• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD |OT| 2023: A Space Toddity

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
How are the faction sidequest. In the Starfield direct, they said that if you alliance with one faction and another one finds out, you wont get quest from them...is that true?

While I haven't had the chance to test out the second part of your post, the faction quests I've done are pretty good. It's basically like the elder scrolls games where individual guilds like Thieves, Dark Brotherhood etc have their own plots that you see through.

Ovech-King

There is no way to improve performances without changing CPU and GPU ?

Dude playing at 40 fps is so trash...

On medium you loose pretty nothing and even though low is almost identical too . Push down the resolution scale to 62% and adjust down see how goes it well for you . Put sharpness to max and all this still looks very clean . Then its about you core counts unfortunately

Spyxos

Gold Member
How do i know on Atlantis to which npcs to speak with? There a many but, most of them seem like basic npcs without much dialogue.

How do i know on Atlantis to which npcs to speak with? There a many but, most of them seem like basic npcs without much dialogue.
Just explore. If they have names you can usually talk to them. Employees in buildings and shops always have quests or extra dialogue

Last edited:

Luipadre

guys... I'm not loving it.

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

You will

todd-howard-holding-a-gun.gif

soulbait

I found what it looks like a shotgun that shot missiles and kinda break the game...it has a specific name, something like banisher of asha or some shit (blue rarity weapon)

I'm forcing myself to not use it to have some challenge but bethesda really didn't balanced this thing at all because the ammo are not rare and i didn't bought ammo a single time yet, just scavenging...

I got a revolver like weapon that does 100+ damage early in the game. When I first got it, I could 1 shot kill almost anything. As time went on, it takes 2-5 shots. It is my backup for whenever I start getting overtaken by a bunch of enemies.

soulbait

What do you think about the trait that you meet your parents but have to pay 2% of your money the whole game?
On the one hand it seems like a quest or at least some nice NPCs addition, on the other hand.. isn't it too risky to pay 2% of your income for that?

I had the same concern, and I wish I would have gone with it. Credits are easy to come by, so a 2% tax is not too bad. Also, you can always stop giving them money if you ever want to. You just never get to see them again and may miss out on any additional gifts.

cormack12

Gold Member
Right finally played the first hour or two. Why couldn't I scan things on kreet? These little leeches jumped out the box several times but when I tried to scan them I couldn't.

Also when I'm in space and can see the elements, is there something similar for the fauna and flora?

I opted for space scoundrel. I'm gonna advance main quest until I get some freedom, then what other skills are going to be most useful for a smuggle of Contraband?

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
I got a revolver like weapon that does 100+ damage early in the game. When I first got it, I could 1 shot kill almost anything. As time went on, it takes 2-5 shots. It is my backup for whenever I start getting overtaken by a bunch of enemies.
‘Deadeye’ I’m guessing? Keep it for the skin at the very least, it’s beautiful but marked common (grey) so easy to scrap, but I haven‘t seen that skin anywhere else:
Zz1YOyg.jpg

Topher

Gold Member
It may have already been said, but the StarfieldUI Inventory mod is a must have. You can sort weapons by damage per second and shows you want ammo each takes. Makes it easier when you are trying to buy ammo s you don't have to go into each individual weapon view.

773-1693893632-644738357.png

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I came home from work last night with a set plan for how I was going to spend my session and it all fell apart within about 15 minutes.

I initially thought I'd knock out a couple main quests....but I just wanted to wrap up a side I was in the middle of and then get to it. And that just led to one more side. And another. One after another. And before I knew it I had to crash unless I wanted to get less than five hours of sleep. I just cant stop thinking about it, what Im going to do next, figuring out a plan of action.

The Bethesda Effect* in full effect here.

x7L9Tkz.gif

GOTfuckingY

GymWolf

Gold Member
Is there a place with infinite money where i can sell a lot of legal stuff?

It's hard to believe that no one has more than 5000 dollars on their pockets...

soulbait

‘Deadeye’ I’m guessing? Keep it for the skin at the very least, it’s beautiful but marked common (grey) so easy to scrap, but I haven‘t seen that skin anywhere else:
Zz1YOyg.jpg

No, it was before that. I got dead eye later. I was a legendary gun and very early. Probably one of the random generated weapons and I got lucky LOL.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
who tf got to NG+16....do people have lives ffs lol
Only takes 40 minutes for one run. I'm actually going to play the game now that I've done ten runs myself for the Ship/Armor upgrades.

The real meat of this game is in the Sidequests and Faction Campaigns. Each one feels like it's own story on it's own. Reminds me of how great the Witcher 3 Contract quests were.

Yeah, I'm not getting anything different on higher difficulties other than the obvious higher level enemies and them doing more damage.

They will take shot after shot and stay behind cover and occasionally pop up to spray at you or to run over to different cover or simply stand there in the open. Melee enemies will almost always attempt to rush right at you and if you aren't in an easy pathing location, then they often break and stand there.

I'll just be standing behind a waist high wall taking shots waiting for any of the dozen or so enemies to do anything other than the most basic things mentioned.
I don't know what to say, and I don't know how we're experiencing two different games when it comes to combat. Every combat experience I've been having has been a tense thrillride and it makes me look forward to that next moment of rest when you're talking to NPCs and doing persuasion minigames.

ajanke

It may have already been said, but the StarfieldUI Inventory mod is a must have. You can sort weapons by damage per second and shows you want ammo each takes. Makes it easier when you are trying to buy ammo s you don't have to go into each individual weapon view.

773-1693893632-644738357.png

How easy was the install? I haven't used Vortex/NMM in a long ass time.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Is there a place with infinite money where i can sell a lot of legal stuff?

It's hard to believe that no one has more than 5000 dollars on their pockets...

The best place to sell shit that I've found so far is the pirate fleet HQ. Loads of vendors in one place.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I need a new ship. I've just been doing little side quests for 40 hours, still not done the second main mission....if I do more of the main mission questline, can I bang?

oji-san

Banned
I had the same concern, and I wish I would have gone with it. Credits are easy to come by, so a 2% tax is not too bad. Also, you can always stop giving them money if you ever want to. You just never get to see them again and may miss out on any additional gifts.
Thank you very much mate. :)

Topher

Gold Member
I need a new ship. I've just been doing little side quests for 40 hours, still not done the second main mission....if I do more of the main mission questline, can I bang?

Some side quest spoilers for getting new ships.....

If you do more main quest missions then eventually Walter Stroud will want you to help his company get on track with a new ship design. Also the Rangers faction has a nice ship at the end. There is also the secret mission Lair of the Mantis. Google how to get that one. It isn't obvious.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member

Use your scanner. If they have a first and last name then they're probably worth talking to. If they're just called "Citizen" then keep moving.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
The fact you can build all these ships right in the game is amazing. Not only that, but the different parts actually have an impact on the game like weapons, research bays, shield generators, etc. Then you can hire a crew to run it, fill it with expensive statues and sculptures you stole from an art collector you may, may not have murdered. Mind blowing stuff for an RPG.

Thought I done fucked up. Just rolling with the artifact missions, only level 6 and I got caught up in a mine full of the shaw gang and monsters with hardly any bullets. Somehow managed to skirt most of those thugs, make my way into the cave, get the artifact, get back out, talk my way out of being slaughtered by the gang's boss, and then make it back to civilization in one piece.

I think it's time to get stronger before putting myself in such stupid situations. Yehaw.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Pc.

Btw andreja is now lost and i can't find here anywhere, good ol bethesda strikes again.
When facing a vendor, open the console, and type:

player.additem f X

X=the amount of money you wish to add to said vendor. But again just make sure you are targeting the vendor and not yourself, otherwise the money will just go into your pockets. Which I guess if that happens maybe you won't need to sell anything...

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
2nd time crash.
I need to wait for fixed update or do some runs through xcloud (I have no Xbox series).
The game crashes about once a hour for me. I quick save every 3-5 minutes.

Standard Bethesda launch stuff for me.

Top Bottom