• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD |OT| 2023: A Space Toddity

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
starshop.png

500pxShopped.jpg
Screenshots of auto HDR look all washed out like that. Doesn’t look like that in the in-game album.

But I kinda like it, it really brings out my gleaming pasty white complexion

Pallas

I’m not very far in it myself… just had my first space ship dog fight, now on a moon(Kreet), and had a run in with a alien creature that was way over leveled because I ventured off the beaten path to explore and collect resources. Happened after scanning an odd rock formation. Took about 10 minutes of dumping all my ammo and using hit and run tactics with a melee weapon. Poor Vasco didn’t last long. 😂

Edit: It was Kreet’s Albino Terrormorph. I was only level 2 and it was level 10. What a fight. Thank god I looted all those medkits during the intro.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I’m not very far in it myself… just had my first space ship dog fight, now on a moon(Kreet), and had a run in with a alien creature that was way over leveled because I ventured off the beaten path to explore and collect resources. Happened after scanning an odd rock formation. Took about 10 minutes of dumping all my ammo and using hit and run tactics with a melee weapon. Poor Vasco didn’t last long. 😂

Edit: It was Kreet’s Albino Terrormorph. I was only level 2 and it was level 10. What a fight. Thank god I looted all those medkits during the intro.

Damn, I didn't encounter any Terrormorph's until I started doing the dedicated UC Faction quests about it. The first 'story' mission you encounter them is pretty good, almost like an Alien-esque situation with a faux motion tracker and all.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Man I love this fucking game

I’m going to go ahead and assume you guys all listened to this

Straight from the horses mouth he describes exactly what the game is. Also cool to hear him talk about how balls deep he was during Fallout 3

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Man I love this fucking game

I’m going to go ahead and assume you guys all listened to this

Straight from the horses mouth he describes exactly what the game is. Also cool to hear him talk about how balls deep he was during Fallout 3

No I hadn't, but it's in my watch queue now.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

screenshot-2023-09-07-121902-1694085564119.png

From using the DualSense controller to play the game, to creating custom "limited edition" Starfield PS5s, and even modding in the PlayStation Studios intro, some users have seemingly taken Bethesda's Xbox exclusivity hard.

Blarzek on Reddit took the emulation one step further by customising their PS5 and controller to look like a special Starfield edition (above). The DualSense in particular looks like an official PlayStation version of the real Xbox limited editiongamepad, but the console is fully customised to match.

Finally, to really drive the idea home, PC players can now mod in the PlayStation Studios intro into Starfield, so it matches the likes of PS5 console exclusives The Last of Us Part 1 and Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart.

Chachinito on modding website Nexus Mods uploaded the Starfield PlayStation Studio Splash Screen mod, which replaces actual developer Bethesda's opening. This can be paired with EASKATER's PS5 Icons mod, which replaces Xbox button prompts with PlayStation buttons. Y becomes Triangle, RT becomes R2, and so on.

Topher

Gold Member
Wow, good catch.
Anyways like i stated in the other thread i really dig the graphics in this game. Seriously it could be worse.

I have no issues with the graphics. Yeah....we've seen worse this gen with some AAA games not using old engines. In fact, I'm kind of amazed with the facial animations they were able achieve without mocap. Don't get me wrong...this game isn't doing anything great technically, but there is something to be said for aesthetics. You see all the screenshots I've taken. More than I have for any other game. Mainly because this game has more interesting screenshots to take than other games I've played.

feynoob

Banned
Kinda weird how media talking heads claim they want to see more platform agnosticism from gamers and then go and post shitty Newsmax tier articles like this.
Its because of this.
Advertising is by far the best way to generate revenue from your website. Some advertising campaigns pay you just for the number of visitors coming to your site while others require that the visitor perform some action (such as make a purchase or click on a link) for you to get paid.
Its also stated on their page.
This post might contain affiliation links. If you buy something through this post, the publisher may get a share of the sale.

Crayon

Seems like... jokes? I'm struggling to think of the ps owner who is so mad about starfield they mod their ps5.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Is there a list anywhere on the big main faction quests ? I want to make sure I don’t miss any.

I did the UC terrormorph one
The crimson fleet vs sysdef
The Ranger /Hometech
Working on the Ryukujin or whatever on Neon now

That all along with main story. Really I got into all of those above from New Atlantis so I’m unsure if there is more main faction ones to find to do.

Top Bottom