• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play Thursday, September 14 at 2pm PT / 5pm ET / 10pm GMT

Go_Ly_Dow

Happy Fried Chicken GIF

Laieon

Nintendo announces that the Switch successor is actually a new PSP at the direct, launching this winter. Sony details the launch games in the state of play.

Midn1ght

If the only 1P game announced at the SOP is a PC port, I think it'd finally be time for PS fans to ask if they're being treated as second-class citizens in their own ecosystem.

I mean combine that with the PS+ price increases, the May Showcase, the lack of new 1P reveals (for non-GaaS titles), continued lack of movement (seemingly) in noteworthy 3P gaming acquisitions (or partnerships that aren't SE, and those might be coming to an end sooner rather than later with the recent news), the glut of new peripherals being pushed out (even if I've warmed up to the idea of PS Portal).

It's not a great look.
Yeah, I'm happy about their PC ports but they definitely need some positive on the console side. I want to see what Bend, Sucker Punch, Naughty Dogs and TEAM Asobi are working on.

bitbydeath

Nintendo is definitely not trying to steal Sony's media time. And Sony's September events are on all kinds of different days and not always on the 14th. We literally just had a thread on the front page that treated the existence of the event as a rumor. The gaslighting around this super mild topic is unbelievable. I just thought you guys would want to talk about it.
For reference, Sony had a state of play last year September 13. It was announced September 12.

If the same timeframe is kept, we’ll get an announcement on the 13th, and it’ll be held on the 14th.
I said the above a few days back.

Aenima

Death Stranding 2 is most likely locked by Doritos Pope for The Game Awards. I just want a release date for Stellar Blade with a new trailer and im good. Rise of the Ronin would be nice too.

JordiENP

Nintendo is definitely not trying to steal Sony's media time. And Sony's September events are on all kinds of different days and not always on the 14th. We literally just had a thread on the front page that treated the existence of the event as a rumor. The gaslighting around this super mild topic is unbelievable. I just thought you guys would want to talk about it.
Nintendo is going to launch Super Mario Wonder the same day of Spiderman, they know.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
What's wrong with third parties and Indies? You guys are weird.
This year my GOTY is Armored Core VI which is 3rd party game, I don’t know what first party game from Sony I should be excited about. 99% games I’m most hype about this gen were mostly from 3rd party games.

I think quality big budget games are just getting harder and harder to make. Sucks really

1: Stop paying overpriced Hollywood writers and VAs

2: Maybe start finding alternatives to using 3D models for every single part of the graphics pipeline that isn't a texture

3: Problem (somewhat) solved.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
Wake me up when Naughty Dog unveil a game.

They're my favourite Dev but fuck me they haven't announced a new game since 2016
The only Sony first party studio that needs restructuring. God-damn awful output, with poorly allocated resources. Factions in development hell.

SSfox

Help me mods please.

I have a weird awkward bug with this thread. Like I have to always push show ignored content for this thread to show up.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Sony this year

dioa2qd.gif

Sony doesn't have anything to show. They have 18 studios, most of which are working on games with 6 - 8 year development cycles. That means studios who are 4 - 6 years into their next game still aren't ready for a reveal.

3rd parties and indies are an attempt to cover that fact up a little bit.

Temper expectations:

"Tomorrow’s broadcast will focus on updates to previously announced games coming to PlayStation consoles. From indie and PS VR2 highlights, to major upcoming titles from our third-party partners, our latest show has something for everyone!"
Borderlands 4 coming in hot.

For those who are just jumping into the thread a quick recap of what to expect tomorrow

- Follow up on existing Indies/PSVR2/Third Party
- No 1st party (Spiderman 2 Blowout Preview is on the 15th)
- 27 Minutes Runtime

TLDR - Don't be hyped.

Elios83

I hope we will see FF7 Rebirth, Rise of Ronin, Silent Hill 2 and Stellar Blade again. Kojima also seemed to be hinting at a new trailer for DS2.
This stuff + the Spiderman 2 previews on the first party front would make a great week for gaming updates.

Top Bottom