• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
theshizzle said:
fungal is fine, the only thing that i think is stupid is the additional damage to armored......like what.....the....fuck and if you fungal a colossus, LET IT MOVE!

I personally don't like how FG locks units into place. Pretty much anything that eliminates micro is bad imo but, if you let your Colossus get FG'd (w/o an army) in the first place you deserve to lose it.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mcrae said:
are you just pocketing the extra $560?
with the headsets +shipping it'd be closer to $300

but yea, the tourney is being run by a business tetsuo represents [owns?], businesses dont do stuff for free. >_>

mcrae

Pandaman said:
with the headsets +shipping it'd be closer to $300

but yea, the tourney is being run by a business tetsuo represents [owns?], businesses dont do stuff for free. >_>

pretty much any tournament ive watched in the past however long ive been watching them has been sponsored by a business for free :)

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
mcrae said:
are you just pocketing the extra $560?

Like Panda said, after the headset and Paypal takes its cut it isn't $560. Before the tournament starts I have to sort through emails and respond to each person individually as well as make invoices for everyone. I'm going to have to moderate the tournament over the course of 2 weeks, make sure people are available for matches, track them down, watch for good replays to attach to the bracket for easy viewing, record and upload video, find casters and live stream the top 8. All by myself. In return, people get an easy to enter 2K tournament with payouts for top 8 and a chance to win a prize even if you don't make it out of pools. I think my place deserves something.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
_tetsuo_ said:
Like Panda said, after the headset and Paypal takes its cut it isn't $560. Before the tournament starts I have to sort through emails and respond to each person individually as well as make invoices for everyone. I'm going to have to moderate the tournament over the course of 2 weeks, make sure people are available for matches, track them down, watch for good replays to attack to the bracket for easy viewing, record and upload video, find casters and live stream the top 8. All by myself. In return, people get an easy to enter 2K tournament with payouts for top 8 and a chance to win a prize even if you don't make it out of pools. I think my place deserves something.
I just realized that there was a $20 entry fee (After I checked the FB page). I was wondering why the payout was so ridiculous :)

If that is the case only serious people are going to apply and you might as well open it up to everyone (and I'll spread the word, see if we can't get some known people in it).

I'd love to cast (on GAF-nights we generally use mumble). If scogoth, splinter, or feep, etc wants to co-cast or you find someone else that's great.

But will the Top 16 be played at a specified time, or are you simply doing this all by replays? What/When will you stream?

Hope the quality is better than MvC3 ;)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
how bout you dont spread the word and i win it. >_>

that too much to ask haz?

i agree with tetsuo that he's doing alot of work, but im pretty sure you're forbidden to run starcraft 2 tourneys for profit without blizzards okay. >_>

zlatko

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
Panda I took out the league restrictions. I just hope Huk doesn't walk in there or something lol

It's your tournament so you can have the rules state no known players or sponsored players are allowed to participate. That way no Huk's or Sheth's would come in to roll everyone.

I'll definitely watch the streams. I bet if you got into contact with some known casters they'd be willing to cast for free if it fit into their schedule.

Just a thought. :)

YakiSOBA

I'm going to be laddering like mad tonight (Terran, Diamond). All I'm going to do is mass thors and expand when safe vs all races, I will let you know my win ratio after 20 games.

ultron87

Corran Horn said:
Neural parasite a HT and storm his army.

Pfft, the pros neural parasite 1 out of every 5 High Templar (with full energy, naturally), feedback the other 4, and then merge the NPed ones into Archons so that they can't possibly run away.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
ultron87 said:
Pfft, the pros neural parasite 1 out of every 5 High Templar (with full energy, naturally), feedback the other 4, and then merge the NPed ones into Archons so that they can't possibly run away.
Pros actually using infestors? Gasp

mr. puppy

Banned
wow......ghosts vs. the infestor/broodlord/corrupter late game army are soooo nasty. if you only expand towards the oponent, or at aggressive spots like golds that force the zerg to attack there, you can set up a great fort of tanks/PFs/etc. to hold off lings, and you can cloak in like 7/8 ghosts to sniper just about everything.

i wonder if the mods here would let us put the race that we like to play next to our S/Ns like they did with the world cup flags.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Pandaman said:
how bout you dont spread the word and i win it. >_>

that too much to ask haz?

i agree with tetsuo that he's doing alot of work, but im pretty sure you're forbidden to run starcraft 2 tourneys for profit without blizzards okay. >_>

The tournament is Blizzard sanctioned. All of the tourneys are supposed to be approved by them. I know both of mine were.

Spl1nter

mr. puppy said:
wow......ghosts vs. the infestor/broodlord/corrupter late game army are soooo nasty. if you only expand towards the oponent, or at aggressive spots like golds that force the zerg to attack there, you can set up a great fort of tanks/PFs/etc. to hold off lings, and you can cloak in like 7/8 ghosts to sniper just about everything.

1 full energy cloaked ghost has enough energy to snipe only a single broodlord (6 snipes). 1 Full energy ghost has enough energy to kill 2 infestors (3 snipes each). Not as effective as you think.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
_tetsuo_ said:
The tournament is Blizzard sanctioned. All of the tourneys are supposed to be approved by them. I know both of mine were.
I find it funny how hd and husky still say they are waiting for blizzard approval for the HDH2. Just say it won't happen because you dont like each other! :p

_tetsuo_ said:
Panda I took out the league restrictions. I just hope Huk doesn't walk in there or something lol

We've got GAFers who could beat Huk

I wish I could sign up, but I'm going to Texas on the 11th. Hmm, I doubt I'll win anyway tho, so perhaps I'll sign up anyway and try to win a game lol

Spl1nter

Played and beat my first masters player :)

Played 2 tvz's in a row on scrap. Won both goin 14cc and both rage quits :p

Top 8 Diamond. Well I guess im the best terran gaf player now. Time to switch race.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
PhoenixDark said:
We've got GAFers who could beat Huk

I wish I could sign up, but I'm going to Texas on the 11th. Hmm, I doubt I'll win anyway tho, so perhaps I'll sign up anyway and try to win a game lol

That would be so damn awesome. You better believe I would stream that series no matter where it was in the bracket.

zlatko

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
That would be so damn awesome. You better believe I would stream that series no matter where it was in the bracket.

Don't believe a word he says. Take a game off Huk? Sure. Beat him in a best of 3? I highly fucking doubt it. I love my Gaf players, but from what I remember that night when Sheth did some exhibition matches with some Gaffers the gap between our master leaguers and a guy like Huk is big.

Who seriously here thinks they could beat him in a best of 3 or best of 5? Come forth ye God among men and share some 1337 replays with us.

jasonng

Spl1nter said:

Top 8 Diamond. Well I guess im the best terran gaf player now. Time to switch race.
For fuck's sake, just go random already.

zlatko said:
Don't believe a word he says. Take a game off Huk? Sure. Beat him in a best of 3? I highly fucking doubt it. I love my Gaf players, but from what I remember that night when Sheth did some exhibition matches with some Gaffers the gap between our master leaguers and a guy like Huk is big.

Who seriously here thinks they could beat him in a best of 3 or best of 5? Come forth ye God among men and share some 1337 replays with us.

Sheth is actually good though

Trasher

Spl1nter said:
but i like choosing my race. I dont want to be dictated by the machine
But Terran is the machine race.

Wait, so how many Masters are on GAF? I find it sad that Spl1nter is the highest ranked Terran player here. :(
<3 ;)

But really though, how many Masters do we have out there?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
zlatko said:

Who actually thinks they could take a game off a pro here? As far as I know we don't have anyone remotely near that level.

Spl1nter

Q8D3vil said:
splinter, mind sharing your tvp strategy/bo :p

I havent been playing any tvp lol. Only tvz. I have a tvp strat in my head that I want to try but just havent played any tvp.

Been working on my drop play, getting slightly better at it.

Spl1nter said:

Top 8 Diamond*. Well I guess im the best terran gaf player now. Time to switch race.

*US Diamond.

FTFY

cdyhybrid

I had a dream 2 nights ago that I wrecked a Protoss with a Marine/Tank timing push. I normally play Zerg. Is this a sign I should switch races or something?

mcrae

cdyhybrid said:
I had a dream 2 nights ago that I wrecked a Protoss with a Marine/Tank timing push. I normally play Zerg. Is this a sign I should switch races or something?

this is a sign you play too much sc2 lol

Deadman

mcrae said:
i always play zerg so i want to watch idra, but his stream is 100x more choppy/laggy than white-ras... and white-ra talks a lot so its hard to decide

Yeah apparently hes having problems with xsplit which is causing all the lag :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom