• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
syllogism said:
The highest ranked zerg on korean ladder is currently #29. Meanwhile, the highest ranked random player is #27. Ouch.
Well all the Koreans just 1 base all in so I can see why they might have a hard time with that.
Extremely crisply executed 1 base attacks though.

Q8D3vil

Pandaman said:
so anybody know any decent terrans?
or just cheesy terrans, so is q3devil around?
dude, i'm cheesiest terran ever.
i can't play anyway, shitty internet problems in our whole region.
fucking sea cables.

lol, today i did the cheesiest thing ever i build a bunker in my natural like i was going to fe while building 6 rax tlo style, the zerg didn't have any spine and auto lost.
so good.

zlatko

Banned
Pandaman said:
so anybody know any decent terrans?
or just cheesy terrans, so is q3devil around?

Terran was the race I wanted to play the most before I got the game, and I still think they are the race with the coolest units and tech paths, but I just cannot play them. I can't keep their money low, I'm a more passive player so harassment is just awful, and I am never share when I should build more structures for units as opposed to expand or attack to refill, etc.

I don't know how others can do it outside of just learning 1 base mega all ins. :(

Jeff-DSA

This is what happens when I don't ladder enough. Notice how often my opponent was favored.

Wrongleague.jpg

Time to burn through my bonus pool, play more games, and get up into the leagues I belong in.

Jeff-DSA

zlatko said:
Watching Boxer vs Zenio right now on the NASL stream/restream whatever it is.

Both playing marvelously.

They are. It's still annoying to see how freaking strong fungal is though. Insta death. But whatever, Zerg deserves the reward for surviving the early game, I guess.

zlatko

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
They are. It's still annoying to see how freaking strong fungal is though. Insta death. But whatever, Zerg deserves the reward for surviving the early game, I guess.

I heard Ghosts were pretty good.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Jeff-DSA said:
stop relying on your cheapest most basic unit versus late game spellcasters and its not so instant anymore.

zlatko

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:

BANELING BOMB! :D

Jeff-DSA

Pandaman said:
stop relying on your cheapest most basic unit versus late game spellcasters and its not so instant anymore.

There's issues with how terrible Terran mech is versus Zerg, though.

I don't think fungal should stop units in their tracks, just deal the damage over the time period, but not stop the units cold in place. It's really dumb.

Jeff-DSA

mescalineeyes said:
learn to magic boy, it's not that hard.

I mean I guess it shuts down harass a bit, but just keep in mind how bloody slow thors are.

Nothing more tragic than a lone thor without marine support...

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
mescalineeyes said:
learn to magic boy, it's not that hard.

I mean I guess it shuts down harass a bit, but just keep in mind how bloody slow thors are.

It's the harass I'm worried most about. A single Thor ensures that I have to sacrifice my macro in order to try and micro my way around this bastard guarding an expo line with a planetary fortress preventing lings.

zlatko

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
There's issues with how terrible Terran mech is versus Zerg, though.

I don't think fungal should stop units in their tracks, just deal the damage over the time period, but not stop the units cold in place. It's really dumb.

Start thinking outside the box.

Most Zerg go for ling, bane, muta to win in ZvT. T just keep doing Marines, tanks, and eventually Thors.

Think of ways to incorporate Ghosts, Cattlebruisers, Marauders, Banshees, etc into play.

Most zerg are idiots and don't make enough overseers mid-late game. If you had a build set up to get the Banshee's with cloak in mid game to take out the infestors, you'd be good. Terran right now is the one race that seems to just keep doing the same shit, and that's why they are having a harder time I think.

Won

Yeah, Fungal will have to keep some flavour to not become another psi storm and whatever that is can still prevent Stalker from blink. But root? Blargh!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Won said:
It is almost guaranteed. The root effect needs to go away already.
Play some zvp's and then see if you're still willing to complain about fungal.

you think you know forcefields? you terrans know nothing about forcefields.

Spl1nter

ahoyhoy said:
It's the harass I'm worried most about. A single Thor ensures that I have to sacrifice my macro in order to try and micro my way around this bastard guarding an expo line with a planetary fortress preventing lings.

wtf. Unhappy our mutas don't auto harass for you lol. Muta harass is so easy.
Inject make units > harrass for 30 seconds and back out repeat process

zlatko

Banned
Spl1nter said:
wtf. Unhappy our mutas don't auto harass for you lol. Muta harass is so easy.
Inject make units > harrass for 30 seconds and back out repeat process

Find the location of the spire with a scan of the main. If it isn't there then it's at the natural. Drop and take out the spire, or try to attack before spire comes out, so the Zerg has to pump their money back into replacing w/e was used to hold that off. It's not like the zerg can replace everything in one flood during this key time.

I'm surprised more Terrans aren't out dropping to intentionally take out structures instead of getting greedy for drones. You can take out 10 drones and I can replace them in an instant, but the build time for structures is shitty----especially that spire.

twofold

Infestors clump up like mad. An emp or two would make them absolutely worthless. Ghosts are getting a reduction in cost in the next patch, too, so there shouldn't be any excuses for not using them.

Jeff-DSA

zlatko said:
Find the location of the spire with a scan of the main. If it isn't there then it's at the natural. Drop and take out the spire, or try to attack before spire comes out, so the Zerg has to pump their money back into replacing w/e was used to hold that off. It's not like the zerg can replace everything in one flood during this key time.

I'm surprised more Terrans aren't out dropping to intentionally take out structures instead of getting greedy for drones. You can take out 10 drones and I can replace them in an instant, but the build time for structures is shitty----especially that spire.

I always marauder drop Zerg and focus down buildings with spire and baneling nest as my priorities unless an infestation pit is up.

I've been finding that Vikings in the 8-10 number is really powerful against Zerg too. Go around their back end, if they have their overlords clumped up take 'em out. If they've done a good job hiding or spreading them, land in the mineral lines or focus down a building. Coordinate this with a push on the front and it's downright panic-inducing to a Zerg.

zlatko

Banned
twofold said:
Infestors clump up like mad. An emp or two would make them absolutely worthless. Ghosts are getting a reduction in cost in the next patch, too, so there shouldn't be any excuses for not using them.

Yeah, you'd think Terrans would want to use a unit that can also DROP FUCKING NUKES OUT OF THE SKY. You know how well a Nuke controls space on a map? TLO is the one Terran who I've seen really be a boss nerd about nukes.

I guarantee all a Zerg generally will do if they see you are starting to do nukes with Ghosts is just make 1 overseer in their army, if you sack some marines to take that bad boy out right at the start of an engagement, and he's stuck with no detection as that bad boy is coming to crash down, then the Zerg has to high tail it.

Ghosts are bad ass. <3

Jeff-DSA

zlatko said:
Yeah, you'd think Terrans would want to use a unit that can also DROP FUCKING NUKES OUT OF THE SKY. You know how well a Nuke controls space on a map? TLO is the one Terran who I've seen really be a boss nerd about nukes.

I guarantee all a Zerg generally will do if they see you are starting to do nukes with Ghosts is just make 1 overseer in their army, if you sack some marines to take that bad boy out right at the start of an engagement, and he's stuck with no detection as that bad boy is coming to crash down, then the Zerg has to high tail it.

Ghosts are bad ass. <3

It's an expensive gamble though. The ghost, the nuke, the cloaking upgrade, and the ghost academy itself add up big. A failed nuke is downright demoralizing.

zoukka

I've lost units to a nuke only once, and only because I didn't know what the korean warning of it was :D

Also Vikings are quite crappy in TvZ. Sure you can kill all overlords, while the zerg kills you.

Jeff-DSA

zoukka said:
I've lost units to a nuke only once, and only because I didn't know what the korean warning of it was :D

Also Vikings are quite crappy in TvZ. Sure you can kill all overlords, while the zerg kills you.

All Terran mech/air sucks against Zerg unless you are crafty with them. It's all too slow and too easily exploited.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
zoukka said:

Is that you Artosis...

zlatko

Banned
Jeff-DSA said:
It's an expensive gamble though. The ghost, the nuke, the cloaking upgrade, and the ghost academy itself add up big. A failed nuke is downright demoralizing.

Did you watch those Slayers/Zenio games earlier too? Remember how he was dropping those marines in the spots where the Zerg couldn't do shit about it? Imagine if you snuck a medivac with a Ghost up there, and then launched a nuke on that map.

What if on Xel naga, you took a medivac with an SCV, to build a sensor tower on that high ground above the xel naga towers, then left a Ghost up towards your side up there too. The second you see a swell of shit coming towards that Ghost, you cloak him, and set off a nuke towards they way they are coming, if he pulls back, you can cancel it. Solid map control, until he gets mutas out.

I seriously have a hard on for Ghosts, and if I had the skills to play Terran, then most of my builds would be centered around getting them out. They are just too sexy not to use. :)

Holden

zoukka said:

2 viks is more then enough to snipe ovies

Jeff-DSA

zlatko said:
Did you watch those Slayers/Zenio games earlier too? Remember how he was dropping those marines in the spots where the Zerg couldn't do shit about it? Imagine if you snuck a medivac with a Ghost up there, and then launched a nuke on that map.

That was so mean, but I'm wondering if you could have ghosts out early enough that they wouldn't nullify that tactic with a ghost. I'll have to see, it was pretty creative of him to drop those marines there.

zoukka

Hugoboss21 said:
2 viks is more then enough to snipe ovies

Also a single queen is enough to repel them.

What if on Xel naga, you took a medivac with an SCV, to build a sensor tower on that high ground above the xel naga towers, then left a Ghost up towards your side up there too. The second you see a swell of shit coming towards that Ghost, you cloak him, and set off a nuke towards they way they are coming, if he pulls back, you can cancel it. Solid map control, until he gets mutas out.

I seriously have a hard on for Ghosts, and if I had the skills to play Terran, then most of my builds would be centered around getting them out. They are just too sexy not to use. :)

Should work... if you're Boxer and your opponents are from the gold league :)

zlatko

Banned
zoukka said:
Also a single queen is enough to repel them.

Should work... if you're Boxer and your opponents are from the gold league :)

Zenio is a gold leaguer? Fuuuuck me then!

The point is those drops were placed in such good spots, and if that drop had been marines + 1 ghost cloaked up there, then stopping the nuke should be impossible unless he made overseers before hand, right?

:( Don't be so rough on me Artosis. You're my favorite nerd baller on planet Earth.

Jeff-DSA

Hugoboss21 said:
Why would u send vikings in the his base? Zerg usually send the ovies around the map to scout.

You shouldn't be flying around in there, but dropping on the mineral lines with a few Vikings is really powerful. The queen comes up and just melts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom