• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanhero

Any good custom game recommendations? I took a 5 week vacation so I've missed a lot. I think I remember seeing some kind of coop ghosts game made by a gaffer just before I left. Anyone remember what it was called?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
yanhero said:
Any good custom game recommendations? I took a 5 week vacation so I've missed a lot. I think I remember seeing some kind of coop ghosts game made by a gaffer just before I left. Anyone remember what it was called?

Shadow Assault by MrMister

Super fun, good for 8 people, or you can try with one (which is quite challenging)

The game has been out for a couple of months now, how come there isnt any crazy FPS, or 3rd person shooters or anything crazy like that in the custom games section?! The tools are there for crazier stuff, but im not seeing anything up...

farnham

Banned
momolicious said:
The game has been out for a couple of months now, how come there isnt any crazy FPS, or 3rd person shooters or anything crazy like that in the custom games section?! The tools are there for crazier stuff, but im not seeing anything up...
these kind of things happen over time

there are some neat little usemap applications outside of the traditional TD, DOTA, marine arena or nexuswars stuff. the best ive seen is probably card wars

HolyCheck

momolicious said:

There actually are a few :) they're just not super popular.

p.s. Nazguls post has been deleted, it seems TLO is going ZERG

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
When am I going to move up to Silver? I'm ranked 18 in my bronze pool. The last 8 games or so were against silvers, and I won all of them. I had a few games against golds some days ago, all of which I also won. The only games I'm losing seem to be the "Too good for bronze, just grinding to get to silver" players like myself :/ That probably brings me down.

glddrgn

ProudClod said:
When am I going to move up to Silver? I'm ranked 18 in my bronze pool. The last 8 games or so were against silvers, and I won all of them. I had a few games against golds some days ago, all of which I also won. The only games I'm losing seem to be the "Too good for bronze, just grinding to get to silver" players like myself :/ That probably brings me down.

Don't worry, if you keep winning/losing like you are now, you will promote. I was in the same situation and it took a while for me too... maybe 30 games after joining Bronze. Too many if you ask me.

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
glddrgn said:
Don't worry, if you keep winning/losing like you are now, you will promote. I was in the same situation and it took a while for me too... maybe 30 games after joining Bronze. Too many if you ask me.

I've had 90+ games.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
it doesn't take 30 games to uprank a division. i went from silver to diamond in about 30 games.

you just have to keep winning, there's no real way to tell how good your opponents are unless your MMR has you skipping whole leagues to find matchups.

V_Arnold

I am really thinking about switching back to Protoss.
Reason is simple: I will NEVER enjoy ZVZ, and I do not want to play that shit even one more time. Never.

zoukka

V_Arnold said:
I am really thinking about switching back to Protoss.
Reason is simple: I will NEVER enjoy ZVZ, and I do not want to play that shit even one more time. Never.

Isn't PvP like almost as bad :b

Vaporak

zoukka said:

Shit's even worse in PvP, it's easily the cheesiest matchup all the way up to the top. At least in ZvZ 6pool isn't considered a standard play like 2gate proxy or korean 4gate is in PvP. :/

V_Arnold

zoukka said:

No, nothing like it. The rush to either Banelings or Spire can totally hard-counter any traditional Zerg build I choose to, but a Void Ray rush does nothing to a protoss when he can summon nice stalkers and can use guardian shield also. PVP might be sometimes rush to Colossus, but that does not put a huge early pressure on me unlike ZVZ where you have to worry about 6pools, then the 5rr, then the baneling+zling swarm, then the Spire rush...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Vaporak said:
Shit's even worse in PvP, it's easily the cheesiest matchup all the way up to the top. At least in ZvZ 6pool isn't considered a standard play like 2gate proxy or korean 4gate is in PvP. :/
no. pvp is a dream compared to zvz.
i play zvzs and when i see a pvp im happy because the matchup is so much more dynamic.

zvz's dont even last long enough for builds like 4gates.
7pool crawler
10pool11gas bane

end games at speeds fast enough to make proxy 2gating blush. there are no emergency wallloffs and no defense and they come at speeds faster than the standard 9scout can respond with. you either have what you need or you dont.

if you do, enter 25minutes of speedling versus speedling and baneling micro because roaches get crushed by spine crawler/ling and are too slow to effectively block speedling counterattacks. if you're behind, your only hope is to tech lair unnoticed and you can never expand without falling massively behind.

its just long, slow and painful trading of 50food armies until someone mines out because they ate one baneling too many.

whats worse, 7pool crawler and 10pool11gas are so popular that you'll get strangled in the metagame if you choose to play defense and end up versus an econ build.

2gate and 4gate? i laugh. thats a stale ladder, not a bad ladder.

Raiden

Banned
Hi guys, i have been meaning to get back into SC2, is there like a website with great tips and build orders? The game is murder if you dont have any experience in these games whatsoever.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Raiden said:
Hi guys, i have been meaning to get back into SC2, is there like a website with great tips and build orders? The game is murder if you dont have any experience in these games whatsoever.

Just play against the AI, against your friends, and do some laddering.

And when you understand the basics, learn from the master:

http://day9tv.blip.tv/

Try looking for the Silver/Gold level replays and analysis.

f0rk

V_Arnold said:
No, nothing like it. The rush to either Banelings or Spire can totally hard-counter any traditional Zerg build I choose to, but a Void Ray rush does nothing to a protoss when he can summon nice stalkers and can use guardian shield also. PVP might be sometimes rush to Colossus, but that does not put a huge early pressure on me unlike ZVZ where you have to worry about 6pools, then the 5rr, then the baneling+zling swarm, then the Spire rush...

I think roaches into infestor/roach/hydra does best against banelings and mutalisks. I was under the impression rushing mutas was old news now.
Have no answer to the crawler cheese pandaman is talking about though.

IceMarker

jesus

Fucking.

CHRIST

I fucking hate the Matchmaking in teams.

Then again I think I'm just playing horrible lately.

Either way, the rage I am feeling is immense to the point where my eyes are watering with tears of rage and disappointment. This is too fucking brutal, yet I press on.

The fact that I'm in Silver league also makes it the fact that I get matched with FUCKING NOOBS ALL THE FUCKING GODDAMN TIME.

UGH Every fucking game is void rays or T1 rushes

This is why I'd rather stick to mapmaking where assholes don't beat me or I get teamed up with assholes who rush to void ray or think I'm gonna save you from a 6 pool rush with a single marine.

MrMister said:

What size game are you playing? I think if you want to play games which aren't so much like that you should stick to 2v2. Any larger than that and well you might as well get used to that sort of match.

Pikelet

Won said:
If you guys want fun in a mirror match, you have to pick Terran. You guys know that!
Agreed. not only is standard play viable but blue flame hellion drops and fast banshee builds are very fun to utilize.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
MrMister said:
jesus

Fucking.

CHRIST

I fucking hate the Matchmaking in teams.

Then again I think I'm just playing horrible lately.

Either way, the rage I am feeling is immense to the point where my eyes are watering with tears of rage and disappointment. This is too fucking brutal, yet I press on.

The fact that I'm in Silver league also makes it the fact that I get matched with FUCKING NOOBS ALL THE FUCKING GODDAMN TIME.

This is why I'd rather stick to mapmaking where assholes don't beat me or I get teamed up with assholes who rush to void ray or think I'm gonna save you from a 6 pool rush with a single marine.
Play with bros or stick to 1v1.
Won said:
If you guys want fun in a mirror match, you have to pick Terran. You guys know that!
Not fun :[

I'd prefer a microfest 10 minute game vs air dominance, banshee, and drop shenanigans.

IceMarker

AdventureRacing said:
What size game are you playing? I think if you want to play games which aren't so much like that you should stick to 2v2. Any larger than that and well you might as well get used to that sort of match.
That's the problem, I'm in 2v2.

HolyCheck

NIN90 said:
oh god I love cella.

"If you guys keep talking about wella, I'm gonna drink more alcohol."

I sense another night of falling asleep at his computer

Edit: It's ok guys! he bought a corkscrew

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Slavik81 said:
Didn't he go back and forth between Zerg and Terran before anyways?
He was random but his poor protoss play made him choose terran. I miss when he would do crazy stuff, but oh well he is earning a check now.

ProudClod said:
I'm having the same problem, just with me being in Gold right now. I'm 70-58 and I don't get promoted. What's funny is that a friend of mine who plays a lot less 1v1's and started out in Silver (like me) got promoted to Platinum after like 10 games in Gold.

zoukka said:
I think it's not that great. Just watched Dimaga destroy TLO. I'm curious to see him play other races tho.
Actually back when he was random his Zerg was the most entertaining of all 3 so I'm kinda excited to see what comes out of this.

theluma

close to the edge said:
I'm having the same problem, just with me being in Gold right now. I'm 70-58 and I don't get promoted. What's funny is that a friend of mine who plays a lot less 1v1's and started out in Silver (like me) got promoted to Platinum after like 10 games in Gold.

The ladder system is awfully spastic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom