• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deadman said:
People have been proposing that everyone starts calling idra "The Gracken". I fully support this.
OaPSV.jpg

@ ^^: TLO pimpin'.

edit: Nice, nearly 15k viewers.

(._.)

Banned
Zzoram said:
They're just name dropping any semi-large community that follows Starcraft for the few people who don't frequent Teamliquid to make them feel included.
Oh, that's pretty cool.

Zzoram

(._.) said:
Oh, that's pretty cool.

NeoGAF's Starcraft 2 community is actually really tiny so it doesn't come up often. There are only maybe two dozen people here that actually care about following the Starcraft 2 scene compared to the 10,000+ people actively viewing Teamliquid right now that are all actively following the Starcraft 2 scene. There are almost 15,000 people tuning in to watch the EG.Idra vs Liquid.Huk showmatch.

Spl1nter

Zzoram said:
NeoGAF's Starcraft 2 community is actually really tiny so it doesn't come up often. There are only maybe two dozen people here that actually care about following the Starcraft 2 scene compared to the 10,000+ people actively viewing Teamliquid right now that are all actively following the Starcraft 2 scene. There are almost 15,000 people tuning in to watch the EG.Idra vs Liquid.Huk showmatch.

There are a lot more lurkers then there are posters.

Ronok said:
Worst thing is it's probably being hammered by 15k people spamming refresh now as well. :(

I'm not spamming refresh. Just pressing it every 5 seconds consistently.

Zzoram

Whenever there is a popular game TL traffic spikes like crazy, but unlike GAF on NPD day it doesn't kill the site. That's impressive since TL's peaks are higher than the NPD peaks I've seen on GAF, and the TL peaks happen a lot more often than once a month. They've gone up to 11,500 viewing up from the ~6000ish from earlier this afternoon because of the Idra vs Huk match that should start when the stream gets fixed.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Looks like the stream is back.

Edit: Nvm.

You shouldn't have to refresh at least. Just leave the window open and the stream will start up automatically.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Zzoram said:
Whenever there is a popular game TL traffic spikes like crazy, but unlike GAF on NPD day it doesn't kill the site. That's impressive since TL's peaks are higher than the NPD peaks I've seen on GAF, and the TL peaks happen a lot more often than once a month.
The code behind TL is fucking amazing.

Would be nice if threads and posting was cleaner though.

Zzoram

Hazaro said:
The code behind TL is fucking amazing.

Would be nice if threads and posting was cleaner though.

TL uses purely custom code. I love the layout of the site. I think they need the quickbar on the left because of how many separate boards they have, GAF only has Gaming and Off-Topic so it's not as difficult to manage navigation. It's also nice that they allow imbedded Youtube in posts.

Over 12,000 viewing on TL now, and the game hasn't even started. I don't think it'll break 13,000 though.

Ronok

Missed game 1, but apparently it was SO amazing. :'( Elimination race with a fucking mothership! FUUUCCCKKK!

Ok wow, I got trolled. FML! :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
There's HuK with 9 goddam sentries before stalkers again.
That's exactly what I was talking about.

With that brutal Stalkers follow up I want to know what IdrA is going to do.
Hazaro said:
More importantly HuK goes Zealot sentry in the beginning and isn't afraid to sac his zealots for a trade. He knows that the early pressure forces lings and HuK gets that sweet, sweet early +1 to have his zealots 2 hit lings. In almsot every game HuK get 6-8 sentries before even making his first stalker and just masses an absurd amount of energy before transitioning into stalkers (if he needs them) to clean up (and survive) then gets his expo and robo.

It's just really really clean PvZ. Can't wait for IdrA to play him, I think HuK will come out on top using this kind of strategy unless IdrA has specifically prepared for this kind of build and aggression.

Holy crap. That was perfect play by HuK and I didn't see any big mistakes by IdrA, amazing timing. I begin to see that you need to kill Zerg before he reaches this critical mass of Mutas.

Zzoram

Idra is going to lose this showmatch. Whoever loses the first game is at a psychological disadvantage and Idra is a player known to tilt easily when shaken.

Good god, that push was like 4 zealots, 2 stalkers and 10 bloody sentries. Completely nerfed all muta damage, lings were barely scratching the armour with triple guardian shields and mass forcefields. So many sentries and they just rocked shit.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pyke Presco said:
Good god, that push was like 4 zealots, 2 stalkers and 10 bloody sentries. Completely nerfed all muta damage, lings were barely scratching the armour with triple guardian shields and mass forcefields. So many sentries and they just rocked shit.
Shield is only for ranged damage.
Lings do full damage, but that is 0 since a zealot 2 hits them and with 900 energy for forcefield they funnel in 1 at a time. Shield reduces muta damage by around 40%, FF traps and funnels roaches,clean up with stalkers.

I want to see 1 base early roach aggression from IdrA to counter it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom