• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonng

Kodiak690 said:
I haven't played for months.. Is there a decent website to use to get caught up on changes and current strategies so I can get back into it?
http://bit.ly/kwLKzC

Not sure what you're expecting, the game hasn't completely change. I mean you can still unfortunately 4gate or 3gate robo into expo or 3 rax push. I mean, infestors and archons are pretty friggin good right now. Stim has a longer research time. That's it, really.

Kodiak690 said:
I haven't played for months.. Is there a decent website to use to get caught up on changes and current strategies so I can get back into it?

team liquid dot net

It's really the central hub for all things SC related.

Trickster

Awesome Animals said:
Dammit...I hate being an adult. All I want to do is spend the day laddering. I also need to get over losing. I get one loss, and get completely dejected.

Same thing happens to me when i lose my first match of the day. Key for me to get over it is to just keep playing, after a few games I'm not really bothered when I lose.

Holden

Panda!!! Y U NO GET ON MUMBLE?

618px-Y-u-no-exploitable.png

Awesome Animals said:
Dammit...I hate being an adult. All I want to do is spend the day laddering. I also need to get over losing. I get one loss, and get completely dejected.

Just playing games really is the best way to get over losing. Also no one gives a shit about your record and no one can see it anyway. If you know why you lost, fix it and hit the "next match" button right away. If you have no idea, watch the replay and find out what you did wrong so you can fix it. If you can't figure out what you could be doing better, ask us.

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Just playing games really is the best way to get over losing. Also no one gives a shit about your record and no one can see it anyway. If you know why you lost, fix it and hit the "next match" button right away. If you have no idea, watch the replay and find out what you did wrong so you can fix it. If you can't figure out what you could be doing better, ask us.
I know. I'm just hyper competitive.

Kodiak690

Neo Member
Haven't played since maybe a month or two after it was released... Play one new match for season 2 and it ranks me into Platinum. Now I'm getting my ass handed to me by people who obviously know what's up.. Awesome.

Trickster

Kodiak690 said:
Haven't played since maybe a month or two after it was released... Play one new match for season 2 and it ranks me into Platinum. Now I'm getting my ass handed to me by people who obviously know what's up.. Awesome.

Us people in platinum don't have a clue what we're doing lol. At least I don't most of the time.

cdyhybrid

How do I stop the Marine SCV all-in as Protoss? Literally every single Terran I've run into in the past 4 days has done it. If I don't see him FEing I open with a basic defensive 4gate opening but the attack gets there before WG is finished. Do I just have to chrono out a Sentry after my zealot every game vs. T?

cdyhybrid said:
How do I stop the Marine SCV all-in as Protoss? Literally every single Terran I've run into in the past 4 days has done it. If I don't see him FEing I open with a basic defensive 4gate opening but the attack gets there before WG is finished. Do I just have to chrono out a Sentry after my zealot every game vs. T?

Is it the rush where they wall off at the bottom of the ramp? It seems as though every terran is doing that at the moment.

I'm zerg though so i can't help much.

cdyhybrid

AdventureRacing said:
Is it the rush where they wall off at the bottom of the ramp? It seems as though every terran is doing that at the moment.

I'm zerg though so i can't help much.

No, it's pretty much 2 rax at the top of their ramp and then they come with marines and a bunch of SCVs. I'm gonna make 3 gates and only sentries after my first zealot and spam chrono on WG and see how that works out.

Striek

cdyhybrid said:
If you see they don't have gas with your initial scout send your initial units to his base to find out what hes doing.

Gateway
Core
Zealot (send when stalker halfway done)
Stalker (rally to zealot)
If you don't see expansion harass with stalkers while...
Second gateway
Stalker (rally to zealot)
Sentry
Sentry

Marine/SCV rushes with few unupgraded marines are very weak. Stronger rushes wont hit before you have sentries (probably not warpgates though). Delay, harass and pull your probes if he breaks your ramp.

New Dreamhack invites (more TBA): DIMAGA, Jinro, MarineKing, Anypro, Huk, Ret, Strelok and Happy

Full list

01. Virus Naama – Terran
02. oGs MC – Protoss
03. Duckload White-Ra – Protoss
04. Alternate Attax Socke – Protoss
05. Dignitas Bischu – Protoss
06. oGs NaDa – Terran
07. oGs InCa – Protoss
08. TSL FruitDealer – Zerg
09. EG IdrA – Zerg
10. Empire Kas – Terran
11. Dignitas NaNiwa – Protoss
12. Fnatic Sen – Zerg
13. Grubby – Protoss
14. mTw DIMAGA – Zerg
15. Liquid Jinro – Terran
16. Prime MarineKing – Terran
17. Prime Anypro – Protoss
18. Liquid Huk – Protoss
19. Liquid Ret – Zerg
20. Imba FXO Strelok – Terran
21. Empire Happy – Terran
22-43. Determined by DreamHack selection.
44. TBA by DreamHack.
45. TBA by DreamHack.
46. TBA by DreamHack.
47. Winner of DreamHack Summer 2011 BYOC Qualifier
48. Runner up at DreamHack Summer 2011 BYOC Qualifier

:O

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
OH MY FUCKING GOD, I WOKE UP TO THIS NEWS!

I'M GONNA MEET FOXER, I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE IT ;_;

DHS 2011 ♥ ♥ ♥

Rubashov

Trickster said:
Us people in platinum don't have a clue what we're doing lol. At least I don't most of the time.
I feel the same sometimes. I went from Silver to Gold to Platinum within 2 weeks, so my anti-cheese defenses didn't have time to develop. The lack of ladder experience leads to some stupid losses.

If anyone wants to practice, I'm always down. Rubashov.562

edit: Oops, NA server!

Rubashov said:
I feel the same sometimes. I went from Silver to Gold to Platinum within 2 weeks, so my anti-cheese defenses didn't have time to develop. The lack of ladder experience leads to some stupid losses.

When posting your User ID, please do not forget to mention what region you are playing on; given your information I assume you are playing on the US server -- but don't forget: America is not the world / cross-region play is not currently a possibility. :)

Spl1nter

Rubashov said:

edit: Oops, NA server!

just join the neogaf chat channel if you want to play practice games with gaffers.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You haters better look forward to what I have in mind to contribute to Foxer :) Will be working on it the couple of days!

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
You haters better look forward to what I have in mind to contribute to Foxer :) Will be working on it the couple of days!

A maids outfit with a sign around the neck writing, "Will Sex MarineKing For Free."

?

Yoshichan

fanboi said:
Nice Yoshi!
Finally someone positive in this fucking thread :/

Good lord.

Yoshichan

zlatko said:
<3 you. I'm just scared for what you have in store for him. :(
Oooh &#9829; Don't worry, it's just something he'll love (and so will GAF most likely) :D

btw did you change your avatar ._.? You had the marine.gif before or was that someone else?

Trickster

zlatko said:
<3 you. I'm just scared for what you have in store for him. :(

See the hoverhand topic for a preview.

Seriously though, I wish I could go as well, just be sure to get a lot of pictures for us :)

Yoshichan said:
Oooh &#9829; Don't worry, it's just something he'll love (and so will GAF most likely) :D

btw did you change your avatar ._.? You had the marine.gif before or was that someone else?

wasn't that hazaro?

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:

Marine.gif in red running was Hazaro I believe.

I flop my avatar around often, this is the one I've probably stuck with the most. Before this I had a Dark Souls knight, before that was Denzel Washington grinning like a jack ass, and so and so forth.

I'll be sticking with this idra avatar though until E3 where I'm sure something awesome will come up and I'll be swept up in hype to get a new avatar done. :)

Yoshichan

Trickster said:
Seriously though, I wish I could go as well, just be sure to get a lot of pictures for us :)
I promise you, I WILL! (with videos too!)
Trickster said:
wasn't that hazaro?
zlatko said:
Marine.gif in red running was Hazaro I believe.
Oh, that's right! Where has he been lately?

Yoshichan said:
OH MY FUCKING GOD, I WOKE UP TO THIS NEWS!

I'M GONNA MEET FOXER, I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE IT ;_;

DHS 2011 &#9829; &#9829; &#9829;

You'll get to cry with him in person when he loses!

j/k I luv MKP 2 :D

But yeah, that Dreamhack lineup is looking BOSSSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom