• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD |OT| 2023: A Space Toddity

R6Rider

Gold Member
I *think* it means the landing bay needs a direct route to the cockpit, ie though a habitat, not actually connected directly to the cockpit. I had the same issue last night but sacked it off before i tried it as it was pissing me off as well.
It was directly connected through an all in one habitat. It's even bugged that if I flip it it works, but then than messes with the rest of the ship layout.

Ended up scrapping my original layout for something else.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
So weird there's no VATS..
Spaceship battles have them if you get targeting perk.

Which is weird they didn’t include it as a perk for regular combat too.

Considering how piss easy every encounter in the game is even on hard or very hard, at least throw in vats to showcase some spectacle. The times I’ve killed a guy with his jet pack exploding to thrust him into the ceiling to get stuck isn’t many but it’s epic. It would be even more epic if it was done in vats slow mo.

clarky

Gold Member
It was directly connected through an all in one habitat. It's even bugged that if I flip it it works, but then than messes with the rest of the ship layout.

Ended up scrapping my original layout for something else.
Yeah, it was pissing me off as well. I'm just sticking with pre built's for now at least.

Last edited:

twilo99

Gold Member
That's how I gamed for 3 months last year. Use Edge, it has a sharpening option. Depending on your connection you can get some 60fps on Xcloud. I played through the entire Halo Winter Update that way.

The only big issue I have with it is the lack of mouse and keyboard support... they said they will add it a year ago, still nothing.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Just started this side story First Contact and I'm having a good laugh at the situation.
Haven't finished yet but made my decision on the path I'm going to take.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Another cool random encounter. This one is likely related to having the Wanted trait.

Jumped into a star system and immediately got attacked by spacers, but there's another batch spacers in blue who are helping me out. Once the bad spacers are dead, the 'good' ones hail me and tell me that they're just gonna keep a track of me and keep killing the other spacers until the bounty on my head is big enough for them to want to kill me themselves.

Damn

twilo99

Gold Member
Good interview here

Mods coming next year

twilo99

Gold Member
Its playing out exactly like the early access thread to a tea. By weekend there will be many more. lol.

It seems to be leaning towards a love it or hate it kinda deal which isn’t great but, if you happen to be in the love it camp you consider yourself lucky and enjoy

Draugoth

Gold Member
G1Hq035.png

nuVG9Qp.png

Last edited:

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
Do you unlock the jet pack part of the main story line or via a side quest?

DeaDPo0L84

I'm enjoying the game, and I won't regurgitate the issues I have with it, but all those 10's are really disingenuous. I get the whole "the good outweighs the bad", but if we are being realistic there are fundamental things that are objectively bad, giving it a 10 when another game may make the same mistakes and get slammed for it is why these reviewers can't be taken seriously.

Last edited:

Pimpbaa

Such a massive increase in graphical quality in everything but faces. And this isn’t an engine problem, as people (better modellers) have been fixing BGS’ shitty faces since Morrowind with no impact to performance in any of their games. They really need some new talent in their team in regards to art (well, just the people responsible for the faces). The only other popular dev that was notorious for this was Netherrealm Studios, but they stepped up their game considerably since Injustice 2. BGS needs to do the same.

clarky

Gold Member
I'm enjoying the game, and I won't regurgitate the issues I have with it, but all those 10's are really disingenuous. I get the whole "the good outweighs the bad", but if we are being realistic there are fundamental things that are objectively bad, giving it a 10 when another game may make the same mistakes and get slammed for it is why these reviewers can't be taken seriously.
That all depends on the definition of a "ten" If it means a perfect game then there are none.

Like a ten from Edge magazine used to be given for a genre defining masterpiece, but looking at their list every game on it has flaws, and some I obviously don't agree with.

Is this a ten for me? No i'd go with a 9 or 9.5 currently, as the many flaws (a couple of big ones and a few small personal irks) do get in the way of the game. But on the other hand I've not had this much fun in a videogame for long time. Its consuming me at the moment to the point of unhealthiness lol.

See how I feel in a few weeks before i decide where it lands on my all time list.

twilo99

Gold Member
I'm somehow stuck at "speak to Naeva" during the Crimson fleet quest.. every time I board the ship they are hostile, and there are two pirates in there than I can't kill, they are in some sort of god mode lol

Salz01

The game is awesome. Only real critique I have is the encumbrance. I want to mod it out of the galaxy…….

Fess

No achievements has been unlocked for me, went back to the first save and just got my first one, 50 hours in Yay! 😅

Is there a way to add achievements retroactively on Steam?
They keep the position of a potato you place on the ground somewhere on Mars, should keep a list of all the things I’ve done related to achievements too. No?

Am I the only one hiding like a rat even in the first mission with Sarah in Hard difficulty? Am I that lost in the beggining of this game or are the enemies some kind of bullet sponges?

R6Rider

Gold Member
Three ships now. The Frontier, the Razorleaf, and the one I just built/am building.

Had around 120k credits and spent almost all of it on a 50k ship and then upgrading it.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I love all the random, weird, and funny encounters people are having by just exploring in this game. I just wish they didn't run to share all these moments on their socials or on forums every time. I want to experience these first hand.
Go dark. Its the only way to be sure

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
The game is awesome. Only real critique I have is the encumbrance. I want to mod it out of the galaxy…….

You can remove it with command line

Type tilde ~ key to open command console, and enter player.setav carryweight 999999

What's the deal with all the food in places with toxic or zero atmosphere? You can even find empty food packaging. My brain is doing a record scratch every time I find a bunch of cubes, drinks and cutlery on a table outside.
Maybe the game is pulling random decorations out of a list and these were not flagged correctly...

Jemm

What's the deal with all the food in places with toxic or zero atmosphere? You can even find empty food packaging. My brain is doing a record scratch every time I find a bunch of cubes, drinks and cutlery on a table outside.
Maybe the game is pulling random decorations out of a list and these were not flagged correctly...
Maybe the planet used to have a clean atmosphere, before something happened?

I love finding a carton of milk in an abandoned place - and drinking it for health. Feels so wrong.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What's the best ship that can be bought (money is not a problem) ?

My Mantis ship is starting to look like a monstrosity, and while its weaponry is top notch, the cargo space etc is starting to real thin and I can only add so many more landing pads to counter the increase in mass.

starfield-2023_09_06-50iho.png

Top Bottom