• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aylinato

Keikaku said:
Updated list of participants for the Summer Invitational. If you see your name below and it isn't bolded, let me know if you're still planning on attending. PMs also going out later today.

i am ready to get destroyed

Last time I played SC2 my computer crashed, with signs of a videocard death. When I restarted my computer was in 16bit mode for some reason. Changed it back to 32bit and haven't had any problems, but I've been too scared to try SC2 again lol. I'll try tonight

I also downloaded new drivers so maybe that'll fix things

WedgeX

Banned
Replays from yesterday's "let's train wedge and beat him up!"

Ampere started the night by burrowing banelings on me.

The miracle win by moi against keikaku.

After some coaching by Hazard, I went up against Corran as Zerg.

ACE 1991

So I'm starting by learning the 9 pylon 12 gateway opening... Having a tough time making sense of where to spend minerals after the initial opener however. I assume stalkers and zealots are the bread and butter here?

Keikaku

ACE 1991 said:
So I'm starting by learning the 9 pylon 12 gateway opening... Having a tough time making sense of where to spend minerals after the initial opener however. I assume stalkers and zealots are the bread and butter here?

Yes, but you may want sentries depending on where you want to go or what you see from your opponent. Get on Mumble and I'll be happy to help you out.

a176

Banned
ACE 1991 said:

just remember

4 stalkers + pylon = 600 minerals

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

ponygaf is ready to befriend the crap out of this tourney!

careksims is an amazing artist, everyone love him. now. or else im 6pooling all of you

IceMarker

I gotta thank Keikaku for kicking my ass and getting this tourney finally started. Be glad to help in any way I can. The first post of the tourney thread of course being a given.

WedgeX

Banned
Things we have learned from pre-gaf night:

Mumble will refuse to scout for you if you tell them you don't want any commentary.
Holden refuses to scout.
Metalopolis is a good sociological study.
AwesomeAnimals wants to get his masters in Xenobiology. And do his internship on karaks research. A mating ritual research position, if possible.

WedgeX

Banned
240px-Great_Salt_Lake_ISS_2003.jpg

WedgeX said:

Mumble will refuse to scout for you if you tell them you don't want any commentary.
Holden refuses to scout.
AwesomeAnimals wants to get his masters in Xenobiology. And do his internship on karaks research. A mating ritual research position, if possible.

Oddly enough, my dissertation for my PhD in Microbiology is development of fictional organisms.

Holden

WedgeX said:

Holden refuses to scout.

ya i refused to scout, but i know what happend every game i played today.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Horsemama1956 said:
I know this sounds stupid, but get some ghosts and some nukes. I don't have the replays, and I'm not at the same level as you but if you engage him enough so he goes into siege mode nuke his base and his tanks. He'll obviously be more concerned about his base and when he moves his tanks pick them off. Just keep doing it. Then he'll be contained.

You can use the nukes defensively too. Just set the nuke infront of his tanks to stay out of range. He won't be able to get in on the ghosts because of your tanks.
Wow haha, completely forgot about nukes in TvT... thanks!

zlatko

Banned
So, thanks to DreamHack I went and downloaded League of Legends just to see what the fuss is about.

:( Turns out it's a lot of fun. Today was the first day I jumped onto SC2 in probably a month.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
zlatko said:
So, thanks to DreamHack I went and downloaded League of Legends just to see what the fuss is about
Wow, I was waiting for someone to say this so that I could show up and say the same thing ._. It truly shows how much of an advertisement DH was. I do play/watch SC2 4-5 hours per day still though. LoL is fun but I suck ass at it.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
zlatko said:
So, thanks to DreamHack I went and downloaded League of Legends just to see what the fuss is about.

:( Turns out it's a lot of fun. Today was the first day I jumped onto SC2 in probably a month.
Pfft all the cool kids play HoN

Zen

Banned
I play both, StarCraft is my main hobby, but I play League a handful of times over a by weekly basis. I find League to be a very relaxing game compared to StarCraft, which is far more of 'welcome to the jungle/you're going to die'.

zlatko

Banned
Corran Horn said:
Pfft all the cool kids play HoN

I tried the free trial for it and didn't like it. The heroes were meh, and it's lack of tutorial in game was a bit of a turn off for me.

League of Legends, even though it has much shittier graphics, is much more approachable for someone who isn't familiar to DOTA like myself. Plus, why pay 30 bucks when I can just play LoL for free? :D

I had a game today where I went 19 and 2 in LoL. Totally wrecked shit and it was only my second day playing. I played Twisted Fate in that.

<3 SC2 as a spectator sport, but I came to the conclusion that in order to get better at SC2 I have to carve out a LARGE amount of my free time to advance. I feel for my schedule I'd have to drop every other game I play, and ignore any future releases I'm interested in to stay focused. A part of me would like to do that and get into Masters, but the other part of me and the louder voice is that I LOVE videogames and missing out on hot stuff throughout the year like UC3, Dark Souls, Skyrim, Deus Ex, Witcher 2, etc etc is something I don't want to do.

Wish I had played BW over the years before SC2 came out so I could have had natural skills to take over to SC2 and probably be in Diamond, but this is my first RTS, and I'm a sore as fuck loser and someone who doesn't like to half ass things, so playing SC2 casually probably isn't something my ego would let me do. :p

Yoshichan

zlatko said:
Wish I had played BW over the years before SC2 came out so I could have had natural skills to take over to SC2 and probably be in Diamond, but this is my first RTS, and I'm a sore as fuck loser and someone who doesn't like to half ass things, so playing SC2 casually probably isn't something my ego would let me do. :p
I know lots of people where SC2's been their first RTS and they're Masters ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom