• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
They patched it as well didn't they ? I know it was released in a pretty bad state but got a few patches.

I believe they did, yes. It ran perfectly through the entire game for me.

I use Omikron Steam Category Utility, it was made by a GAF member too.

Ah I had no idea about that one. Depressurizer worked nice too. Allowed me to simply get rid of all my categories once and for all. I may check this one out.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
You get a mystery card for every badge you craft. People seem to be buying cards now (watching the prices for a few go up as the cheap ones get bought out) so they can craft mystery cards and sell them. Probably gonna be something related to the summer event.

Every badge? Time to make some money.

Grief.exe

You take that back.
System Shock 2 is a masterpiece, what I played on the 360 of Alan Wake before I gave up in disgust (about halfway after I got stuck at a checkpoint with only a handful of bullets and no way to get more right before I got swamped by shadows every time) was a rather mediocre wave shooter that could have been so much better if they're just stuck with the atmospheric adventure bit and removed the stupid shooty bang bang filler with bad ammo distribution.

Ill agree with you on System Shock 2. Its a masterpiece that still holds up today.

I disagree on Alan Wake. I actually had no issues on Nightmare with ammo. OFC I was playing on PC so I would never miss.

You could tell certain segments of the level design were designed around scarce ammo and too many enemies.
They would always provide plenty of flairs, propane, lights, etc to get you through the area. Then a large safe area light/save point at the end.
So you would use the deterrence items, conserve ammo, and get through to the end.

since there's nothing in the OP about it anymore, what's the fastest/safest third party software for bulk moving stuff into categories?

Ill get that back in the OP Stump. Didn't intentionally remove that information.

What country are you in? The game is Steamworks so it should be fine.

Probably violence, not region.

KingKong

Damin... I just want to know why this card is so very very mysterious. To craft, to sell, to buy? GabeN, what should I do?

wait for a ton of cards to flood the market and lower the price, then buy a bunch before the Summer Sale starts and it turns out you can craft these into mystery badges that give you presents

Caerith

Damit! I just want to know why this card is so very very mysterious. To craft, to sell, to buy? GabeN, what should I do?
You'll probably need it to craft the summer sale badge, with cards you get from other things like achievement hunts, linking your facebook profile to your account for the fifth time, and making stupid "for card" posts on the community site.

So, at most, you'll only need 5 of these. Sell now if you can, the bottom's dropping on the market pretty fast (went from $2.80 to $2.20 in five minutes).

derExperte

I designed the Skulls set (with the guy who's sitting next to me) and we're utterly fascinated how the economy works on this kind of thing. Glad you like em!

Nice. :) Just got the Bridge Battle one. Great stuff, it's almost too nice to sell, I think I'll use the picture as my desktop wallpaper. And done.

Also I haven't played the game much yet but after reading the article on RPS about it's troubled development (which basically prompted me to buy it) I hope Skulls now gets some recognition.

Turfster

Ill agree with you on System Shock 2. Its a masterpiece that still holds up today.

I disagree on Alan Wake. I actually had no issues on Nightmare with ammo. OFC I was playing on PC so I would never miss.

You could tell certain segments of the level design were designed around scarce ammo and too many enemies.
They would always provide plenty of flairs, propane, lights, etc to get you through the area. Then a large safe area light/save point at the end.
So you would use the deterrence items, conserve ammo, and get through to the end.

Well, the fact that I can't aim for shit with a 360 controller didn't help, but it really did just checkpoint me in a place right before I would be surrounded with not enough ammo, so I gave up.
I'll try again with the pc version, hopefully an actual aiming device will help.

Most of these coupons are going to go bye-bye tomorrow. PM if any of them are of use to you.

25% OFF Dungeon Hearts (Expired)
33% OFF Euro Truck Simulator 2 (Expired)
33% OFF Strike Suit Zero
33% OFF Rush Bros
50% OFF Warlock - Master of the Arcane
50% OFF Sniper Elite (Expired)
50% OFF Orcs Must Die! 2
50% OFF Defenders of Ardania (Expired)
66% OFF Awesomenauts
66% OFF Awesomenauts
66% OFF Fallen Enchantress (Expired)
90% OFF Hamilton's Great Adventure

I demand retroactive Mystery Cards

I was just thinking that. It's a bit of cockslapintheface for people that have already crafted a bunch.

derExperte

GMG status report: http://blog.playfire.com/2013/07/progress-update-july-3rd.html

Hi - sorry about this evening - we had a significant hardware failure while running at 20 times the traffic of our normal average for this time of year.

Secondly, we have cancelled the other free game giveaways we were going to run - we'll look at doing these at some point after the sale, so it doesn't stop those wanting the deals - we know a lot of you want free games, but we've had a lot of feedback that recommends we put back the free games so you can pick up the titles you've been waiting for a discount on, and this is exactly what we're going to do.

Good decision.

derExperte

Not sure if I can activate it on my account and play online. Couldn't activate a Saints Row 3 uncut edition on my account when I got it gifted.

Use VPN.

That's weird. I've gifted a lot of stuff to Germany (including Saints Row) without issue. I thought the law was simply that you couldn't buy it, not that you couldn't activate or own it.

Correct and 99.5% work without a problem. For the rest you may need VPN but after that everything's fine. I don't know any game that, after you have it in your account, stops you from playing.

Tomodachi

Going for 1.35€ 1.30€ right now. I love seeing prices cash when I'm not putting one of them myself!

I hope they go for less than an euro tomorrow. It would be cheaper than crafting some badges. A man can dream!

Isn't 1.30 already cheaper than crafting? You'd have to buy 9 cards for less than an average of 0.15€ each to make a profit off the mystery card. Then again, there are badges with less than 9 cards but prices per cards are usually higher for those.

Caerith

Correct and 99.5% work without a problem. For the rest you may need VPN but after that everything's fine. I don't know any game that, after you have it in your account, stops you from playing.
You'd only be prevented from playing if it had something like GFWL that doesn't like certain countries, right?

They need to stop using system traffic as an excuse. GMG is notoriously awful when it comes to moderately high traffic. Someone didn't do their math correct when seeing what their servers could handle.

Are cards bugged? 51 minutes in Gratuitous Space Whatever and only one drop. I even restarted the game once.

Were you expecting them to drop at the same time?

So I guess card drops are ultra random? I've been playing super meat boy for a couple hours and I haven't had any drops. I've still got two more drops left for it.

Isn't 1.30 already cheaper than crafting? You'd have to buy 9 cards for less than an average of 0.15€ each to make a profit off the card. Then again, there are badges with less than 9 cards but prices per cards are usually higher for those.

3r5t2b.jpg

I've also stopped selling cards since it was obvious crafting would be part of the Summer sale metagame, so I have like half the FTL and Isaac's sets, plus some random ones from other sets.

I'm not sure if I should sell those or if I should sit on them since prices may go up once people know what mystery cards are actually for...

EDIT: 1.18€ now. Excellent.

EDIT 2: One bloke is selling his card for 0.99€. Burn, prices, burn!

EDIT 3: Welp. I guess someone is hoarding cards now, since the prices went up to +1.30€ and a bunch of cards have been sold. FUCK.

Turfster

So I guess card drops are ultra random? I've been playing super meat boy for a couple hours and I haven't had any drops. I've still got two more drops left for it.

They've been coming pretty regularly every 40 minutes here like before, so I think you need to restart your steam or something.

derExperte

You'd only be prevented from playing if it had something like GFWL that doesn't like certain countries, right?

That could happen if you're in a "no GFWL at all"-region. But even then at least offline mode should work.

There'e one exception to what I wrote: More and more russian versions are region locked and those won't run if Steam detects a wrong IP but that's a whole other issue not related to Germany.

Tomodachi

Were you expecting them to drop at the same time?
I'm not sure I follow, are you asking if I'm idling more than one game at a time? In this case, nope, only Gratuitous is open.
Or are you saying that 51 minutes is too little for dropping more than one card? I've usually dropped every droppable card in about one hour per game (3-5 cards).

BTW the second card dropped while I was writing this! :p 60 minutes or so or idling.

EDIT: also, reading the previous posts it might be that they made the dropping ratio much more random than it was the first weeks.

Saiyan-Rox

i see that Dust: An Elysian Tail is on sale, anyone played and got any comments about it?

watched the video and it seemed like a very colourful fun sidscroller but rather have peoples opinions first before diving in :)

They've been coming pretty regularly every 40 minutes here like before, so I think you need to restart your steam or something.

It couldn't hurt to try but I don't think it'll help because I was playing for more then an hour yesterday for blocks that matter AND super meat boy and didn't get any. Dunno whats up with my drops =(

i see that Dust: An Elysian Tail is on sale, anyone played and got any comments about it?

watched the video and it seemed like a very colourful fun sidscroller but rather have peoples opinions first before diving in :)

consensus here is to buy it. I picked it up yesterday as well. Very good so far and made by a fellow GAFer.

Review on Steam :

HoosTrax said:
Can't recommend this game enough:

- Most satisfying day-one purchase I've made in some time, topping Fez even
- The game is the full package - art, music, gameplay, story
- Scratches that Metroidvania itch very nicely - best game of this genre I've played since 2008's Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
- The main character handles incredibly gracefully and smoothly, making combat feel like a ballet

Approximate length: roughly 15 hours to 100%

Caerith

That could happen if you're in a "no GFWL at all"-region. But even then at least offline mode should work.

There'e one exception to what I wrote: More and more russian versions are region locked and those won't run if Steam detects a wrong IP but that's a whole other issue not related to Germany.
Yeah, that's how I figured. As much as I don't like the way US laws are headed, at least we don't have Germany's "no sell" law on violent video games or Australia's ban on small boobs.

Allow me to draw you a Venn diagram showing the overlap of "people who have played Dust" and "people who really enjoyed Dust":

O

Grief.exe

Its been a pretty solid recommend from everyone so far.

r3n4ud

Welcome from out under that rock :p

Does anyone have a link to that website that has all of the card art/backgrounds/badge images? I forgot to bookmark it when it was posted last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom