• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

I should be around a bit if you need any help.

Pandaman said:
that match made hair go gray. >_>

ATTACK
I have a roommate that is Bronze and watching him play is an exercise in frustration. His actions are so painfully slow, I want to just rip him out of his chair and sit down to play for him. I usually have to get up and leave his room because I get so stressed watching him play so poorly.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
BigAT said:
I should be around a bit if you need any help.

I have a roommate that is Bronze and watching him play is an exercise in frustration. His actions are so painfully slow, I want to just rip him out of his chair and sit down to play for him. I usually have to get up and leave his room because I get so stressed watching him play so poorly.
Watching my old roommate was funny.

Dude...overlords don't detect...
One base carriers isn't that good...
You don't need 9 rax on one base if you keep building.

jasonng

Awesome Animals said:
Any Zergs on tonight to help me learn the race better?
Since you main Terran, you have been bestowed a gift to never having to learn the troubles and QQs of the Zerg race. Why would you throw that away?

I know the smart move is to stay Terran, but Zerg was fun, and I like learning multiple races, even though it would be smarter to keep playing as one race. Oh well, I want to learn both Terran and Zerg! :)

On today's edition of post shit you found on reddit:

OIunp.jpg

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Awesome Animals said:
I know the smart move is to stay Terran, but Zerg was fun, and I like learning multiple races, even though it would be smarter to keep playing as one race. Oh well, I want to learn both Terran and Zerg! :)

If you're not planning on being #1, I don't see why you wouldnt play all the races!

good luck

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anyone bailing out of the terran camp needs to quit this game. Would you disband the human race for some alien race irl?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pandaman said:
you ever read a mass effect thread?
I'm a ME race discussion-fan ._.

I'd join whatever race Tali is ♥

Yoshichan

Corran Horn said:
I can give you a link if you like that alien snuff.
Nooooooooooo!

Yoshichan

Corran Horn said:
How about probe on drone.
o.o Kind of interested... you got any of that?

No worries Yosh, I'm still terran for ladder purposes
for now >.>
. I ultimately want to be a competent Random player. I enjoy playing as the other races occassionally, but zerg is fun because it requires so much focus, but you can get units so so quickly and then SWARM!!!! It probably helps that I played hover last night and I got to make mass banelings (sorry hover!).

#5 Terran in my division right now, I can almost taste the silver on my tongue! Wait, that's blood...of my enemies!!!

<3

jasonng

It's a
pony
trap!

To be fair ultron, it took well deep into the second OT for alien fantasy discussion to finally appear.

hoverX

Awesome Animals said:
No worries Yosh, I'm still terran for ladder purposes
for now >.>
. I ultimately want to be a competent Random player. I enjoy playing as the other races occassionally, but zerg is fun because it requires so much focus, but you can get units so so quickly and then SWARM!!!! It probably helps that I played hover last night and I got to make mass banelings (sorry hover!).

#5 Terran in my division right now, I can almost taste the silver on my tongue! Wait, that's blood...of my enemies!!!

<3
No problem. It was a real eye opener playing. I've only played Practice league and vs the AI in the past

since I'm a junior memeber, I can't make new threads. I am here to ask you guys a question about Laptop GPUs

I just bought a Lenovo Thinkpad W520, I know it has a Nvidia Quadro 1000M graphic card. but when I check on the Windows Experience Index, Intel HD Graphics is listed as my graphic card instead of Quadro 1000M.

Can someone please explain what is going on here?

alqaab.jpg

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Obviously dude needs to make more pylons and probes in order to improve his wireless signal.

Or yea just 4-gate, it works on everything.

Gvaz

Banned
Ladyboy101 said:
since I'm a junior memeber, I can't make new threads. I am here to ask you guys a question about Laptop GPUs

I just bought a Lenovo Thinkpad W520, I know it has a Nvidia Quadro 1000M graphic card. but when I check on the Windows Experience Index, Intel HD Graphics is listed as my graphic card instead of Quadro 1000M.

Can someone please explain what is going on here?

http://oi52.tinypic.com/alqaab.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]
I have a lenovo W500 (gonna assume the only dif is the gpu and I have a v5700 firegl which is just a rebranded 3650m) and I can barely get 30fps out of SC2 on medium just fyi

I think it was more like 24fps on medium-low last I checked.

edit: lol god damn you have an i7. I only have an c2d. Nevermind then. Just try installing the nvidia drivers for that card.

Jeff-DSA

Is this an aberration, or are you guys seeing some of this too? Look at the top 20 in my league. Only two Terrans in there, and they're not even in the top 15.

top14.jpg

top20.jpg

Also, it feels like the majority of matches I've played lately have been against Zerg. I'm getting few Terran and Protoss opponents. What's with the Zerg love all of a sudden?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Awesome Animals said:
Any Zergs on tonight to help me learn the race better?
Make drones. When stuff is coming to kill you make stuff that is not drone.
Also get every upgrade for every unit.
Pray you have enough gas. Also if you missed injects at any point in time from 2:00-45:00 you can die and it will be your fault.
Corran Horn said:
How about probe on drone.
xn0eD.png

Q8D3vil

Jeff-DSA said:
Is this an aberration, or are you guys seeing some of this too? Look at the top 20 in my league. Only two Terrans in there, and they're not even in the top 15.

Also, it feels like the majority of matches I've played lately have been against Zerg. I'm getting few Terran and Protoss opponents. What's with the Zerg love all of a sudden?
massing muta is good.

Dooraven

Jeff-DSA said:

top14.jpg

top20.jpg

Because the meta game is Zerg favoured right now? It was like this when Protoss was favoured in Jan/Feb/March, a lot of protoss and not many zerg/terran. It was like this when Terran was favoured in Oct/Nov/Dec.

Q8D3vil

mescalineeyes said:
So is not applying any pressure whatsoever for the first 15 minutes of the game. ;) <3
i'm not speaking about that game, i'm speaking of what usually happen to me in the ladder.

even when zerg see mass thor they go mass muta herp derp.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Q8D3vil said:
i'm not speaking about that game, i'm speaking of what usually happen to me in the ladder.

even when zerg see mass thor they go mass muta herp derp.
welcome to lowbie diamonds, collect free win and move along.

mcrae

lets say my enemy is going mass thor, he has 10, 4 of which have red health and 6 with green health. would i want to mind control the full health ones, or the low health ones? and why? do units automatically attack their brothers when they are mind controlled? (do they attack the mind controlled unit?)

Yoshichan

TvT truly sucks

Jeff-DSA

mcrae said:
lets say my enemy is going mass thor, he has 10, 4 of which have red health and 6 with green health. would i want to mind control the full health ones, or the low health ones? and why? do units automatically attack their brothers when they are mind controlled? (do they attack the mind controlled unit?)

Mind control the healthy one so that it won't simply get destroyed right away. The weak ones will turn on him, so you want him to do his damage before getting destroyed and he should take out the weaker ones or at least your Zerglings will.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
units do not attack mindcontrolled friendlies.

take the weak ones so you can have an easier clean up after the battle. if he wants to kill his own thors, thats time and damage he spent to lose a thor at only 100 energy cost. still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom