• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD |OT| 2023: A Space Toddity

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I almost shat myself when I was called into a room for...

A job performance review by Blake and what's her face, with reports on my actions from all 3 of the Rangers I dealt with during various trips for the investigation. They even brought up how I handled each situation and their opinion.

...since during the Ranger quest line I've taken pride in being the biggest douche-bag asshole ever, and a bit of a psycho.:messenger_grinning_sweat:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Lots of fun in Neon tonight. And such a gorgeous area to explore:

53172240209_6b22343b55_o.png

Katajx

I finally got a chunk of time to play more than 20 minutes at a time today. I’ve checked around the cities some and done a little bit of the main story.

I think I’ve done enough of the main story that I can just explore and create my own adventure now. Interested in the progression, and some of the other mechanics are starting to feel better.

It feels like I’m starting to get pieces, but they are disjointed and they haven’t came together yet being low level.

Grab jumping into space and getting instant gibbed by high level pirates in my starter ship is not fun though. Thankfully they are gone after respawning

I’m interested to see how my son’s playthrough goes vs mine. .

R6Rider

Gold Member
Not sure how to do that. I’m on Xbox One X with xcloud. Happy to learn how to
Assuming the controller has a share button, just press that and then you can export or transfer the screenshot.

If it's an older Xbox controller then you can press the guide button and then take a screenshot from there.

Easy to upload to a website like imgur or postimages. Similarly you can record clips too.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Lots of fun in Neon tonight. And such a gorgeous area to explore:

53172240209_6b22343b55_o.png

Remove the HUD and you could pass this off as Cyber 2077, the console version at least.

I have yet to go to Neon and Akila, and only finished the UC quest line so far along a couple of main story quests. It feels like I've barely hit 10~15% of the games content and my game clock is hitting 42~ hours.

It feels like I've become a little too over-leveled. Running into random higher leveled bounty ships earns you a shit ton of XP. Especially if you're pairing it with the "emotional stability" 15% boost.

Last edited:

twilo99

Gold Member
I’m on Xbox One X with xcloud.

That’s part of the reason why I like what Microsoft are doing with their cloud efforts.. I just can’t see the negative here when you can use almost a decade old hardware to play a game like Starfield.. sure, it’s not perfect, but you are in.

Topher

Gold Member
Not sure how to do that. I’m on Xbox One X with xcloud. Happy to learn how to

I think you can do a screenshot with xCloud the same way you do a local game. From there I believe the easiest way would be to access your captures on the Xbox app on your smart phone and upload them into your NeoGAF post there.

If someone else has an easier way, please feel free.

That’s part of the reason why I like what Microsoft are doing with their cloud efforts.. I just can’t see the negative here when you can use almost a decade old hardware to play a game like Starfield.. sure, it’s not perfect, but you are in.

Indeed. That's how EviLore EviLore is playing the game as well since he currently doesn't have access to his PC. Convenient feature.

Last edited:

Maddux4164

Banned
Assuming the controller has a share button, just press that and then you can export or transfer the screenshot.

If it's an older Xbox controller then you can press the guide button and then take a screenshot from there.

Easy to upload to a website like imgur or postimages. Similarly you can record clips too.
Says upload failed on a 7mb file

Why?

Maddux4164

Banned
I’m on Xbox One X. They could’ve easily made this playable on 2017 hardware considering they’re using 2003 engine.

Anyhow. It’s fine. Plays well

Maddux4164

Banned
Game is absolutely beautiful

Hopefully everyone gets the Mark 1 suit (before Bethesda patches it) and the Mantis gear/ship

I’ve done 0 main quests and am level 7 and have done made sure I’ve got my gear 😎

geary

Game is absolutely beautiful

Hopefully everyone gets the Mark 1 suit (before Bethesda patches it) and the Mantis gear/ship

I’ve done 0 main quests and am level 7 and have done made sure I’ve got my gear 😎
I got the Mark 1 suit, but i feel i’cheating and is supressing any tipe of progression in might have since i wont find any new suid better than M1

Maddux4164

Banned
I got the Mark 1 suit, but i feel i’cheating and is supressing any tipe of progression in might have since i wont find any new suid better than M1
Mantis is FAR better. Take your Mark 1 and get yourself a Mantis suit. It’s exactly as it sounds. You look like a praying mantis. It’s amazing 🤩

Topher

Gold Member
Being a fan of Platformer games, I am happy some quests has extensive platforming involved.

Just did a small quest on Mars where I had to climb about 100 mtrs tall tower, with help of jetpack. And it was hard so bonus points for that.

I like how your character latches and climbs onto ledges, Doomslayer style. (Doom Eternal).

I love the jetpack, especially in lower gravity areas. I like to jump into that deep mining pit in Cydonia. At the last second before hitting the ground, give the jetpack a boost. Land like a feather. It's so cool.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I finished the Freestar Ranger quest line tonight and tried to dismiss Sam since I don't like him and I need some of Sarah's cake. He said some shit like not until the job is done. Then I remembered that whole Ranger shit was a side quest I picked up walking down the street, and I had been totally derailed from the main story line. That's wild. It feels like I lived that shit, but it wasn't even the main mission. I love that type of quest design.

On another note, I'm right on the cusp of 40hrs. play time. That's like 5hrs/day since it came out. This game is like digital crack to me.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Just getting some thoughts down after 8 hours of play.

+ Feels better than play than anything they've made before, actually feels like a "real shooter" on KBM
+ Looks great overall even if the standard Bethesda NPCs are wooden
+ Sound design very good, music on point
+ I actually love how quickly you can fast travel between points of interest, no messing around spending 10 minutes getting on/off ships with no threat

- Some frustrating "design choices". Menus are just straight bad, some tooltips missing or misleading, encumbrance is FAR too low for a game like this even with 2 points in the skill already
- No map in places like the first main city is inexcusably bad
- Writing hasn't grabbed me at all yet but did pick up as soon as I got off the main quest

Still very early days for a game like this, but right now it's decent. Definitely needs more time to breathe. Had a look into why some people were recommending rushing the main quest to get to NG+ and boy am I glad I didn't, horrible advice.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I finished the Freestar Ranger quest line tonight and tried to dismiss Sam since I don't like him and I need some of Sarah's cake. He said some shit like not until the job is done. Then I remembered that whole Ranger shit was a side quest I picked up walking down the street, and I had been totally derailed from the main story line. That's wild. It feels like I lived that shit, but it wasn't even the main mission. I love that type of quest design.

On another note, I'm right on the cusp of 40hrs. play time. That's like 5hrs/day since it came out. This game is like digital crack to me.
Dude is so fucking boring and having a snarky kid in the ship if you chose him definitely made me ditch his ass forever :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

No space for a dude who think a spaceship is a fucking nursery school:lollipop_squinting:

Robb

Gold Member
I think I’m going to call it quits tbh. Got a fair bit into the story, did some side quests (Mantis included) etc. but at this point I’m just smashing the A-button and picking the top/default alternative in every conversation just to get it over with.

I gave it 12h and I think it’s safe to assume this isn’t for me. Kinda expected though since I never enjoyed Fallout or TES either.

I think I’m going to call it quits tbh. Got a fair bit into the story, did some side quests (Mantis included) etc. but at this point I’m just smashing the A-button and picking the top/default alternative in every conversation just to get it over with.

I gave it 12h and I think it’s safe to assume this isn’t for me. Kinda expected though since I never enjoyed Fallout or TES either.

Makes sense.

I also wasn't a Bethesda fan till Fallout New Vegas and later with Fallout 3. Definitely not for everyone.

TIGERCOOL

Just finished this too and man.. it was great. The reward was the cherry on top as an underleveled and profoundly poor spaceman. Game is seriously impressing me right now.

cormack12

Gold Member
I haven't done Sarah's quest but am about to pick up seb coes quest. I take it I can pick Sarah up again from the lodge after the faction questline?

Top Bottom