• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyx

fanboi said:
I just have to let this out:

Gaf Nights (EU) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gaf Nights (US)

Phew, felt good.

I noticed that in your game vs Devil, no one was using the ingame chat (spectators), are you all on mirc or something ? (hope not, I can't switch between programs, it would kill my PC ;) )

fanboi

Banned
Nyx said:
I noticed that in your game vs Devil, no one was using the ingame chat (spectators), are you all on mirc or something ? (hope not, I can't switch between programs, it would kill my PC ;) )

wait, did I play against devil?!

Wasn't that NRN? And they all used Skype :)

EDIT: We are also on mirc

Nyx

fanboi said:

Ah yes I'm sorry, you played someone else. ;)

Skype/mirc, ouch, when I alt tab out of SC and back, it takes ages to load.
I'll try and keep the ingame chat alive then next time.

Nyx said:
Ah yes I'm sorry, you played someone else. ;)

Skype/mirc, ouch, when I alt tab out of SC and back, it takes ages to load.
I'll try and keep the ingame chat alive then next time.

set SC2 to Windowed (Full Screen.)

BAM! your head has just been blown.

Q8D3vil

yeah i played against NRN and i failed miserably :( ( already reworking my tvt into more harass-macro based )

btw, finally the curse is broken, just had a ladder match against another terran.
i wiped him out with my 6 bases against his 2 bases :D
i need to play against toss now.

I was just called a map hacker (repeatedly) because I spotted 3 of my enemy's proxy pylons. Game was on Metalopolis, close distances and he put the first one in my base (he didn't even bother to put it behind the smoke), the second one was at our shared third base (I usually always scout there) and the third one I saw with an overlord. (that was pretty lucky) When I destroyed the third one he wrote "wat" and I stated I saw it with an overlord. Insults and accusations of map hacking followed. :lol

Yoshichan said:
I'm glad the first Platinum game I join, I'm greeted with such fine hospitality!

CJVJA.jpg

Banelingbusted the shit out of this:

JJZR6.jpg

jaciI.jpg

...and continued on slaughtering him.

tFUdR.jpg

I'm in bronze and I know how to wall in better than that.

valenti gave me a good beatdown yesterday. I lost count of how many barracks he had by the end. I tried muta harass to zergling/baneling/infestor, but I never was allowed to get an expansion up so I wasn't confident enough to make the infestor switch. I ended up screwing up badly by moving all my units right into his Planetary Fortress instead of just ignoring it and fighting his units, and he crushed me with 50 marines/marauders. Even if I hadn't lost all my units to the PF, he still would have beaten the crap out of me anyway since he did a good job of stopping me from expanding.

LakeEarth

close to the edge said:
I was just called a map hacker (repeatedly) because I spotted 3 of my enemy's proxy pylons. Game was on Metalopolis, close distances and he put the first one in my base (he didn't even bother to put it behind the smoke), the second one was at our shared third base (I usually always scout there) and the third one I saw with an overlord. (that was pretty lucky) When I destroyed the third one he wrote "wat" and I stated I saw it with an overlord. Insults and accusations of map hacking followed. :lol
Must be a nice feeling, you're so good people think you must be cheating. Hasn't happened to me yet, but if it does just tell them to re-watch the replay and it should be obvious if you are hacking or not.

Today I had a guy tell me to "use a when you move don't just click! they don't fire when you click" as I micro around and kill his whole army with like 5 conc mauraders :lol

LakeEarth said:
Must be a nice feeling, you're so good people think you must be cheating. Hasn't happened to me yet, but if it does just tell them to re-watch the replay and it should be obvious if you are hacking or not.
I'm not really good, I'm in Platinum and I lose a ton right now. Before I got promoted and I was in Gold, I always had about 10-15 more wins than losses but since I was promoted I've been losing a lot.
Just now I lost to a Terran REALLY convincingly, Hellion harassment killed way too many drones, then killed all my overlords with Vikings. My opponents are usually either really passive or just attack the front with their stuff, but I rarely have to defend against harassment like that, that's something I have to get used to I guess.

edit: I think the guy was just being a sore loser, tbh. Even continued to insult me in chat after the game was finished.

Deadman

Up above 50% wins, yay. Didnt lose once tonight, felt great. Kept getting up on 4/5 bases and completely crushing.

I humbly bow to the hydralisk, which played a huge part in all my games. I love that its so easy to predict void rays from protoss and then completely dominate them.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm just playing some Black Ops. I can hop on if you guys wanna start.

exodus.377

Is there an up to date player list somewhere for GAF?

Q8D3vil

I am so happy :) worked my ass off for this -- coming from Bronze in the Beta (never copper though! )
congrats man.
gonna try to playing today to get the promotion.
edit: first match
SC2_2010-11-20_08-13-42-11.jpg

platinum terran player six pooling, maybe he was drunk.

Slavik81

Whoa. I just played the same guy twice in a row. Some Random.

I lost the first due to my bad forcefields and a little bad luck. We base traded on with roughly equal armies, but at the end of the game, he had one pylon to my 0.

Fortunately, I beat him back in the second game. I managed to get an economy-crippling attack in early, while I was putting my expansion up. He held it off, but lost 10 scvs. Then I pushed through his seige/wall-in with blink for more damage (though at a cost). Unfortunately, at that point he got too many seige tanks and too many missile turrets for me to really attack. But a turtling Terran will eventually die in his base.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Slavik81 said:
Whoa. I just played the same guy twice in a row. Some Random.

I lost the first due to my bad forcefields and a little bad luck. We base traded on with roughly equal armies, but at the end of the game, he had one pylon to my 0.

Fortunately, I beat him back in the second game. I managed to get an economy-crippling attack in early, while I was putting my expansion up. He held it off, but lost 10 scvs. Then I pushed through his seige/wall-in with blink for more damage (though at a cost). Unfortunately, at that point he got too many seige tanks and too many missile turrets for me to really attack. But a turtling Terran will eventually die in his base.
Well if b.net sees two players of similar rank searching for a game at the exact same time...

Also with blink stalkers (I don't know if you did this) a good tactic is to pop in with some blink stalkers into the main (enough to force tanks to pull back) then hit the front (with your rest) and regroup (blink out, join main). T is mainly out of position / down a stim / and you should have lost a minimal amount of units. Plus it keeps them on edge :p

One thing I see people not do (and it is hard) is to constantly use their units at all times.
Zergs with mutas are especially guilty of this. You should be able to attack nearly 100% of the time with them if you have a good number out and turrets aren't covered EVERYTHING.

ggs, Devil :)

"I didn't expect anyone to cheese twice in the same game" might be the best thing I've heard in a while :lol

and ofc congrats from me, too!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
so many platinum promotions recently! keep it up guys!

I went 4-1 in my placements and got into gold on NA .. lost every one since now i'm 4 - 8;_;

and on SEA i'm like bronze and 40 losses 22 wins.. it's so disheartening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom