• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMarker

Well even though I had a bad night with Ladder, it ended on a good note, considering the Matchmaking wants you at 50% W/L ratio, the last several matches I played were easy/winnable. All is well with the world.

I have a bad temper. ._.

evangd007

ProudClod said:
When am I going to move up to Silver? I'm ranked 18 in my bronze pool. The last 8 games or so were against silvers, and I won all of them. I had a few games against golds some days ago, all of which I also won. The only games I'm losing seem to be the "Too good for bronze, just grinding to get to silver" players like myself :/ That probably brings me down.

Those losses are probably confusing the system. Either that or you were playing bad silvers and golds in their "demotion match." If you are beating golds rather consistently, you will probably go straight to gold and skip silver. That's what happened to me. It occurred after I started playing against golds and plats and consistently beating the golds and losing to the plats.

farnham

Banned
Technosteve said:
jason lee was horrible super Daniel man should of subed
Syth_Blade22 said:
477_son_i_am_disappoint.gif
Zzoram said:
Don't forget TLO officially switching to Zerg.
oh yeah that too..

although that didnt go all that well at blizzcon did it

Darklord

Banned
I started watching a replay of mine for the first time. Is there a way to remove the entire fog and view the whole map while watching?

Concept17

Technosteve said:
jason lee was horrible super Daniel man should of subed

Jason Lee is not a good SC2 commentator. I don't know if hes knowledgeable in something else, but SC2 is certainly not his calling. He simply doesn't know/understand the game well enough. He just has that commentator voice.

Can't wait for Tastosis to be back on (I assume) Monday.

MrMister said:
Well even though I had a bad night with Ladder, it ended on a good note, considering the Matchmaking wants you at 50% W/L ratio, the last several matches I played were easy/winnable. All is well with the world.

I have a bad temper. ._.

Y'know I'm fairly certain I played against you a couple times in a 3v3. Assuming you play under the same name. I think we won both times, and I believe your teammates sucked. :lol

Would have to look back through history to see for sure.

Prezhulio

had a terran build a bunch of supply depots across the map, hover 6 bases in space (had no air support at the time) for the second time on ladder just now. i play MAYBE three hours a week, i'm already terrible at it and i've run into this twice where it extended the match by 20 minutes of search and destroy. so, so lame.

Zzoram

What did Idra get temp banned for? He gets temp banned almost weekly because he trolls a lot. Teamliquid hands out temp bans more often than even NeoGAF and they're not afraid to temp ban even famous top players like Idra repeatedly.

farnham

Banned
Zzoram said:
What did Idra get temp banned for? He gets temp banned almost weekly because he trolls a lot. Teamliquid hands out temp bans more often than even NeoGAF and they're not afraid to temp ban even famous top players like Idra repeatedly.
he made comments about the werra sex scandal

something like

yeah all werra players are probably gay and attack other people or something in that line...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
farnham said:
he made comments about the werra sex scandal

something like

yeah all werra players are probably gay and attack other people or something in that line...

... Nothing like that.

he said, and I quote.

damn
them all wearing the werra tag was a good way to know when you were gonna get allin'd

Zzoram

To be fair, WeRRa players did all-in a lot more than normal. However, in the context of that thread, people probably thought the "allin'd" could've been a pun.

Zzoram said:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163268&currentpage=12#239

damn
them all wearing the werra tag was a good way to know when you were gonna get allin'd

*edit* beaten like fruitdealer's opponents

HolyCheck

That's an SC1 team though, I don't know how that worked, or if he is there if he's able to get out weekly to head to the gom studios at mokdong

Haunted

In the last three matches I've seen Zerg TLO, he got manhandled hard. Hopefully he can improve and get back to his Terran level he had at the end of the beta/retail release.

farnham said:
i thought he meant something else with all-in

why would he be banned if it means literally all in
Because TL mods aren't the brightest bulbs? Could've been easily misunderstood in the context of the thread.

Who knows if Idra was being honest or cheeky. In the end it doesn't matter anyway.

edit: re-reading this post, even that could've been misinterpreted as a werra pun :/

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ashhong said:
I dont even understand the idra comment lol
idra has previously said that he thinks werra clan is bad because they one base all in alot.
now that they've disbanded, he wont be able to prepare for those allins off of seeing the werra tag.
basically, he's more worried about getting cheesed on the ladder than he is about the sex scandal. its a toss up if he meant it as a joke or not.

I doubt it was any kind of double meaning, Tasteless and Artosis have both said pretty much the same thing (that WeRRa guys are prone to one base allins) on the GOM stream.

HolyCheck

Pandaman said:
idra has previously said that he thinks werra clan is bad because they one base all in alot.
now that they've disbanded, he wont be able to prepare for those allins off of seeing the werra tag.
basically, he's more worried about getting cheesed on the ladder than he is about the sex scandal. its a toss up if he meant it as a joke or not.

This is how I looked at it right away, and was shocked he hadn't been banned yet.

He has enough places to go whine about all in's, leave that thread for discussion of the situation.. not oh noez now i have to play better.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
wew.

i accidently took marauder medivac as a joke and almost got facerolled b 15 marauders and 6 medivacs. the guy put himself between my 4bases and hunted down all my forces as they were regrouping was kinda tense for a few minutes but then my ultralisk cavern finished and i spawned 8 of them just as my natural fell.

cant afford to rest easy like that ingame.

Ashhong

Pandaman said:

Oh okay, i get it now. I dont know anything about the sex scandal (which sounds hilarious for a SC clan of guys) or that they disbanded. will google that scandal now :lol

edit: dang, thats not so hilarious if true. how creepy

AcridMeat

Banned
Just had my first taste of Funday Monday, 3v3 mass 1 unit. I wasn't planning on it but once I saw Funday I shouted banshees. Worked surprisingly well. :D

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Got home today from BlizzCon. Overall a fun event. Wish they did the SC2 Tourny alot better for the folks that were there though.

also...
ZERG ATTACKKK
33470_450478394938_507684938_5368923_3580434_n.jpg

MrMister said:
That's the problem, I'm in 2v2.

In 2v2 you can counter tier 1 rushes effectively. It certainly isn't the same as the huge wave of tier 1 units you get faced with in 3v3 and 4v4.

If you want matches that involve more than tier 1 rushes or fast tech to voids etc than you should stay away form 3v3 and 4v4.

MrMister said:

hmm this says you have ony done 4 2v2's and you won 3 of them and judging by the points earned your opponents were favoured as well. Doesn't seem to bad.

As i suspected you are most playing 3v3's. They are definitely fun, but they can be frustrating particularly with randoms. To me 3v3's and 4v4's are more about shits and giggles and if you put yourself into a position to be frustrated it will probably happen.

Aylinato

yea, I was playing some 4v4s today

It was bad, as I would get people who were bronze 1v1 and I would be facing people in diamond/plat because of my MMR. It was rather sad as I'd rush from one side of the map, destroy all the enemies, then run back to the other side to finish the other enemies

Like, my last 4v4 game was me, a plat/diamond lvl player, with only bronze/silver allies, vs gold/plat/diamond 4v4s

Blizzard needs to fix their 4v4 random teams

Also, does anyone else get the feeling when you go onto other sites that there is a lot of complaining about races being OP or UP without actually showing how those units are OP or UP. Like I tried finding one or two threads on B.net and even teamliquid where I could read about people's perceptions about void rays or motherships or archons, and it was a lot of nothingness I read. Especially concerning the void rays, my god, if you let your opponent mass a huge amount of void rays, you deserve to lose. As by the time they get up 1 void ray(if they rushed to get them) your army should be massive enough to just ram their front door

Also, I HATE GOING colosi, my God I want a different mid to late game unit. I know it's amazing unit, but I just hate it so much.

Yeah team games are so screwed up. Sometimes I'd be with 3 plat/diamond guys against 4 silver/gold players and they would be favored. Wut?

If you hate colossus, try high templars. Psi storms are fun. Void rays are hard to mass up and can't really recommend carriers :/

IceMarker

AdventureRacing said:
hmm this says you have ony done 4 2v2's and you won 3 of them and judging by the points earned your opponents were favoured as well. Doesn't seem to bad.
The match history online only shows the last 25 matches played. View my full profile for the lifetime stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom