• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD |OT| 2023: A Space Toddity

K2D

Banned
Are we back to the year 2006?

Back To The Future Abandon Thread GIF

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Just recruited Amelia Earhart onto my spaceship crew.

Never through I'd be saying that lol.

SRTtoZ

Bloomberg audience Q: Why did you not optimize Starfield for PC?

Todd Howard: we did... you might need to upgrade your PC

lmao. Todd was shoved into a locker one too many times in high school. He really does need to stop with this shit though. RDR2 and Cyberpunk both RUN and LOOK infinitely better on my 5800x and 3070 Ti than this game. I get there is a ton of CPU shit working over time but it's definitely not optimized correctly for Ryzen. Also, the HDR is fucked and there are zero ray traced options in this game.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I never liked these giant western games, examples: Baldurs Gate 3, The witcher, Dragon Age, Skyrim, Fallout, cyberpunk, Red Dead Redemption etc. However the games I like are: Elden Ring, God of War, Sekiro, Devil My Cry, The Last of Us, Resident Evil, Hollow Knight Etc. Must have something to do with combat I guess.

Seriously don’t understand these kind of threads. This wasn’t a response from you about a subject you create a new thread entirely to tell us what kinda games you like! What exactly was the purpose? Are you looking for like minded gamers to group up with or just feel we need to know what you like?

skneogaf

I never liked these giant western games, examples: Baldurs Gate 3, The witcher, Dragon Age, Skyrim, Fallout, cyberpunk, Red Dead Redemption etc. However the games I like are: Elden Ring, God of War, Sekiro, Devil My Cry, The Last of Us, Resident Evil, Hollow Knight Etc. Must have something to do with combat I guess.

Why on earth would someone start a thread like this? I'm not one to moan normally but surely this type of statement belongs in the OT, like surely?

Seriously don’t understand these kind of threads. This wasn’t a response from you about a subject you create a new thread entirely to tell us what kinda games you like! What exactly was the purpose? Are you looking for like minded gamers to group up with or just feel we need to know what you like?
Why on earth would someone start a thread like this? I'm not one to moan normally but surely this type of statement belongs in the OT, like surely?
There's threads like this being made every week. Today there's two complaint threads. They eventually just get churned out and added to the giant pile of complaint threads. When it comes to negativity, disliking something, not wanting to try a new hobby, or general burnout, a GAF member will want a form of solidarity to help validate their opinion, so they will create a thread.

The problem is they know that they'll get at least 40-50% validation at minimum because there are other members of GAF who either:

A) Don't like video games and will gladly complain about them
B) Don't like any modern video games
C) Hate-play games(Like hate-watching shows, but for video games)
D) Only like one console manufacturer
E) Don't play video games but will gladly complain about them
F) Would rather find and play bad games to dislike than seek out good ones to enjoy

Other times, the stars align just right and you get a thread backfire. My favorite type of thread.

Edit: For context, this post was from a thread pre-merge regarding someone who wanted to simply complain about Starfield and nothing else.

Last edited:

drotahorror

What a low effort thread.

I dislike the game but I decided to write my thoughts in the review thread like an normal person over 12 years old. I was a lot more detailed as well.

That's OK. I don't enjoy games like COD, Halo, etc. I'm not sure why you had to post this, tho.

M.W.

Funny, I like all the games you don't like and hate the ones you do with the exception of TLOU. Weird!

ZehDon

... or, IGN, maybe they just really like the design? The NASA-inspired coloured streak combined with the white and grey details looks pretty dope, to me.

Maddux4164

Banned
Why is Sarah a pretentious clown? So I’ve murdered a few people and now she’s all “ok. But that’s uncool”

Really Sarah? You’re not for me. Go and stay mad.
4tHjhVZ.jpg

Top Bottom