• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
twofold said:
GomTV use battle.net to play games. I imagine that there is very little lag, however, considering how good Korea's internet infrastructure is.

Idra is playing from the US so lag won't be a problem.
but in the GomTV tourney, they're all in the same place....right? or was that a production trick to make it appear as such?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dreams-Visions said:
but in the GomTV tourney, they're all in the same place....right? or was that a production trick to make it appear as such?
They are all there in Korea, yes.

twofold

Dreams-Visions said:

Yeah. They're all in the same studio. They play through battle.net though because there's no LAN client currently.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Deadman said:
Wonder if they will crack 13k viewers. Pretty impressive going from a few dudes casting from someones house :lol
Day9 and the best NA players on the weekend? I think not. :D
Hoping for HuK vs IdrA.

Deadman

Deadman said:
Huk to win tournament, idra to win super final.

Wooo. 1/2 so far.

I kind of feel there should be a cinematic of Idra emerging from the ground after Huk thinks he has completed the game...

Cerberus said:
Impressive play from HuK this weekend. So much better than his BlizzCon performance.
Toss players learning the value of Sentries. that's the biggest difference in all Protoss players as time has gone along. people have gone from having one or two of them to having 5 or 6 of them per army group.

what new twist am I looking forward to most? more use of Hallucination.

I can't wait.

mcrae

why is gaf getting shout outs? i havent actually heard any of them so i have no context lol. just catching random bits of games between trick or treaters

twofold said:
Yeah. They're all in the same studio. They play through battle.net though because there's no LAN client currently.

The GOMtv tournaments are in Seoul, Korea. And the Korean battlenet servers are in Seoul as well. So not much lag there.

mcrae said:
why is gaf getting shout outs? i havent actually heard any of them so i have no context lol. just catching random bits of games between trick or treaters

Because Starcraft-GAF is the best Starcraft community out there.

But no seriously, it's all just Slasher.

EDIT: I think he just feeds djWheat some info on communities that are active. We got shoutouts at MLG DC as well because of him. Not sure what his exact affiliation is, but he keeps us posted on some tourneys and gives us shoutouts.

mcrae

Pyke Presco said:
Because Slasher is awesome. And because Starcraft-GAF is the best Starcraft community out there.

But no seriously, it's all Slasher.

ok, so is slasher on location doing behind the scenes work or....?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
pieatorium said:
slush creep spread has been pretty poor these last 2 games.
I wasn't watching too much, but I did see HuK having an observer around in at least the first game. Also heavy pressure means that if you pop up a creep tumor it'll just die since the Toss's army is sitting right there. Then you have to drag your queen out or miss an inject, so the constant pressure causes the energy to go to larva instead.
Dreams-Visions said:
Toss players learning the value of Sentries. that's the biggest difference in all Protoss players as time has gone along. people have gone from having one or two of them to having 5 or 6 of them per army group.

what new twist am I looking forward to most? more use of Hallucination.

I can't wait.
More importantly HuK goes Zealot sentry in the beginning and isn't afraid to sac his zealots for a trade. He knows that the early pressure forces lings and HuK gets that sweet, sweet early +1 to have his zealots 2 hit lings. In almsot every game HuK get 6-8 sentries before even making his first stalker and just masses an absurd amount of energy before transitioning into stalkers (if he needs them) to clean up (and survive) then gets his expo and robo.

It's just really really clean PvZ. Can't wait for IdrA to play him, I think HuK will come out on top using this kind of strategy unless IdrA has specifically prepared for this kind of build and aggression.

Mairu

Hazaro said:
It's just really really clean PvZ. Can't wait for IdrA to play him, I think HuK will come out on top using this kind of strategy unless IdrA has specifically prepared for this kind of build and aggression.
I think Idra is gonna take it :D

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
its the kind of build that calls for baneling support, which isnt really standard fair in pvz.

i also think idra will be fine.

Deadman

On battle.net for the gsl: I think gom have some kind of special deal with blizzard, perhaps a server of their own for the tournament to run on. I remember that artosis said during a cast that its imposible to message the players from the outside world because of something special blizzard did for them, so it could be something like this.

On slasher: He works with djwheat to make his various shows.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Mairu said:
I think Idra is gonna take it :D
Hey I'm rooting for IdrA, but this is a hard early game tactic to respond to, especially since IdrA is the more macro player.

Like I said, if he has a solid gameplan for the early game, he'll be fine.

Deadman said:
On battle.net for the gsl: I think gom have some kind of special deal with blizzard, perhaps a server of their own for the tournament to run on. I remember that artosis said during a cast that its imposible to message the players from the outside world because of something special blizzard did for them, so it could be something like this.

On slasher: He works with djwheat to make his various shows.
they set up new battlenet ID's for everyone for each tourney so that noone knows what thier ID is and thus cant message them, at least thats how i remember it being described.

Hazaro said:
More importantly HuK goes Zealot sentry in the beginning and isn't afraid to sac his zealots for a trade. He knows that the early pressure forces lings and HuK gets that sweet, sweet early +1 to have his zealots 2 hit lings. In almsot every game HuK get 6-8 sentries before even making his first stalker and just masses an absurd amount of energy before transitioning into stalkers (if he needs them) to clean up (and survive) then gets his expo and robo.

o i c!

Mairu

pieatorium said:
they set up new battlenet ID's for everyone for each tourney so that noone knows what thier ID is and thus cant message them, at least thats how i remember it being described.
YEP

[16:16:02] mairu in space: I don't think GSL is played on a private server
[16:16:04] mairu in space: in s1 they said
[16:16:06] mairu in space: they played on bnet
[16:16:09] mairu in space: but used special IDs

Too lazy to retype that :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom