worries! Everyone started out not knowing the personalities of the scene. And yes, he is.

Many of the simple questions can be answered perusing the excellent Liquipedia. Otherwise, there's always someone helpful around here as well.

Haunted said:
No worries! Everyone started out not knowing the personalities of the scene. And yes, he is.

Many of the simple questions can be answered perusing the excellent Liquipedia. Otherwise, there's always someone helpful around here as well.

Oh, I do love the Liquipedia, but alas it doesn't help me learn announcers voices. I think that is how I knew he was related to Day[9] though.

jasonng

Deadly said:
Is Tuesday's permanent or just this week?
Depends on the reaction from everyone I'm guessing. This is probably a test to see how things go. Man, Gaf Night has been getting bigger and bigger. ONE NIGHT CAN'T CONTAIN ALL THE AWESOME THAT IS ME US.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
so i just watched two spanishiwa games on huskys channel and while he is a very good player i am of the firm belief that infestors counter EVERYTHING. they need to be slapped by the nerf bat.

Spl1nter

-COOLIO- said:
so i just watched two spanishiwa games on huskys channel and while he is a very good player i am of the firm belief that infestors counter EVERYTHING. they need to be slapped by the nerf bat.

they dont counter ghosts or high temp

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
with the emp nerf you need several ghosts to emp the bulging, not easily clumped together infestors. in this scenario you can mind control one of them and emp the other ghosts. its also easy to trap the ghosts, cloaked or not with fungal.

as for templar, ill let a protoss tell us why it doesnt work.

also, mass infestors by themselves dont counter everything, obviously, it's more like mass infestors and one other companion unit of your choice counters everything

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
-COOLIO- said:
with the emp nerf you need several ghosts to emp the bulging, not easily clumped together infestors. in this scenario you can mind control one of them and emp the other ghosts. its also easy to trap the ghosts, cloaked or not with fungal.
yea man, playing the game is hard, you should be able to just build one unit to kill infinite infestors.

fungal is fine, the only thing that i think is stupid is the additional damage to armored......like what.....the....fuck and if you fungal a colossus, LET IT MOVE!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Pandaman said:
yea man, playing the game is hard, you should be able to just build one unit to kill infinite infestors.
using mind control to emp ghosts is something that happens in high level games with crazy unit compositions.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
-COOLIO- said:
using mind control to emp ghosts is something that happens in high level games with crazy unit compositions.
oh yea, zerg just has to cast three spells before you cast one, not a problem at all.

it doesn't happen unless zergs trololololing.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Pandaman said:
oh yea, zerg just has to cast three spells before you cast one, not a problem at all.

it doesn't happen unless zergs trololololing.
it definitely happens. and three spells? mind control -> emp. what am i forgetting? the borrow?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
-COOLIO- said:
it definitely happens. and three spells? mind control -> emp. what am i forgetting? the borrow?
the fact that emp only removes 100 energy.

but hey, if zerg can get 200/200 energy infestors vs 75-100 energy ghosts, thats terrans problem for being bad.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Pandaman said:
the fact that emp only removes 100 energy.

but hey, if zerg can get 200/200 energy infestors vs 75-100 energy ghosts, thats terrans problem for being bad.
in that case should you be saying its 3 spells vs 2 spells?

Zzoram

_tetsuo_ said:
So after like half a year, I am finally hosting another Starcraft tournament. This one is bound to drive me even crazier lol. 128 players, $2000 prize pool, and this headset to raffle off to those who don't make it out of pools. Info is here for anyone interested.

Your map pool listed in those rules is super outdated. Many of those maps aren't even in the ladder or any tournaments.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Link me to the real shit and I'll change it. It's been hell for me today and I just used the first thing I saw lol

edit: is this the list?

MLG Metalopolis*
MLG Scrap Station
MLG Shakuras Plateau*
MLG Shattered Temple*
MLG Xel'Naga Caverns*
MLG ICCup Testbug*
MLG GSL Crossfire SE

Zzoram

_tetsuo_ said:
Link me to the real shit and I'll change it. It's been hell for me today and I just used the first thing I saw lol

edit: is this the list?

MLG Metalopolis*
MLG Scrap Station
MLG Shakuras Plateau*
MLG Shattered Temple*
MLG Xel'Naga Caverns*
MLG ICCup Testbug*
MLG GSL Crossfire SE

MLG Metalopolis
MLG Shattered Temple
MLG Shakuras Plateau
Xel'Naga Caverns
GSL Tal'Darim Altar
GSL Terminus RE

These are the best maps in rotation right now

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Pandaman said:
time to lose some games on the ladder. >_>

lol

You guys know much better than I do. Should I open it up to masters? As last time, I gave my GAF folks first crack at sign ups (besides our Facebook, which is 90% fighting game players lol) and I can still edit the post.

Zzoram said:
MLG Metalopolis
MLG Shattered Temple
MLG Shakuras Plateau
Xel'Naga Caverns
GSL Tal'Darim Altar
GSL Terminus RE

These are the best maps in rotation right now

K ill change it to that.

mcrae

-COOLIO- said:

as for templar, ill let a protoss tell us why it doesnt work.

also, mass infestors by themselves dont counter everything, obviously, it's more like mass infestors and one other companion unit of your choice counters everything

i dunno if thats fair coolio.... i would be absolutely amazed to see two players of equal skill go against each other and the terran not get off his emps before the zerg is able to infest, select the ghost, and emp the other ghosts. unless he leads with infestors, and then doesnt get off enough fungals for them to be worth it before they die

edit: i see panda already addressed it... nvm!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
mcrae said:
i dunno if thats fair coolio.... i would be absolutely amazed to see two players of equal skill go against each other and the terran not get off his emps before the zerg is able to infest, select the ghost, and emp the other ghosts. unless he leads with infestors, and then doesnt get off enough fungals for them to be worth it before they die
i would find the game im talking about specifically but its old. its actually pre ghost nerf/infestor buff too go figure. it's somewhere in the hd or husky vault. the terran definitely had sick micro skill too because he was sniping broodlords and managing siege tanks.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
_tetsuo_ said:
Panda I took out the league restrictions. I just hope Huk doesn't walk in there or something lol
You can have Masters, but maybe not Grand Masters.
Otherwise everyone new gets stomped :[

On the other hand watching some good games might be interesting (Do you need a caster? Who is streaming?)

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Hazaro said:
You can have Masters, but maybe not Grand Masters.
Otherwise everyone new gets stomped :[

On the other hand watching some good games might be interesting (Do you need a caster? Who is streaming?)

Casters are welcome. I'll be streaming on my justin channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom