• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Apogee Throwback pack has a seperate launcher, from there you choose which of the four games you want to play instead of having four seperate games added to your library. Kinda weird. I played a bit of the original Rise of the Traid, controls are customisable but it seems to have trouble accepting multiple inputs at once. I mapped Forward to W, Backwards to S, Strafe Left to A and Strafe Right to D, when I press a direction and a strafe the camera has a tendency to pitch upwards or downwards. The Aim Up/Down buttons are currently mapped to Page Up/Down. Trying to think of a more elegant set-up.

Salsa

well my turtle beach headset broke

super off topic but has anyone tried the razer electra? I thought about going wireless but it's kinda expensive and the quality tends to suck. You can take the chord out of the Electras wich is the way my headphones ussually break so im hoping that means I can find a replacement if that happens..

razer-electra-review-headphones-design.jpg

open to suggestions otherwise, but I dont wanna spend a lot of money

v0rtikal

Was going through my Amazon library and found a unused code for Abyssal Forge DLC for Darksiders 2. Not sure if anyone still plays that game or whatever, but if you want it, quote this post.

Note: I believe it was included in the season pass, so if you have that chances are you already have Abyssal Forge.

don't have it. ;D

Bentendo

Alright... I've spent three hours looking for my G700 mouse, which I absolutely loved. I've given up and have decided to purchase a new mouse, but I'm not sure which one to get (I wouldn't mind getting the same one, but in the event that it DOES pop up someday I would prefer getting a different one). So.... which one should I get? Programmable buttons = necessary.

EDIT: HAHA, similar situation to SalsaShark... except it's a mouse... and I lost it...

Salsa

Alright... I've spent three hours looking for my G700 mouse, which I absolutely loved. I've given up and have decided to purchase a new mouse, but I'm not sure which one to get (I wouldn't mind getting the same one, but in the event that it DOES pop up someday I would prefer getting a different one). So.... which one should I get? Programmable buttons = necessary.

EDIT: HAHA, similar situation to SalsaShark... except it's a mouse... and I lost it...

G5 dude

best non-MX518 mouse

Amzin

super off topic but has anyone tried the razer electra? I thought about going wireless but it's kinda expensive and the quality tends to suck. You can take the chord out of the Electras wich is the way my headphones ussually break so im hoping that means I can find a replacement if that happens..

I really like my Superlux 668B's and they have a replaceable cord (unless the little dongle by the earpiece breaks... but it shouldn't). Even comes with two different length cords. They are comfy and the sound is just about the best for the price point on Amazon.

Edit: Looks like it's basically the same price as the Electra and it comes with my recommendation (plus a bunch from the peeps in the $500 cans thread in OT)

Salsa

I really like my Superlux 668B's and they have a replaceable cord (unless the little dongle by the earpiece breaks... but it shouldn't). Even comes with two different length cords. They are comfy and the sound is just about the best for the price point on Amazon.

Edit: Looks like it's basically the same price as the Electra and it comes with my recommendation (plus a bunch from the peeps in the $500 cans thread in OT)

We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order.

fuckin amazon

Get a good pair of headphones, and a Blue Snowball desk mic. That'll save you money and accomplish similar goals.

Amzin

We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order.

fuckin amazon

That sucks. I didn't realize the Electra has a mic though, the Superlux doesn't (I just use a desktop mic or webcam mic so don't need one on my headphones).

Grief.exe

Razer Naga Series?

No, bad sensor.

Difficult for me to recommend any Razer product besides the death adder with a straight face.

The best, low price, gaming headphones are Superlux, Grado, and AD700s.

Check out what you can get shipped to you.

We actually convinced a guy the other night to the side of amazing audio quality. He was dead set on some A40's and he ended up with something so much better, I better PM him and see what he ended up with. Make sure he didn't backslide back to overpriced garbage.

That sucks. I didn't realize the Electra has a mic though, the Superlux doesn't (I just use a desktop mic or webcam mic so don't need one on my headphones).

Good, stay away from headsets.

God damn it, the recent Nvidia driver update erased all of my custom resolutions. What a pain.

Ya that always happens.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Ah yeees. Convincing more people to get actual headphones instead of gaming headsets? Good man.

I love my HE-400s and ATH-ESW9As so much

Exuro

No, bad sensor.

Difficult for me to recommend any Razer product besides the death adder with a straight face.

The best, low price, gaming headphones are Superlux, Grado, and AD700s.

Check out what you can get shipped to you.

We actually convinced a guy the other night to the side of amazing audio quality. He was dead set on some A40's and he ended up with something so much better, I better PM him and see what he ended up with. Make sure he didn't backslide back to overpriced garbage.

Good, stay away from headsets.

Ya that always happens.
Are ad700s normally $99? Amazon lists the retail price at $249 with that as the sale price but for all I know it's always like that.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Are ad700s normally $99? Amazon lists the retail price at $249 with that as the sale price but for all I know it's always like that.

According to the Camelizer, they've been ~$100 for the past few years.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I gotta say, the Counter-Strike:GO Workshop exemplifies the whole idea of the cream rising to the top. I love checking it at least once a week because the most popular each week default view guarantees me 1-2 really solid maps with great production quality to dick around with bots on.

Milamber

I swivel from the wrist when I use my mouse and I palm the mouse completely. No way I can launch mine off. Am I doing it wrong?

Grief.exe

Yes, headphones are always like that.
I bought mine about 3 years ago for $70 and the base price was like $300 back then. There was no sale, $70 was basically the base price. The reason they went up to $99 is because people found out how good they were for gaming.

I actually have no idea why they do this.

it's 7/2 and no previews for this, this port better be good...

I find it interesting, and one of the reasons I posted that.

We knew the official release date, but really have had no official confirmation, followup, or news besides that Twitter post.

Grief.exe

I just did this myself, might help you guys as well.

If you want to keep track of all of your Humble Keys, but never made an account, or deleted the emails.

Go here to resend all of your keys to your email: http://www.humblebundle.com/?s=resender

QiFGRMy.png

Enter your email, they will send you a link to all of the humble bundles you have purchased.

Click each link, go to the top right hand corner, and click claim page.

This will allow you to check which keys you have used.

This is going to be my first Summer Sale. (Finally got involved with Steam a few days ago, best gaming decision I ever made, haven't touched my consoles since)

Is the Summer Sale just discounts or are new games released as well, like how Summer of Arcade works on XBLA? I guess on Steam, it would be Greenlit games.

m.gorecki

Hi all,
My first real post here.

Just looked through my Humble Collection and had a few unused Steam keys I wanted to give away:

Waking Mars
Cave Story+
Red Faction: Argmaggedon (with DLC)
Darksiders 1

Quote the game that you want, and I will PM you with the key.

EDIT: all done

DTKT

Killing Floor is having it's Summer themed event. It's usually pretty close to the actual Steam sale.

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

equil

Hi all,
My first real post here.

Just looked through my Humble Collection and had a few unused Steam keys I wanted to give away:

Waking Mars
Cave Story+
Darksiders 1

Red faction plz

jtb

Banned
Hi all,
My first real post here.

Waking Mars
Cave Story+
Darksiders 1

cave story please?

AHA-Lambda

Hi all,
My first real post here.

Waking Mars
Cave Story+
Darksiders 1

Waking mars please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom