• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcrae

NukeDukem said:
Lifted from the official forums for CoT.

I'm interested in creating Team NeoGAF and applying for the tournament. I would like to have Spl1nter and Scogoth join the team, as well as any Gaffer worth his salt who would like to be a sub.

what a professional site. the topic in my tab is "yourdomain.com" before the view topis | topicname lol

never even heard of city of tempest before :/

gonna go play it

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
so i played a fastest map possible match on brood war yesterday.

i forgot some of the stuff you could do, i got double engie bay rushed with the engies floating over my minerals preventing me from mining. >_>

g3kqD.jpg

FURRIES!!!!

Pandaman said:

Very nice games. I haven't really played around with neural parasite against Cols since like...beta. Which is dumb because I've spent so many hours wondering about different ways to deal with force fields; never crossed my mind to try that again., god damn.

Second game...damn. I thought he was going blink Stalker once I saw the second gas, then my heart sank when I saw it was DTs :(

Third game :)

Ashhong

scogoth said:
7 rax with 15 SCVs

Time you visit us over in "In need a new PC"

Bullshiiiiiit. If I am consistently making marines, I can just barely, BARELY support 6rax + constant depots. The hell am I doing wrong then if you can transition from 7rax with 15scv into 4star banshees?

Trickster

I've realized that I'm pretty bad at managing my economy in longer games, some games I will be getting more money than I know what to do with, but some games I feel completely money starved. So I'm wondering how many probes is optimal to have in a mineral line once you get 3-4 active bases going? Right now I don't really know, so bases tend to be saturated with vastly different amount of probes.

twofold

Trickster said:
I've realized that I'm pretty bad at managing my economy in longer games, some games I will be getting more money than I know what to do with, but some games I feel completely money starved. So I'm wondering how many probes is optimal to have in a mineral line once you get 3-4 active bases going? Right now I don't really know, so bases tend to be saturated with vastly different amount of probes.

16 probes = optimal saturation.

So, 3 bases with 16 means 48 workers with another 18 on gas, totalling 66. I try to avoid going over 72~ workers in a game.

syllogism

MVP apparently had to forfeit his match against Idra at that chinese Starwars tournament due to scheduling issues

Haunted said:
explanation pls

where when against whom what's the situation

can't just drop one-liners like that in here!
Was probably referring to IPL and not exactly accurate

syllogism

slidewinder said:
There was some basis for his first gg?
It wasn't completely over by any means, but idra had 2 mutas, no blings, no gas while Select had 4+ tanks, 4+ medivacs. He was going to lose his gold and it would have been extremely difficult to break that siege position with that low count of mutas and blings. The small supply lead was mostly due to a bunch of lings being build and drones.

Having said that, he was obviously angry due to 8 mutas being destroyed by 8 marines + medivacs. Probably could have won that by target firing though.

Yeah, he was probably stewing the whole game over losing a bunch of drones to hellion harass, and then the mutas put him over the edge.

Even if his situation wasn't as solid as the food counts taken out of context might suggest, that just doesn't seem like a game that any other top player quits at that point.

Striek

syllogism said:
It wasn't completely over by any means, but idra had 2 mutas, no blings, no gas while Select had 4+ tanks, 4+ medivacs. He was going to lose his gold and it would have been extremely difficult to break that siege position with that low count of mutas and blings. The small supply lead was mostly due to a bunch of lings being build and drones.
He had 5-6 mutas and 20 lings making when he gg'd. He would've easily beaten Selects force back and held his gold (which the seige line was nowhere near) since the marine count was super low.

syllogism

Striek said:
He had 5-6 mutas and 20 lings making when he gg'd. He would've easily beaten Selects force back and held his gold (which the seige line was nowhere near) since the marine count was super low.
He didn't have them, those were being made and no that's not nearly enough to engage what Select had (though it's not quite clear what he had in his base due to terrible observing). He could have won if Select delayed his push, but he was definitely behind, especially due to his gold having no drones at all.

Striek

syllogism said:
He didn't have them, those were being made and no that's not nearly enough to engage what Select had (though it's not quite clear what he had in his base due to terrible observing). He could have won if Select delayed his push, but he was definitely behind, especially due to his gold having no drones at all.
I'm trying to watch the vods which aren't loading right now, but I'm pretty sure it was like 120 supply to 100 in Idras favour when he quit and his reinforcements were going to crush face. Maybe I remember wrong, will check when the vods cooperate.

Edit: 123 supply to 104 when Idra quit. He had some lings out he must've forgot about and more coming and 1.2k minerals...thats an early gg.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
just played an obs where 5 players in a row cheesed me. >_>

you'd think the 5th guy would have gotten the hint, but nope one base hellion thor.

i feel bad for gafs plats/low diamonds. its not even fun to beat cheese, its just 'oh, that. *builds appropriate stuff*'

Won

There is really no point in overanalyzing this game. He lost a bunch of Mutas, got frustrated, left the game. That's just how Idra ticks.

syllogism

Striek said:
I'm trying to watch the vods which aren't loadin right now, but I'm pretty sure it was like 120 supply to 100 in Idras favour when he quit and his reinforcements were going to crush face. Maybe I remember wrong, will check when the vods cooperate.
The supply count was in idra's favor, but that supply count included the units that were in still in eggs and Select would have had his next wave of marines by the time Idra could have engaged again. It's an uphill climb for zerg when you are basically on even bases against T and you lose all your mutas while terran still has all their gas units. He shouldn't have gged, but he was probably going to lose.

Select had 1k+ minerals as well; the gas was the issue.

Striek

syllogism said:
The supply count was in idra's favor, but that supply count included the units that were in still in eggs and Select would have had his next wave of marines by the time Idra could have engaged again. It's an uphill climb for zerg when you are basically on even bases against T and you lose all your mutas while terran still has all their gas units. He shouldn't have gged, but he was probably going to lose.

Select had 1k+ minerals as well; the gas was the issue.
Supply includes marines/tanks building too.

If Idra had've waited for his next round of units he would've had 9 mutalisks (still had 5 alive), 40 zerglings and 4 speed banes against 4 tanks and ~10-15 marines.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Deadman said:
:( i was really looking forward to that
Too many tournament and managers not knowing how to schedule correctly for their players. Tired of people not meeting their scheduled games due to conflicts lol.

scogoth

Ashhong said:
Bullshiiiiiit. If I am consistently making marines, I can just barely, BARELY support 6rax + constant depots. The hell am I doing wrong then if you can transition from 7rax with 15scv into 4star banshees?

You dropping mules on time? And you have to be constantly attacking as the marines die you make more and then you don't need to build supply depots as fast.

Chinese Electric Batman said:
Oh yeh she looked nice at GSL don't get me wrong.

Just think she looks way better on her webcam right now.

because you can't see her teeth.

also, what's with terrans going battlecruisers vs Zerg on Tal'Darim now. Is this just a moron Diamond League thing or did some pro do this successfully?

Q8D3vil

mescalineeyes said:
because you can't see her teeth.

also, what's with terrans going battlecruisers vs Zerg on Tal'Darim now. Is this just a moron Diamond League thing or did some pro do this successfully?
someday we will find a way to get thor and bcs army !!!!

Keikaku

Just played against the most mannered, non-cheesy Protoss ever. We added each other to our friends list after the match and he seems like a cool dude. It's good to make new friends!

Had a real "Doh!" moment when I wanted to build corrupters to kill the, like 6 cols, that had managed to survive from his army. I hit "1" and "C" to build them and, after a little while of waiting while my roaches delay the cols from storming in to my natural/main, out pop . . . 25+ Overlords. I had hit "V" instead of "C" and that was pretty much what cost me the match since I kinda fell apart after that.

It's a good feeling to get back into SC2 after a break and I'm starting to get a feel for this game again.

syllogism

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=218240

THE ‘ONEMOREGAME TV’ GAMING NETWORK LAUNCHES - HOSTED BY MARCUS “DJWHEAT” GRAHAM

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA. – April 30th, 2011. – Today, popular pro gaming commentator Marcus “djWHEAT” Graham, in collaboration with Scott “SirScoots” Smith of Evil Geniuses, has announced the official launch of “OneMoreGame TV,” a brand new weekly broadcast network for gamers. The network which kicks off Sunday, May 1st at 11a.m. PST on www.justin.tv/onemoregametv will feature one unique gaming show each day Sunday thru Wednesday at 4p.m. PST and will play host to gaming pros and personalities like Geoff “iNcontroL” Robinson, Greg “IdrA” Fields, Rod “Slasher” Breslau, Taylor “PainUser” Parsons, Blake “Chill” Muzar, Chris "WackSteven" Iannitti and others.
OneMoreGame TV will serve as a broadcast hub for gamers everywhere by providing consistent, high-quality, and engaging streamed content centered around the leading pro gaming titles.

“I am incredibly excited to finally bring one of our most ambitious gaming initiatives, OneMoreGame.tv, to life. I've been working in the gaming industry with Scott of Team Evil Geniuses for many years now, and this project is another step in our efforts to further the growth of the amazing content that's being created to entertain the worldwide fans of pro-gaming,“ commented Marcus “djWHEAT” Graham. “Using our collective experience in production and competitive gaming, we plan on delivering great shows, world class event coverage, and more!”

The network, which will provide gamers with a plethora of unique gaming programming, has gathered support from leading brands Intel, SteelSeries, Kingston HyperX, Six Pool Gaming, Bigfoot Networks, and Justin.TV. The weekly broadcast schedule will be as follows:

• Sunday at 11a.m. PST – Weapon of Choice
• Monday at 4p.m. PST – Kings of Tin
• Tuesday at 4p.m. PST – Inside the Game
• Wednesday at 4p.m. PST – Live on Three

Follow the launch of the OneMoreGame TV on Twitter at www.twitter.com/onemoregametv - You can find the host of the network on Twitter at www.twitter.com/djWHEAT - And to learn more about the OneMoreGame TV network and its myriad of gaming shows, check out the official website at www.onemoregame.tv

About djWHEAT
Marcus ‘djWHEAT’ Graham is a globally recognized game commentator and Internet personality. As a player, content producer, and broadcaster, Marcus has over 14 years of experience in the competitive gaming industry. At the forefront of event and competition coverage, Marcus has always combined a unique mix of entertainment, education, and history to satisfy the competitive thirst of existing fans while also catering to the growing population of new fans. His raw passion and excitement towards games makes him one of the most unique pioneers of competitive gaming.
I suppose Inside the Game will be something like SotG

Aylinato

For anyone just buying the game, or wondering what the NA chat channel is, it is NeoGAF (or neogaf, same thing)

also archons being massive can't come soon enough(only way to help deal with forcefields as protoss(without killing ur colosi, or if u hate colosi like me ^-^ )

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Keikaku said:
I can't hold close positions on Shattered Temple as a Zerg. I'll post the replay when I stop feeling stupid >.>
go go go post it, I wanna watch

Haunted

Ikuu said:
So what tournaments has he won?
You don't need to win a tournament to be legit. Just ask MarineKing!

Deadman said:
None, but he did a few cheeses and nukes in the beta and it was put on husky's channel, so he got very popular.

/trollface
bahahaha

I like TLO :mad:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
First I must say I'm quite impressed by the fact that you kept pumping SCVs. Usually people with not so much experience tends to stop at like 12 SCVs. Good stuff.

I'm also pleased to see that you binded your army. That'll get you one step closer to binding pretty much everything else in the future when you get better.

Building a supply depot (at 10) is probably the first thing you should go for (that early refinery is probably a bit of an overkill, especially considering that you'll get supply blocked for quite some time).

Remember that the max amount of harvesters on gas (your refinery) is max three.

As you got that engineering bay, you might as well had gotten that +1 weapon since you had the resources for it.

Definitely make sure to upgrade your command center to an orbital command quite early in the game so that you can start using mules (exta mineralers) or sweeps (free scan wherever you please).

When you build a structure, you can shift + right click his destination after he's built it. This might be a bit hard to remember at start but try to use it as much as possible, it's essential when you get better!

The techlab is a great add-on for upgrading your bio units (you got it early), so I'd recommend getting something like Combat Shield or Stimpack when you build the tech lab :).

Queuing up low costly units like marines/SCVs are fine but doing the same thing for super expensive units like the banshees isn't recommended.Remember that queuing them up won't allow you to build them faster :p. You can use those resources to build another starport which allows you to build banshees simultaneously!

edit: And grab siege tech for your siege tanks! You'll be surprised how much ass you can kick with it :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom