• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFIELD |OT| 2023: A Space Toddity

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I haven't done Sarah's quest but am about to pick up seb coes quest. I take it I can pick Sarah up again from the lodge after the faction questline?

Wait a second, there are companion quests on top main quest on top of side quests on top of faction quests?

How do I access these? They must like me or something?

GymWolf

Gold Member
Wait a second, there are companion quests on top main quest on top of side quests on top of faction quests?

How do I access these? They must like me or something?
Is there a bethesda game without companions quest?

Yeah i think they have to like you, i tried speaking with them multiple times and they have the same dialogue options.

Only andreja opened up a little because she is my active companion and she like my style but i think it was a main story related chat.

She still doesn't want my D.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

Yeah i think they have to like you, i tried speaking with them multiple times and they have the same dialogue options.

Only andreja opened up a little because she is my active companion and she like my style but i think it was of main story related chat.

I always play these games solo, but I made an exception for Starfield and I'm running around with Andreja. I don't think she likes my moral compass too much so I might never see her quest line, if you know what I mean.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I always play these games solo, but I made an exception for Starfield and I'm running around with Andreja. I don't think she likes my moral compass too much so I might never see her quest line, if you know what I mean.
She seems to be ok with most things, what did you do? :lollipop_squinting:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
This is why I wish we could link up with lesser characters and bring them along like the ship crew, but able to go on missions and romance.

I don’t want to be a good little boy to get some cake. I want a girl like Andrea that wants to get high on aurora, blast some dudes heads off, and steal all their guns.

SCB3

Took a major break from the Main Quest to focus on the longer side Quests and progressed as far as I could in the Freestar Rangers (the mission I'm on now requires me to get a better combat ship, I'm getting destroyed by the fight there, so saving for better weapons) and playing Space Cowbot is awesome, however, go do the Ryujin questline, you play as a Digital Spy!!

Tomeru

Man, I would've loved it if I could get into my ship, fly over to that outpost I just dicovered, and blast everything from the air.

Did not read gif potential

ENITbb8.gif

GymWolf

Gold Member
Is is me or are healing items kinda lacking? I get 5hp for a carton of milk lmao.
Food is completely useless if not for special effects like persuasion and shit.

Just buy medkits from any vendor if you lack healing options.

Last edited:

Roberts

Only andreja opened up a little because she is my active companion and she like my style but i think it was a main story related chat.

Sarah opened up, it all lead to a lengthy companion quest. No spoilers, but the cool thing is that I finished it at the time when something specific happened on my main story quest line and for a brief moment there was a scene that merged the outcome of both quests together into one specific moment. The odds of that happening obviously were super slim because otherwise the quests themselves are in no way related.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Why wasting perks on that when medkits are everywhere and cheap?

I mean unless you roleplay as a space chef.

It would make more sense if the game would be harder. Some of the chems / meals you can craft give very nice bufs but what's the point if enemies die from 1-2 shoots anyway.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Sarah opened up, it all lead to a lengthy companion quest. No spoilers, but the cool thing is that I finished it at the time when something specific happened on my main story quest line and for a brief moment there was a scene that merged the outcome of both quests together into one specific moment. The odds of that happening obviously were super slim because otherwise the quests themselves are in no way related.
Sexual pun intended?

I don't think i'm gonna waste time with their personal missions, they are all boring and i have no intention of having them as companions except andreja and vasco.

The factions sidequest seems to be where the "quality" writing went this time.

Last edited:

bbeach123

Its pretty funny 2023 and bethesda still dont have working elevator, the opening made me think they fixed this already . The club in neon have 1st and 2nd floor connnected but you still had to load into the 2nd floor .

Roberts

Sexual pun intended?
Ha, no. Actually we (accidentally - pressed the wrong button) decided to stay friends. I guess I will go all flirty with Andreja.

I don't think i'm gonna waste time with their personal missions, they are all boring and i have no intention of having them as companions except andreja and vasco.

The factions sidequest seems to be where the "quality" writing went this time.
I agree. Not sure I want to do any others at the moment. Sarah's was a bit too overly serious and never really adventurous, weird or crazy like the faction stuff.

Jemm

Hmm. Shaping up to be one of Bethesda’s best. Doing one of the quest lines and it carries the detail and intrigue equivalent to a main quest. But everywhere I go there are new missions to add to the list. It’s going to be an epic experience.
That's what happened to me... still early on the main quest, but all the side quests just draw you more and more in. They seem simple at first ("Go repair this and that") and suddenly you are in the middle of a long quest with nice rewards.

Maybe this is what is meant by having to spend enough time on the game before it grows on you. Early on you just can't tell how big the game is and once you do, you are already hooked.

Ulysses 31

Picked up a month of XCloud to give it a spin.

Played a couple hours.

Hmm. Not much good to say so far tbh.

Hmm, game really does pick up steam as you go.

Hmm. Shaping up to be one of Bethesda’s best. Doing one of the quest lines and it carries the detail and intrigue equivalent to a main quest. But everywhere I go there are new missions to add to the list. It’s going to be an epic experience.
hes-beginning-to-believe.gif

Last edited:
My outpost gonna be a glorified storage centre. The ship that I want to buy has a storage capacity of a small van. I love the planet I chose to settle down. Just one lowly planet in the entire solar system. Cold freezing winter storms. Just hunker down with my crew watching the storm, while tinkering with my gear.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Has anybody actually tried unarmed fighting with the boxing/martial arts perks? Is it any good?

Always love punching the shit out of things but unarmed usually sucks in Bethesda games.

Last edited:

Freeman76

I haven’t even touched the outpost stuff…

Wait, so are all of their RPGs like this?

If you wanted to do everything the game has to offer, it will be like what.. 150..200hrs? More? And it feels like there are games within the game? That’s just silly.
The outposts in this are a big step backwards from the Fallout 4 settlements. That was a game in itself on FO4! Outposts in Starfield had so much potential to be incredible but they seem half-baked and beyond giving you something else to do they aren't even that useful. I was surprised to see you can't break down Misc items into crafting materials either. To me that side of the game, crafting, outposts etc is the weakest of all BGS latest titles, but its offset by the ship building and the fact that everything else is insanely good.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I just did a little side quest, that I don't even know where I picked it up. Or if it was even a side quest. Was like broken communication or something? It was very lengthy and just awesome. I'm like 2 days of real life time into this game and it just continues to get better.

There are flaws but those flaws just fade into the background as the more brilliant things shine through. I am definitely in the camp that this is Bethesda best game.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Another late night, damn you Starfield! *shakes fist impotently*

I made it to what feels like the end of the Ryujin questline, and holy hell what a finale! Also leveled up my Piloting to where I can get Class B now, but just about 10 more ships destroyed and I'll have Class C, so I'll probably just skip straight to building one of those. Goodbye all of my credits.

Note: The Vanguard simulator is definitely the way to go to level Piloting. I just got overly anxious to do something else and quit 10 ships shy of max.

clarky

Gold Member
Took a major break from the Main Quest to focus on the longer side Quests and progressed as far as I could in the Freestar Rangers (the mission I'm on now requires me to get a better combat ship, I'm getting destroyed by the fight there, so saving for better weapons) and playing Space Cowbot is awesome, however, go do the Ryujin questline, you play as a Digital Spy!!
Got to what i think i the last mission on the Ryujin quest last night before calling
it Really enjoy that one so far and this next mission looked epic.

Still my GOTY. 60 ish hours on the clock.

RaZoR No1

New Atlantis?

Tons of shops. Easiest is a dull yellow kiosk at the spaceport right next to your ship. You'll find tons of stores.
Wait ..
there are more shops to sell on New Atlantis?
I am constantly overloaded with things and I only found the sell machine right next to the Ship and that one Shop LW or something

Top Bottom