• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcrae

Pandaman said:
so apparently my old mouse was really slow because i have no control over my new mouse anymore. xD

i move it a cm and the screen scrolls to the top of the map. -.-

have to adjust my senstivities.

what did you end up getting? and where? i think im going to head to the canada computers on saturday to get a new one+mousepad

twofold

mescalineeyes said:
Dear Spanishiwa,

thank you for all the free wins.

Sincerely,

someone who understands and knows how to exploit your build.

abandon it as fast as you can. borrow elements but trust me, without gas, you're a sitting duck.

;D

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mescalineeyes said:
Dear Spanishiwa,

thank you for all the free wins.

Sincerely,

someone who understands and knows how to exploit your build.
dear spanishiwa,

thank you for the free wins.

Sincerly,

every player whose figured out that queens and spine crawlers cant attack.

twofold

mescalineeyes said:
no I meant free wins from people thinking its viable in zvz.

Oh, lol.

Yeah, I don't like it in ZvZ at all.

I've been playing Dimaga style ZvZ recently. Really liking it a lot, despite losing a lot more than with aggressive roach/ling style. His 12 weeks episode is pretty awesome.

twofold said:
Oh, lol.

Yeah, I don't like it in ZvZ at all.

I've been playing Dimaga style ZvZ recently. Really liking it a lot, despite losing a lot more than with aggressive roach/ling style. His 12 weeks episode is pretty awesome.

don't stress, mr. bitter. it's bad for you :D

WedgeX said:
Map isn't supported by sc2replayed :(

I loved that game, ending up with one scv hidden behind a rax that I didn't notice for a good minute.

I liked that game more because I contributed a little more. What seems interesting is that when a team tries to rush like that, it seems that it enables the other team to get stronger because they focus on one of the three, and the two who aren't attacked can fend it off, and usually respond. Although it helped to have Scogoth.

jasonng

A Scrub's Tale on Ladder #2:

Played against an interesting opponent. He was a passive/reactionary Toss player. He did a 4gate into expo with another expansion around the 10-11 minute mark. I was scared that I wouldn't been able to hold a 4gate (probably wouldn't have if he didn't expand) but was confused by the 7+ sentries. Then I saw the Phoenix illusions and let a sigh of relief. Now, I see him keeping up with his macro and he knows I'm scouting with overlords to see his tech choices but at no point did he decide to harass me even when he's scouting me as well. He made immortal stalker when he saw me tech to roaches then to HT when I teched to hydras. An odd choice when he saw my den. I assumed he went Colossi instead so I planted a spire right after my den.

I was already on 5 bases with 7 hatches when he decided to get his 4th. Denied that and went for the kill. It still bothers me that he could've poke me at any time and I would've crumbled before I massed up a good sizable army.

At least I'm finally learning how to read army compositions, specifically the gas spent, thanks to Panda. It really does help me figure out my opponent without needing to scout his base all the time. Also, I'm finally learning to retreat my army so I don't always throw my army away and lose. I may not switch races after all. Maybe.

Spl1nter

Beat another master's player today. They were pretty bad however. Just completely out macroed them.

Finally playing some tvp's. Won both that I played pretty convincingly. Need to find a strong all-in for close position maps however. Just playing a standard tvp style. However I do have two other styles I would like to try.

Hearing qq from a toss is so splendid.

Spl1nter said:
Beat another master's player today. They were pretty bad however. Just completely out macroed them.

Finally playing some tvp's. Won both that I played pretty convincingly. Need to find a strong all-in for close position maps however. Just playing a standard tvp style. However I do have two other styles I would like to try.

It often surprises me how bad some people are at macroing compared to their ranking.

Spl1nter said:

That paragraph read like total biscuits casting.

mcrae

AdventureRacing said:
That paragraph read like total biscuits casting.
Totalbiscuit casts? Gonna have to check it out. He is the same one as narrated that league of legends tutorial video posted a bit up, right? I like his style. Thought he was that Yahtzee guy that reviews games... All australians are the same haha

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
mcrae said:
Totalbiscuit casts? Gonna have to check it out. He is the same one as narrated that league of legends tutorial video posted a bit up, right? I like his style. Thought he was that Yahtzee guy that reviews games... All australians are the same haha

you arent watching the ipl? :O

support that shit! 720P streaming and vods, all ad supported so all free.

totalbiscuit is actually casting catz vs select right now.
http://www.ign.com/ipl

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
mcrae said:

cheez_doing_it_wrong.jpg

mcrae said:
I hope that's not serious lol

WedgeX

Banned

Q8D3vil

Spl1nter said:

thor rush is glorious.

Birdman02

WhiteRa's stream is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Earlier today he went Forge FE on Shakuras into mass air (he made absolutely no ground units...at least none that I noticed) against some random Zerg. He was eventually pumping Void Rays and Carriers out of 4 stargates and maxed with a Mothership (he was running off of 5 bases). It was pretty crazy to see everything the Zerg had absolutely melt.

Slavik81

syllogism said:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=217194

This will steal the show at MLG, especially if EG participates as appears possible based on Machine's posts
That's too bad. I'd rather see a StarCraft relay race.

Like, give them challenges. When they arrive, group them into teams and line them up. First a Protoss challenge, like make a high templar. Then a zerg challenge to make 50 zerglings. Then a terran challenge, like research all +1 upgrades (bio, mech and air). Stuff like that.

Of course, the objectives need to be weird stuff that they probably don't already know the best build for.

mcrae

pieatorium said:
I hope that's not serious lol

it was serious

StopMakingSense said:
lol neither of them are Australian.

so....brit....ish.....?

*wikis*
aha, yahtzee writes for an australian magazine, thats it. yeeeeeeeeeep.
Slavik81 said:
That's too bad. I'd rather see a StarCraft relay race.

Like, give them challenges. When they arrive, group them into teams and line them up. First a Protoss challenge, like make a high templar. Then a zerg challenge to make 50 zerglings. Then a terran challenge, like research all +1 upgrades (bio, mech and air). Stuff like that.

Of course, the objectives need to be weird stuff that they probably don't already know the best build for.

when i first started reading your post i thought you meant they should form up into a visual representation of a high templar. then somehow pretend to be 50 zerglings at once. you lost me when you started talking about upgrades, and then whne you mentioned build orders i realized you have some boring in-game idea.

wooooo footrace! i wanna watch some nerds die of asthma!

Slavik81

mcrae said:
when i first started reading your post i thought you meant they should form up into a visual representation of a high templar. then somehow pretend to be 50 zerglings at once. you lost me when you started talking about upgrades, and then whne you mentioned build orders i realized you have some boring in-game idea.

wooooo footrace! i wanna watch some nerds die of asthma!
I like your idea as well.

Corran Horn

StopMakingSense said:
Yeah, he talks a lot, like Sheth does, but goes much more into the analysis and builds and timings.
"Oh I got this game, no way he can match my stuff" *Dies*

Best part lol

mcrae

syllogism said:
And isn't obnoxiously nice/fake

pretty ridiculous how he calls anything that would fail against 'standard' play cheesy - then doesnt play standard. why complain, its your own fault

Striek

TheThunder said:
Loving Artosis's stream right now :D
Seems to be only bitching about cheese on the NA server. But if he gets six-pooled, holds well then has 1300 minerals before he expands... he deserves to lose :p

Corran Horn

TheThunder said:
That is.... THE best part of it :lol
But then splinter lied to us about the NA ladder?

tt

zlatko said:
Wow one of the comments on the first page there made me laugh SO hard:

When eg finishes

Idra will be
*sunglasses*
Fields ahead
Idra is experienced in at Grack & Field

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Striek said:
Seems to be only bitching about cheese on the NA server. But if he gets six-pooled, holds well then has 1300 minerals before he expands... he deserves to lose :p
lol.

he got 10pooled on close by air scouts and gateway sniped and then acts like he's so far ahead zerg has to cheese again. so bad.

mcrae

well, artosis's stream is way nicer visually than Huk's. huks music is shit as well.

but you can tell the guy is completely in a league above artosis. looks like twice the apm.

Striek

Just had a 46min loss on meta. It was basically halfmap and hes heavy marauder, I had enough resouces that I went 5stargate carriers. I lose my gold but he loses most of his army when I reveal the carriers. One or two production cycles of marines reinforce and every interceptor is killed in about 5 seconds and I now have a massive army that can't attack. FML carriers suck. I knew there was a reason they're never used.

Q8D3vil

Striek said:
Just had a 46min loss on meta. It was basically halfmap and hes heavy marauder, I had enough resouces that I went 5stargate carriers. I lose my gold but he loses most of his army when I reveal the carriers. One or two production cycles of marines reinforce and every interceptor is killed in about 5 seconds and I now have a massive army that can't attack. FML carriers suck. I knew there was a reason they're never used.
same goes for bc's
right now only zerg seems to be able to mass tier 3 air and win with it :/

fanboi

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
same goes for bc's
right now only zerg seems to be able to mass tier 3 air and win with it :/

"Hi!

My name is Marine and I like to stim, you might remember me from such blockbuster games as "OH MY GOD *STIM* BROOD LORDS DIED" and "A marine walked in to a bar and asked, where is the counter?"

Also, don't forget my good ol pal Mr Viking!"

I'm as bitter as you are against Protoss :p allthough P gets away with so much

zlatko

Banned
I forgot who Devil said he was in the chat, but did you d/c or what? I saw you say you were lagging and then 100% bail out.

I wasn't lagging at all. I have a 16MB/sec connection, sexy PC, and easily run the game on max settings. Are you from Europe or something? I'm in Nebraska, so not sure why you were lagging. Hopefully we can play another time.

On a different note FUCK do I hate losing, but FUCK do I love killing mother fuckers who cheese me... AKA 9/10 games. Had a Protoss try to cannon rush me, I scout it right away and slap him down. Then he tries to poke at my natural with a forward pylon, but being the boss nerd I am I was microing my lings around the map as I macro to catch that kinda shit. Next he decides to throw in some phoenix to snipe over lords. He tries two half assed pushes, and all this time I'm checking to see when he tries to expand to counter. Turns out this idiot NEVER was going to expand, so then on the next push I just make a ton of lings and hydras, toss in a few banes, and go roll him. :)

I think I had 1 Protoss who didn't want to 1 base all in me in some way, but the majority of my games were ZvZ's tonight and my rage levels were probably reaching Yoshi levels. Won a few lost a few, but I really need to figure out how to play that match up more. Most of these the other Zerg just expanded early with a fast expand, but I never could find the right timing on when to go push his natural or even run by to go for the main. I feel like the only build that I can rely on in ZvZ if it's a big map is just 7 roach rush or 14gas/14 pool.

Any Z's have a go to build that helps them win most of their ZvZs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom