• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
YakiSOBA said:
Sweet, looking forward to it! Gonna add everyone on that list tonight when I get home from work :)

Are there any bronze->gold people in there that I can play with, or are ya'll diamond? :p

Gold on NA, Bronze on SEA, we'll be besties!

YakiSOBA

haha aite aite..

question about TvT

If I loss a 1v1, and the guy went 1/1/1 without even scouting me, and I went 3rax... when should I have attacked?

I understand that 1/1/1 is really weak to early pressure/rush, especially if he didnt even scout me... but yet I still lost..

I aimed to attack around the 8.5min mark, much too late? Also he dropped helions on me before I pushed out.. so had to deal with that first.

Feep

Banned
As Protoss: I'm beginning to think there's never any real reason to go Gate -> Gate -> Cyber, as opposed to Gate -> Cyber -> Gate.

PvP: Early Zealot rushes are far better countered with Stalkers. Kiting them is a joke.

PvT: Units out of 2 Gates isn't going to enough to repel the 3 rax push. You need to get out a sentry ASAP to force field the ramp.

PvZ: You don't need more than a few Zealots to handle early Lings, and to harass an early expand, Stalkers are far more useful.

Am I missing something? I'm considering just never doing it.

YakiSOBA said:
haha aite aite..

question about TvT

If I loss a 1v1, and the guy went 1/1/1 without even scouting me, and I went 3rax... when should I have attacked?

I understand that 1/1/1 is really weak to early pressure/rush, especially if he didnt even scout me... but yet I still lost..

I aimed to attack around the 8.5min mark, much too late? Also he dropped helions on me before I pushed out.. so had to deal with that first.

I'm no pro but I'd say you need to be at his doorstep no later than the 7minute mark, and just keep pumping units and set the rally point right at his base.

Edit: Here's a good build order If you show up and your opponent already has tanks in seige mode setup, you're essentially bringing knives to a gunfight. So you want to get there before that happens.

Vaporak

Feep said:
As Protoss: I'm beginning to think there's never any real reason to go Gate -> Gate -> Cyber, as opposed to Gate -> Cyber -> Gate.

PvP: Early Zealot rushes are far better countered with Stalkers. Kiting them is a joke.

PvT: Units out of 2 Gates isn't going to enough to repel the 3 rax push. You need to get out a sentry ASAP to force field the ramp.

PvZ: You don't need more than a few Zealots to handle early Lings, and to harass an early expand, Stalkers are far more useful.

Am I missing something? I'm considering just never doing it.

If you're getting proxy 2 gated in PvP the best response is to 2 gate yourself, or go gate -> forge and get a cannon. You'll have already lost by the time you get stalkers out for defense. In PvZ the fast double stalker opening gets 2 gates before core and is a solid aggressive opening if you want to play that way. Never do it in PvT, no use at all as far as I know. Almost all standard builds though go gate->gas->core though as it's the most economical.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Fuuuuuuuu. I have to move out in 60 days :lol I hope this isnt to hard to find a new place.

Any NorCal Gaffers want to take in a Plat level protoss to train with??? Ill provide nachos for gsl nights.

HolyCheck said:
what time is it in Ameri land... If gaf nights still on in about 6 hours I will be on!
3pm to 6pm depending on where you are. If GAF night happens, I might jump on. Still at school for like 2 more hours though.

YakiSOBA said:
NA
Corran Horn - Corran.456
valenti - Meeru.240
Aylinato - Aylinato.421
Vaporak - Vaporak.756
MrMister - MrMister.430
DaFish - DaFish.574
Pandaman - panda.214
greenry - GreenGenes.945
ultron87 - ultron.242
pieatorium - pieman.380
Trin3785 - Trin.525
Ashhong - Ashhong.461
PhoenixDark - PhoenixDark.759
Slavik81 - Slavik.414
TheRagnCajun - TheRagnCajun.550
Jack Random - JackRandom.744
YakiSOBA - dHo.724
Liu Kang Baking A Pie - MrSnrub.877

EU
Stevie Gerrard - Malcolm.533
Q8D3vil - devil.691
IZZO - TheStrayWolf.490
fanboi - fanboi.764
Nyx - Nyx.670
close to the edge - SoundChaser.670
mescalineeyes - mescalineyes.581
Ikuu - Ikuu.746
I'll play!

Deadman

NA
Corran Horn - Corran.456
valenti - Meeru.240
Aylinato - Aylinato.421
Vaporak - Vaporak.756
MrMister - MrMister.430
DaFish - DaFish.574
Pandaman - panda.214
greenry - GreenGenes.945
ultron87 - ultron.242
pieatorium - pieman.380
Trin3785 - Trin.525
Ashhong - Ashhong.461
Slavik81 - Slavik.414
YakiSOBA - dHo.724

EU
Q8D3vil - devil.691
IZZO - TheStrayWolf.490
fanboi - fanboi.764
Nyx - Nyx.670
Ikuu - Ikuu.746
Deadman - Deadman 800

Keikaku

Works for me.

EDIT: Valenti, I've already added you as a friend, so I'll message you when I get online. Well, you or Aylinato or someone.

Phew, I think I'm finally getting over a rough patch. I'm pretty sure I was just a few games from promotion to Gold, and then I lost like 17 games out of 25. Finally started winning again.

Honestly, I think it was my stressed-out personal life getting in the way. I would play when I wasn't in the right state of mind, and just perform terribly. I think I lost to 6-pool 3 games in a row. So frustrating!!! I usually love seeing 6-pool because it means it's an easy win once I hold off the rush.

The moral of the story is that while it IS fun, Starcraft 2 is not a game if play FOR fun. I play it more for the competitive outlet, and I hate it when I don't play up to my (silver tier noobish) potential. Playing while stressed out will only make me more stressed.

Maybe it's just me.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Updated

NA
Corran Horn - Corran.456
valenti - Meeru.240
Aylinato - Aylinato.421
Vaporak - Vaporak.756
MrMister - MrMister.430
DaFish - DaFish.574
Pandaman - panda.214
greenry - GreenGenes.945
ultron87 - ultron.242
pieatorium - pieman.380
Trin3785 - Trin.525
Ashhong - Ashhong.461
Slavik81 - Slavik.414
Spl1nter - Splinter.798
YakiSOBA - dHo.724

EU
Q8D3vil - devil.691
IZZO - TheStrayWolf.490
fanboi - fanboi.764
Nyx - Nyx.670
Tacitus_ - Tacitus.921
Ikuu - Ikuu.746
Deadman - Deadman 800

Keikaku

I am. Keikaku.6somethingsomething. I can't recall and I'm still at school.

EDIT: Aaaaand now I can't get on tonight. Just got some new homework D:

Cheeto

NA
Corran Horn - Corran.456
valenti - Meeru.240
Aylinato - Aylinato.421
Vaporak - Vaporak.756
MrMister - MrMister.430
DaFish - DaFish.574
Pandaman - panda.214
greenry - GreenGenes.945
ultron87 - ultron.242
pieatorium - pieman.380
Trin3785 - Trin.525
Ashhong - Ashhong.461
Slavik81 - Slavik.414
Spl1nter - Splinter.798
YakiSOBA - dHo.724
Cheeto - Cheeto.448

EU
Q8D3vil - devil.691
IZZO - TheStrayWolf.490
fanboi - fanboi.764
Nyx - Nyx.670
Tacitus_ - Tacitus.921
Ikuu - Ikuu.746
Deadman - Deadman 800
Added

JoeFu

Banned
I'd like to play with you guys! I'm terrible though, I'll add me to the thing

NA
Corran Horn - Corran.456
valenti - Meeru.240
Aylinato - Aylinato.421
Vaporak - Vaporak.756
MrMister - MrMister.430
DaFish - DaFish.574
Pandaman - panda.214
greenry - GreenGenes.945
ultron87 - ultron.242
pieatorium - pieman.380
Trin3785 - Trin.525
Ashhong - Ashhong.461
Slavik81 - Slavik.414
Spl1nter - Splinter.798
YakiSOBA - dHo.724
Cheeto - Cheeto.448
JoeFu - JoeFu.514

EU
Q8D3vil - devil.691
IZZO - TheStrayWolf.490
fanboi - fanboi.764
Nyx - Nyx.670
Tacitus_ - Tacitus.921
Ikuu - Ikuu.746
Deadman - Deadman 800
Added

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys, guys, guys, guys, guys :D :D :D

So some people told me 2v2 Diamond means nothing... so I decided to level my zerg up some games and this is the result:

jdQGd.jpg

Quite a change from the beta Yoshichan who broke keyboards and stayed free in bronze league both 1v1 and 2v2, huh :lol ?

!!!
Thank you GAF for giving me tips!

Keikaku

I would be up for a game or two. I worked like a mofo and got a large part of my 3D model done just to hit up GAF SC2 night :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm glad the first Platinum game I join, I'm greeted with such fine hospitality!

CJVJA.jpg

Banelingbusted the shit out of this:

JJZR6.jpg

jaciI.jpg

...and continued on slaughtering him.

tFUdR.jpg

Keikaku

Got owned in both the 3v3 games I played with Corran and Aylinato. I'm so rusty at SC2 but it would be a lot worse if I hadn't switched back to Protoss.

Panda, I disown you and your moe queens. Brotoss forever!

Aylinato

come on guys! pst corran for stuff! (pst in-game!)

pst also means talk to, whisper, whatever means chatting(corran didn't know pst)

Zen

Banned
Yoshichan said:
I'm glad the first Platinum game I join, I'm greeted with such fine hospitality!

CJVJA.jpg

Banelingbusted the shit out of this:

JJZR6.jpg

jaciI.jpg

...and continued on slaughtering him.

tFUdR.jpg

Man, why do people even bother with the 3 supply depot wall off? If you're trying to get the wall up in time to prevent lings getting in then it hurts your econ, it puts 24 worth of supply space RIGHT THERE to be killed, and is shit against baneling busts that also end up supply capping you. :lol

Nyx

EU Gaf night was pretty cool, had 2 nice games vs. Malcolm, even though I lost both miserably I felt like I already was a better player than 2 nights ago. :lol

Shame I have to work today, so I went to bed early, will probably be online tonight again for some more Nyx-stomping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom