• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yoshichan said:
And theeeeeeeeere's my first hit on this keyboard.

Fucking TvT sucks so much dick it's not even funny.

TvT should be called SvS, siege tanks vs siege tanks. Who wins? THE ONE WITH MOST FACTORIES, OFC!

I was dropping all over the place as if I was Bomber to abuse his immobility... do you think he gives a shit? A click 50 siege tanks into my expos, gg

piece of shit game, I'm off to BW. You know, the game that actually REQUIRES skill?
Dude if he is attacking with that many seige tanks you can easily counter drop with a large force and deal the same damage.

smh

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hazaro said:
Dude if he is attacking with that many seige tanks you can easily counter drop with a large force and deal the same damage.

smh
No. If he'd base trade he'd win. Also he'll win if I decide to drop my whole army (he's got siege tanks defending home too)

Trickster

Yoshichan said:
No. If he'd base trade he'd win. Also he'll win if I decide to drop my whole army (he's got siege tanks defending home too)

What about mass banshee? If he's as heavily invested in pure tank as you say, wouldn't it be pretty potent to get a big ass banshee fleet and fuck shit up?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yoshichan said:
Sometimes you have to drop when there are scourge.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Trickster said:
What about mass banshee? If he's as heavily invested in pure tank as you say, wouldn't it be pretty potent to get a big ass banshee fleet and fuck shit up?
lol, I feel like uploading the replay because that's actually exactly what I did (got around 7-8 banshees). Vikings + ravens ruined my day though (that's when I switched to medivacs).
Hazaro said:
Sometimes you have to drop when there are scourge.
What does this mean?

V_Arnold

Yoshichan said:
lol, I feel like uploading the replay because that's actually exactly what I did (got around 7-8 banshees). Vikings + ravens ruined my day though (that's when I switched to medivacs).

What does this mean?

Sounds like hes macro was better if he was able to mass sieges AND counter your tech choice at the same time. What did you invest in, marines?

Yoshichan

V_Arnold said:
Sounds like hes macro was better if he was able to mass sieges AND counter your tech choice at the same time. What did you invest in, marines?
Yep. I got the upgrades with more marines. Siege tanks and banshees, then switched to medivacs.

But seriously, 5 factories pumping out siege tanks constantly... they were _everywhere_.

edit: but seriously, Im not salty about it anymore. 8:1 ratio today anyway

Trickster

Yoshichan said:
Yep. I got the upgrades with more marines. Siege tanks and banshees, then switched to medivacs.

But seriously, 5 factories pumping out siege tanks constantly... they were _everywhere_.

I always got the impression that in TvT, if you go bio vs tanks, it needs to be marauders, marines just die to easily from siege shots.

I don't play terran so I'm probably wrong.

Nice win ratio for the day though, must be one hell of a keyboard.

Yoshichan

Trickster said:
I always got the impression that in TvT, if you go bio vs tanks, it needs to be marauders, marines just die to easily from siege shots.

You're almost right. Marauders is an ok investment but if he decides to go mass marines with those siege tanks, marauders will get slaughtered. Drop and/or banshee harassment is the way to go.
Trickster said:
I love my keyboard. Too bad no one can stand 20 yards from me when I play because of the sound it makes ._.

Also, I need to upload my pictures from Dreamhack

Q8D3vil

Trickster said:

tanks marauders are viable against siege tanks hellions, not so much against marine tanks.

Keikaku

ATTENTION SC2-GAF
If you are signed up for the Summer Invitational Tournament, I need you to re-confirm your participation.I want to begin games this Saturday so, if your name is on the list below, please post in this thread AND/OR the tourney registration thread to confirm that you are still attending. If you are an invite to the tourney I will be PM'ing you but, in case you see this post beforehand, help me out.

Invitational Players
  • Trasher
  • Chanstaa
  • Aylinato
  • Striek
    [*]Corran Horn
  • Ultron87
  • Vaporak
  • Hazaro
    [*]Jasonng
    [*]Elcheris
  • Slavik81
    [*]Spl1nter
    [*]Pandaman
  • BigAT
  • Paz
  • Vautrin

Registered Players
  • Wedge7
  • Xenien
  • SteveWinwood
  • Lathentar
  • MisterAnderson
    [*]Q8D3vil
  • MrStroke
  • Forgotten_Taco
    [*]AdventureRacing
  • 867-5309
    [*]Hugoboss
  • MescalineEyes
  • Dynamic3
  • ShallNoiseUpon
  • Twosocks
  • Vasperknight
  • Terproerg
  • Pankaks
  • Ultrabum

NeoGAF 2011 Starcraft II Summer Invitational [REGISTRATION THREAD]

EDIT: Bolded are people who have responded, either on Mumble or through the forum. Thanks to everyone who responds!

Paz

If you can tell me the schedule I can confirm/deny participation, it can be very hard to play at certain times in australia.

Keikaku

Paz said:
If you can tell me the schedule I can confirm/deny participation, it can be very hard to play at certain times in australia.

I'll work out the brackets tomorrow and then I'll get in touch with you and your opponent to work out an appropriate time for the both of you.

ACE 1991

Newbie here! So what's the best/most productive way to practice build orders? Lastly, I have an unrelated question. Do you guys think the average, semi-serious SC2 player (the one who keeps up to date on the pro scene and watches streams as well as plays consistently every week) had much SC 1 experience?

ACE 1991 said:
Newbie here! So what's the best/most productive way to practice build orders? Lastly, I have an unrelated question. Do you guys think the average, semi-serious SC2 player (the one who keeps up to date on the pro scene and watches streams as well as plays consistently every week) had much SC 1 experience?

Your Starcraft: Brood War knowledge is irrelevant to learning Starcraft II. Familiarity is the only potential benefit, but even that isn't a gamechanger.

The best way to learn the game is to get mumble and get in the NeoGAF channel (You are on the NA servers right), and we have plenty of active players who are willing to help. Also, the YABOT map helps specifically in learning build orders. It wouldn't hurt to check out teamliquid.net and the liquipedia there as well.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ACE 1991 said:
Play ladder / custom.
Extremely little if anything at all.

Yoshichan

ACE 1991 said:
Start finding SC2 friends... when I was drunk, I randomly went inside Burger King and asked the people at the counter if any of them played SC2. Got two Bnet friends from that, good toss-practice buddies.

Q8D3vil

Yoshichan said:
Start finding SC2 friends... when I was drunk, I randomly went inside Burger King and asked the people at the counter if any of them played SC2. Got two Bnet friends from that, good toss-practice buddies.
you never fail to surprise me.

Yoshichan

Q8D3vil said:
you never fail to surprise me.
trust me, it's not as bad as it sounds... Sweden, the country of hardcore.

Yoshichan said:
lol thats aweaome

Yoshichan

pieatorium said:
lol thats aweaome
Remember how I got an awesome job by talking about SC2 to the guy who was interviewing me? You gotta do what you're best at, and you'll succeed~

Heck, I almost got laid once by talking SC2 for 4 hours straight during new years eve. Nothing happened though, we're just buddies now but I turned her into a Foxer fanboy ♥

Q8D3vil

Yoshichan said:
Remember how I got an awesome job by talking about SC2 to the guy who was interviewing me? You gotta do what you're best at, and you'll succeed~

Heck, I almost got laid once by talking SC2 for 4 hours straight during new years eve. Nothing happened though, we're just buddies now but I turned her into a Foxer fanboy ♥
i thought you didn't like women, i'm so confused. @_@

Yoshichan

Q8D3vil said:
i thought you didn't like women, i'm so confused. @_@
._____. is that the impression you got on me?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yoshi I'm buying a mechanical keyboard so when you break yours send me the parts so I can have some extra caps and such.

Yoshichan

I'll just leave it as it is right now... I like women though.
HolyCheck said:
he got friendzoned lol
This is kind of fine though :) She and I will probably go to DH when Foxer decides to come.
Hazaro said:
Yoshi I'm buying a mechanical keyboard so when you break yours send me the parts so I can have some extra caps and such.
BUY IT! Loving it so much right now ♥

Q8D3vil

mescalineeyes said:
imagine how much time you'll be spending on it and how much other bullshit you probably spend your money on.
worth every penny.
yeah, i'm totally buying one after buying a new headset

Yoshichan said:

I know this sounds stupid, but get some ghosts and some nukes. I don't have the replays, and I'm not at the same level as you but if you engage him enough so he goes into siege mode nuke his base and his tanks. He'll obviously be more concerned about his base and when he moves his tanks pick them off. Just keep doing it. Then he'll be contained.

You can use the nukes defensively too. Just set the nuke infront of his tanks to stay out of range. He won't be able to get in on the ghosts because of your tanks.

MisterAnderson said:
Seriously. How the fuck is a toss supposed to defend a Terran all in 6 rax. Fucking retarded. Someone tell me. I scout it, cut probes, drop a ton of gates, get a sentry out, it doesn't matter. sooner or later they get up the ramp and fuck your shit up.
6 Rax? You mean gas-less Marine SCV all-in? Just keep a Stalker near their base so you know it's coming ASAP, and micro your Stalkers all the way back to your main so you get tons of free shots off, then when he gets to your main try to cut a few marines/SCVs off with a single forcefield and kill whatever is at the top of the ramp. Don't make Zealots until most of the SCVs are gone, and don't be afraid to pull half your Probes if you need to, also make sure you target fire any SCVs building a Bunker. You can defend with 3 gates fairly easily. Also, don't get a Forge.

Keikaku

Updated list of participants for the Summer Invitational. If you see your name below and it isn't bolded, let me know if you're still planning on attending. PMs also going out later today.

Keikaku said:
ATTENTION SC2-GAF
If you are signed up for the Summer Invitational Tournament, I need you to re-confirm your participation.I want to begin games this Saturday so, if your name is on the list below, please post in this thread AND/OR the tourney registration thread to confirm that you are still attending. If you are an invite to the tourney I will be PM'ing you but, in case you see this post beforehand, help me out.

Invitational Players
  • Trasher
    [*]Chanstaa
  • Aylinato
  • Striek
    [*]Corran Horn
    [*]Ultron87
  • Vaporak
  • Hazaro
    [*]Jasonng
    [*]Elcheris
  • Slavik81
    [*]Spl1nter
    [*]Pandaman

[*]BigAT
    [*]Paz
  • Vautrin

Registered Players
  • Wedge7
  • Xenien
  • SteveWinwood
  • Lathentar
  • MisterAnderson
    [*]Q8D3vil
  • MrStroke
  • Forgotten_Taco
    [*]AdventureRacing
  • 867-5309
    [*]Hugoboss
    [*]MescalineEyes
  • Dynamic3
  • ShallNoiseUpon
  • Twosocks
  • Vasperknight
  • Terproerg
  • Pankaks
  • Ultrabum

NeoGAF 2011 Starcraft II Summer Invitational [REGISTRATION THREAD]

EDIT: Bolded are people who have responded, either on Mumble or through the forum. Thanks to everyone who responds!

jasonng

Fought a ZvZ in Backwater Gulch on close ground positions so he does a fine honed 6pool against my 14 gas 14 pool opening. I lose and I get pretty upset but I move on. Queued up for ladder after and got matched up with the same guy on Typhoon Peaks. Played a regular macro game (well I was, I have no idea what the hell he was doing) and I wiped the floor with his face.

th_sogood.gif

Ultrabum

I want to play in the tourney, but my schedule sucks... All my weekends are full till the last week of July :(

But if I can play during the week I'm down!

Keikaku

Ultrabum said:
I want to play in the tourney, but my schedule sucks... All my weekends are full till the last week of July :(

But if I can play during the week I'm down!

Yes, you can. I'll be handling the scheduling tomorrow and Thursday. We won't be playing all the games on the weekend and I will have to make some adjustments for people. No worries.

Keikaku

Alright people, tentative 1st round matches are below.

The matchups were done using the method that was originally set up (highest vs. lowest). I will be reaching out to people who have issues with the weekend start date or other needs in general due to location, etc. So far, I know that Paz (ezrarh) and Ultrabum have concerns. PMs going out tomorrow.

Elcheris vs. Forgotten_Taco
Striek vs. 867-5309
Holden vs. Jasonng
Paz vs. Pankaks
Chanstaa vs. Aylinato
Pandaman vs. Vasperknight
Wedge7 vs. ShallNoiseUpon
Moemoland vs. Terproerg
Q8D3vil vs. MisterAnderson
BigAT vs. Hazaro
Xenien vs. Lathentar
MescalineEyes vs. Trasher
Vaporak vs. Ultron87
Vautrin vs. Twosocks
Spl1ter vs. Slavik81
Ultrabum vs. Corran Horn

Additionally, to reduce any potential lag/timeout issues, I would like to make a rule that only the casters and streamer may be in the matches as observers. I don't want people to feel like they were unduly influenced by lag. Everyone else can watch the stream.

MescalineEyes, you said that MrMister forgot about your prize contribution. Please PM me with it if you are still able to donate. Additionally, having a decent prize pool for this tourney like we did for the last one would be awesome so, if you can donate, please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom