• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

Corran Horn said:
NA
Corran Horn - Corran.456
valenti - Meeru.240
Aylinato - Aylinato.421
Vaporak - Vaporak.756
MrMister - MrMister.430
DaFish - DaFish.574
Pandaman - panda.214
greenry - GreenGenes.945
ultron87 - ultron.242
pieatorium - pieman.380
Ashhong - Ashhong.461

EU
Stevie Gerrard - Malcolm.533
Q8D3vil - devil.691

Quote/Post/Add if you want to be on list.

added

Cru Jones

Hey guys, I am not sure what the rules are around pimping your own site, but I figured you guys would appreciate what I've put together (Hopefully :D )

I started this site a couple of weeks ago called Starcraft II TV http://www.scii.tv

I am still working on some of the features. It is similar to sc2casts.com (fantastic site) but there were a few things I wanted to be able to do on his site that I wasn't able to. First and foremost was being able to favorite games and I hated that I couldn't look up matches by maps.

Other than that, it is a very similar site to SC2casts.com.

Features to add:

I'd like to add community tagging of the matches. Because it is so manual to add matches, I actually watch very few of them :(. If there is a fantastic use of fungal growth it would be great if the community could add a searchable tag.

I want to add streams (eventually), but right now it is just a casted match site.

I want to eventually add amateur tournaments through Challonge, but that probably won't be this year.

I am open to any type of feedback you guys might have.

IF THIS IS AGAINST TOS, PLEASE DON'T BAN ME, JUST LET ME KNOW AND THIS POST WILL BE DELETED

TheExodu5

Banned
Cru Jones said:
Hey guys, I am not sure what the rules are around pimping your own site, but I figured you guys would appreciate what I've put together (Hopefully :D )

I started this site a couple of weeks ago called Starcraft II TV http://www.scii.tv

I am still working on some of the features. It is similar to sc2casts.com (fantastic site) but there were a few things I wanted to be able to do on his site that I wasn't able to. First and foremost was being able to favorite games and I hated that I couldn't look up matches by maps.

Other than that, it is a very similar site to SC2casts.com.

Features to add:

I'd like to add community tagging of the matches. Because it is so manual to add matches, I actually watch very few of them :(. If there is a fantastic use of fungal growth it would be great if the community could add a searchable tag.

I want to add streams (eventually), but right now it is just a casted match site.

I want to eventually add amateur tournaments through Challonge, but that probably won't be this year.

I am open to any type of feedback you guys might have.

IF THIS IS AGAINST TOS, PLEASE DON'T BAN ME, JUST LET ME KNOW AND THIS POST WILL BE DELETED

Pretty cool...I like the idea. IMO, the logo needs work. Really doesn't mesh with the rest of the clean design at all. Something with a white/light-blue would seem more suited.

Cru Jones

TheExodu5 said:
Pretty cool...I like the idea. IMO, the logo needs work. Really doesn't mesh with the rest of the clean design at all. Something with a white/light-blue would seem more suited.

I agree. I attempted the site earlier this year but didn't like the results (didn't really know too much about PHP back then). The logo is from the earlier site and I just brought it over because I was too lazy to make another in photoshop. It is definitely on my list of things to do.

Cru Jones

Corran Horn said:
A mobile site would also be good. Apps are nice but mobile site should be just fine.

Your wish is my command. I need to do a little cleaning up to make it look a bit nicer, but it is fairly functional.

IZZO

Neo Member
Corran Horn said:
NA
Corran Horn - Corran.456
valenti - Meeru.240
Aylinato - Aylinato.421
Vaporak - Vaporak.756
MrMister - MrMister.430
DaFish - DaFish.574
Pandaman - panda.214
greenry - GreenGenes.945
ultron87 - ultron.242
pieatorium - pieman.380
Ashhong - Ashhong.461

EU
Q8D3vil - devil.691
IZZO - TheStrayWolf.490

Added

Corran Horn said:
NA
Corran Horn - Corran.456
valenti - Meeru.240
Aylinato - Aylinato.421
Vaporak - Vaporak.756
MrMister - MrMister.430
DaFish - DaFish.574
Pandaman - panda.214
greenry - GreenGenes.945
ultron87 - ultron.242
pieatorium - pieman.380
PhoenixDark - PhoenixDark.759

EU
Q8D3vil - devil.691

Added

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Upated

NA
Corran Horn - Corran.456
valenti - Meeru.240
Aylinato - Aylinato.421
Vaporak - Vaporak.756
MrMister - MrMister.430
DaFish - DaFish.574
Pandaman - panda.214
greenry - GreenGenes.945
ultron87 - ultron.242
pieatorium - pieman.380
Trin3785 - Trin.525
Ashhong - Ashhong.461

EU
Q8D3vil - devil.691
IZZO - TheStrayWolf.490

IceMarker

dqsrgn.jpg

Voyage 1.4 has been uploaded! A long overdue update to my best Melee map to date! Search "Voyage" when creating a custom game to play!
Changelog said:

-- Changed the center 'rich field area' to feel less claustrophobic
-- Fixed map info related issues
-- Removed debris that blocked the immediate natural expansion
-- Added no fly zones on certain doodads to avoid odd air unit clipping
-- Added many visual effect doodads
Yes, believe it or not, I still have those dear melee maps of mine, (4) Khala Divide and (4) Voyage, still sitting on my account waiting to be played. In fact, the other night a couple GAF members and I played a round on Voyage! The reason for this update is because it needed to be updated on the more glaring flaws and secondly I needed to take a break from SA2, which is getting harder and harder to work on. Anyways, I'll be online for most of tonight, as I also need a break from Black Ops. (Plus I have work tomorrow so I'd like to get in some good SC2 in tonight.)

Also, this is my first Melee map related update in about 2 months. I think I should try and squeeze more melee map time out while working on my fully custom maps.

fanboi

Banned
Corran Horn said:
Upated

NA
Corran Horn - Corran.456
valenti - Meeru.240
Aylinato - Aylinato.421
Vaporak - Vaporak.756
MrMister - MrMister.430
DaFish - DaFish.574
Pandaman - panda.214
greenry - GreenGenes.945
ultron87 - ultron.242
pieatorium - pieman.380
Trin3785 - Trin.525
Ashhong - Ashhong.461

EU
Q8D3vil - devil.691
IZZO - TheStrayWolf.490
fanboi - fanboi.764

Added... Beta all over again!

Slavik81

Man. I'm loving Dark Templar. I got my first win against a Diamond-level player with them.

I was on Jungle Basin, and I was halfway across the map to my opponent's base when I saw a bunch of roaches knocking down the rocks at my backdoor. I rushed back, but it was too late to save the nexus. A couple forcefields and my zealots/stalkers easily cleaned up the roaches though. While this was happening, I was teching to Dark Templar. Fortunately, he didn't get into my main to see my tech.

I started to rebuild my nexus and pushed back out, worried that I'd get behind in the economy game if I just sat there while I rebuilt. As I was clearing out the towers in the center of the map, I brought in 3 Dark Templar (all the gas I could afford off one base). I sent 2 to his main mineral line and 1 to his natural. And thus ended the life of most of his drones. He was going Mutalisk and probably didn't have enough gas to immediately make an observer.

Then a push with my (reinforced) stalker force and game.

I love mixing them into my army, too. So much damage (and they sometimes go unnoticed in the chaos)... Though a gas-heavy army is so vulnerable to ghosts. I hate EMP with a passion. Blocks dark templar, high templar and sentries entirely and totally screws Immortals, Stalkers and... well, just about every single thing in my army.

Nyx

Upated

NA
Corran Horn - Corran.456
valenti - Meeru.240
Aylinato - Aylinato.421
Vaporak - Vaporak.756
MrMister - MrMister.430
DaFish - DaFish.574
Pandaman - panda.214
greenry - GreenGenes.945
ultron87 - ultron.242
pieatorium - pieman.380
Trin3785 - Trin.525
Ashhong - Ashhong.461

EU
Q8D3vil - devil.691
IZZO - TheStrayWolf.490
fanboi - fanboi.764
Nyx - Nyx.670

Added, but keep in mind I'm a beginner. ;)

Slavik81

NA
Corran Horn - Corran.456
valenti - Meeru.240
Aylinato - Aylinato.421
Vaporak - Vaporak.756
MrMister - MrMister.430
DaFish - DaFish.574
Pandaman - panda.214
greenry - GreenGenes.945
ultron87 - ultron.242
pieatorium - pieman.380
Trin3785 - Trin.525
Ashhong - Ashhong.461
Slavik81 - Slavik.414

EU
Q8D3vil - devil.691
IZZO - TheStrayWolf.490
fanboi - fanboi.764
Nyx - Nyx.670

fanboi

Banned
All EU add me up and PM me, since we have this group of players that skype and play... really fun.

PM and Ill hook you up.

#Starcraft2-gaf @ qnet also

fanboi

Banned
Q8D3vil said:
just played against zerg again :(
i think my last 10 ladder matches were tvz
i think i'm beginning to forget tvt and tvp:(

One thing that I saw in one of your games was that you tried going everything ;) try focusing on one type.

You have the macro!

Q8D3vil

One thing that I saw in one of your games was that you tried going everything ;) try focusing on one type.

You have the macro!
i hate tvz because its a very long match and im kinda scared of the zergling + baneling combination early game but when it comes to winning i actually win more ( i think i won 6 and losed 3 in my last 9 or 10 tvz ) because i macro better than the other zerg i play against ( i usually keep up with their expansion early game and manage to pull ahead late game + i always build more production with each expansion i build so i'm ok in general but still afraid of a massive Z+B attack in the begining if the game.

also thanks to some of the advices i got from eu gaf players i changed my early tech decisions and its working out for me. :D

NA
Corran Horn - Corran.456
valenti - Meeru.240
Aylinato - Aylinato.421
Vaporak - Vaporak.756
MrMister - MrMister.430
DaFish - DaFish.574
Pandaman - panda.214
greenry - GreenGenes.945
ultron87 - ultron.242
pieatorium - pieman.380
Trin3785 - Trin.525
Ashhong - Ashhong.461
Slavik81 - Slavik.414

EU
Q8D3vil - devil.691
IZZO - TheStrayWolf.490
fanboi - fanboi.764
Nyx - Nyx.670
close to the edge - SoundChaser.670

NA
Corran Horn - Corran.456
valenti - Meeru.240
Aylinato - Aylinato.421
Vaporak - Vaporak.756
MrMister - MrMister.430
DaFish - DaFish.574
Pandaman - panda.214
greenry - GreenGenes.945
ultron87 - ultron.242
pieatorium - pieman.380
Trin3785 - Trin.525
Ashhong - Ashhong.461
Slavik81 - Slavik.414

EU
Q8D3vil - devil.691
IZZO - TheStrayWolf.490
fanboi - fanboi.764
Nyx - Nyx.670
mescalineeyes - mescalineyes.581

NA
Corran Horn - Corran.456
valenti - Meeru.240
Aylinato - Aylinato.421
Vaporak - Vaporak.756
MrMister - MrMister.430
DaFish - DaFish.574
Pandaman - panda.214
greenry - GreenGenes.945
ultron87 - ultron.242
pieatorium - pieman.380
Trin3785 - Trin.525
Ashhong - Ashhong.461
Slavik81 - Slavik.414
TheRagnCajun - TheRagnCajun.550

EU
Q8D3vil - devil.691
IZZO - TheStrayWolf.490
fanboi - fanboi.764
Nyx - Nyx.670

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
NA
Corran Horn - Corran.456
valenti - Meeru.240
Aylinato - Aylinato.421
Vaporak - Vaporak.756
MrMister - MrMister.430
DaFish - DaFish.574
Pandaman - panda.214
greenry - GreenGenes.945
ultron87 - ultron.242
pieatorium - pieman.380
Trin3785 - Trin.525
Ashhong - Ashhong.461
Slavik81 - Slavik.414

EU
Q8D3vil - devil.691
IZZO - TheStrayWolf.490
fanboi - fanboi.764
Nyx - Nyx.670
Ikuu - Ikuu.746

Haven't played for a while so pretty bad now.

V_Arnold

I am clueless against protoss now. Either the 4-gate push kills me, or the delayed blink-stalker push kills me. I always have 2-3 crawlers to defend, a nearly saturated main base (too scared to expand :( ), 2-3 larva, 1000 mineral, and 100-300 gas left, when I die.

How? With what?

V_Arnold said:
I am clueless against protoss now. Either the 4-gate push kills me, or the delayed blink-stalker push kills me. I always have 2-3 crawlers to defend, a nearly saturated main base (too scared to expand :( ), 2-3 larva, 1000 mineral, and 100-300 gas left, when I die.

How? With what?

against stalkers?
speedlings and roaches off 1 base, push up and scare them a little, then expand.

make sure you spread your creep.

also, scout for a starport at about 26 food so you can avoid the painful as fuck phoenix harass.

twofold

What are you opening against Protoss that has you on one base during the timing window that the four gate hits?

By that time, you really should have an expansion up. One base Zerg isn't terribly strong.

Q8D3vil

fuck u matchmaking for putting me up against another tvz :lol

so he went super ling baneling muta harass on me but i out macro's the shit out of him and kept sniping his expansions with the mighty maruaders until he gg without me even pushing. :lol
and he was slightly favored :D.

twofold said:
What are you opening against Protoss that has you on one base during the timing window that the four gate hits?

By that time, you really should have an expansion up. One base Zerg isn't terribly strong.

well of course you can open 13 hatch or 16 hatch but I feel more comfortable going for an early push with a 13 pool and a 18 roach warren, then massing zerglings until I have 4 roaches (at about 35 food) and then doing a push.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Corran Horn said:
Upated

NA
Corran Horn - Corran.456
valenti - Meeru.240
Aylinato - Aylinato.421
Vaporak - Vaporak.756
MrMister - MrMister.430
DaFish - DaFish.574
Pandaman - panda.214
greenry - GreenGenes.945
ultron87 - ultron.242
pieatorium - pieman.380
Trin3785 - Trin.525
Ashhong - Ashhong.461

EU
Q8D3vil - devil.691
IZZO - TheStrayWolf.490

.. I don't know my own deets.. but some one add me to it.. I'm not normaly online myself, but if I see a gaf night going on I jump on!

NA
Corran Horn - Corran.456
valenti - Meeru.240
Aylinato - Aylinato.421
Vaporak - Vaporak.756
MrMister - MrMister.430
DaFish - DaFish.574
Pandaman - panda.214
greenry - GreenGenes.945
ultron87 - ultron.242
pieatorium - pieman.380
Trin3785 - Trin.525
Ashhong - Ashhong.461
Slavik81 - Slavik.414
Jack Random - JackRandom.744

EU
Q8D3vil - devil.691
IZZO - TheStrayWolf.490
fanboi - fanboi.764
Nyx - Nyx.670
Ikuu - Ikuu.746

ready to be roflstomped!

Q8D3vil said:
fuck u matchmaking for putting me up against another tvz :lol

so he went super ling baneling muta harass on me but i out macro's the shit out of him and kept sniping his expansions with the mighty maruaders until he gg without me even pushing. :lol
and he was slightly favored :D.

Harrasing expansions until ragequit is working really well for me against zerg.

Spl1nter

Jack Random said:
NA
Corran Horn - Corran.456
valenti - Meeru.240
Aylinato - Aylinato.421
Vaporak - Vaporak.756
MrMister - MrMister.430
DaFish - DaFish.574
Pandaman - panda.214
greenry - GreenGenes.945
ultron87 - ultron.242
pieatorium - pieman.380
Trin3785 - Trin.525
Ashhong - Ashhong.461
Slavik81 - Slavik.414
Spl1nter - Splinter.798

EU
Q8D3vil - devil.691
IZZO - TheStrayWolf.490
fanboi - fanboi.764
Nyx - Nyx.670
Ikuu - Ikuu.746

ready to be roflstomped!

Need some people to play with 1v1

YakiSOBA

Added mine to NA list :) How do GAF nights work?

Also, does anyone want to try 2v2 with me (I'm terran). My friend is kind of a jerk and always blames me, even though he calls the plays when we play... getting sick of playing with him. We're silver rank 6 only... I just want someone who's reliable and can point out constructively where I go wrong haha :)

NA
Corran Horn - Corran.456
valenti - Meeru.240
Aylinato - Aylinato.421
Vaporak - Vaporak.756
MrMister - MrMister.430
DaFish - DaFish.574
Pandaman - panda.214
greenry - GreenGenes.945
ultron87 - ultron.242
pieatorium - pieman.380
Trin3785 - Trin.525
Ashhong - Ashhong.461
Slavik81 - Slavik.414
YakiSOBA - dHo.724

EU
Q8D3vil - devil.691
IZZO - TheStrayWolf.490
fanboi - fanboi.764
Nyx - Nyx.670
Ikuu - Ikuu.746

HolyCheck

YakiSOBA said:

Last one I joined in, basically we all go in a chat! then some one will organise a game, and invite everyone in! then we all just spectate, and have a chat, or maybe some 2v2s or something if the night feels right!

twofold

mescalineeyes said:
well of course you can open 13 hatch or 16 hatch but I feel more comfortable going for an early push with a 13 pool and a 18 roach warren, then massing zerglings until I have 4 roaches (at about 35 food) and then doing a push.

I can't say I've had much success with that type of push at all. Gateway units with good forcefield placement easily nullify it, in my experience, putting me behind the Protoss player.

At the moment, I open 14 pool, 16 hatch and then decide what to do from that point depending on what my opponent does. I scout with my 10th drone and go for a 10 OL each time. Basically, this is how I respond -

- Two gate; drop a Roach Warren, leave a Zergling outside their base; gradually drone up, leaving larvae in reserve while keeping an eye out for a Zealot push. If he has chrono saved on his Nexus, pump Roaches asap.
- Two gate with early core; get Speedlings, drop Spine, prepare for Stalker pressure
- One gate, one core - drone up/use spines + roaches for defense. Sacrifice Overlord about 28-30ish to find out what he's going for. If he's going four gate, Roach/Ling with Spines deals well.

I transition into Roach/Hydra with all these builds, pushing for a third and aiming to push out when I hit 2/2 (or 1/1, depending on what's happening in the game) upgrades. It's super safe all round and very adaptable. I also drop a Spire around the time the Hydra Den finishes so that Corruptors can be produced easily if Collosus come out and/or a tech switch to Mutas is possible. It also confuses the Protoss leaving him guessing about what you're trying to do.

I've only played once against Blink Stalkers, but rushing to Hydras while using Roach/Ling to delay seemed to work well.

Against Phoenix openings, I drop a single Spore in both mineral lines and push for early Hydras.

Nyx

twofold said:
At the moment, I open 14 pool, 16 hatch and then decide what to do from that point depending on what my opponent does. I scout with my 10th drone and go for a 10 OL each time. Basically, this is how I respond

Do you have a replay of your tactics ?

twofold

Nyx said:
Do you have a replay of your tactics ?

Not off hand, but I'll try to save some when I ladder later tonight.

I watched about 30 odd Ret ZvP games to arrive on that build, though. I'd download a bunch of his replays and watch them from his pov. I've gotten a lot better since I did that.

IceMarker

YakiSOBA said:
Typically happens on the weekends starting around 4-11pm PST, someone like me will announce here in the thread that are enough people online to warrant a GAF night and then myself or others will invite everyone into a chat and then as SythBlade said we all take turns in 1v1 while others spectate and team games if we feel like it.

You basically either just need to be online on the weekends or watch the thread to participate.

HolyCheck

MrMister said:
Typically happens on the weekends starting around 4-11pm PST, someone like me will announce here in the thread that are enough people online to warrant a GAF night and then myself or others will invite everyone into a chat and then as SythBlade said we all take turns in 1v1 while others spectate and team games if we feel like it.

You basically either just need to be online on the weekends or watch the thread to participate.
shifty-eyed-dog.gif

YakiSOBA

Sweet, looking forward to it! Gonna add everyone on that list tonight when I get home from work :)

Are there any bronze->gold people in there that I can play with, or are ya'll diamond? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom