• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case you were not aware, you can idle your games to get the badges.
You know, in case you've already finished your games and don't feel like replaying them.
Just leave it minimized while browsing the web or when you're off to work.
I know this might be obvious, but perhaps not to all.

On another note, what is this mystery card business, does anyone know what it is? I'm planning just to sell off all my cards and get a few sheckels for them...even if it's at $0.25 a pop...

Hellix

On another note, what is this mystery card business, does anyone know what it is? I'm planning just to sell off all my cards and get a few sheckels for them...even if it's at $0.25 a pop...

I have a feeling it'll be something like the coal crafting from the older winter sales.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Wait, why is Endless Space on the Trading Cards update?

That game already had cards.

I think it was never officially mentioned last week that it had cards, so instead of giving it its own announcement or editing the last one they included it in this week's update.

I dunno, I thought it strange too. They even edited it into the list after the thing was posted.

derExperte

Wait, why is Endless Space on the Trading Cards update?

That game already had cards.

Didn't it get them last Friday out of nowhere? It wasn't during the usual update and was there even an announcement by Valve? Maybe that's the reason.

Do you think Civilization V: Brave New World will be on sale during the Summer Sale? It's 10% off right now.

The release is friday next week. I don't think they'll want to piss everyone who preordered it off.

DTKT

If it's indeed tied to the crafting, then anyone who hasn't spend any of the card drops is has a really big advantage over everyone else.

That's kind of shitty.

I guess the mystery cards will be for something like the Summer-Sale Metagame.

Like coal or the thing 3 years ago, where you could buy some DLC and cosmetic-items for it.

Tomodachi

Nah, you can use google translate though. I don't know a single word of spanish/portugese (see?), but I was able to register and checkout fine.
I managed to go through the purchase, thanks for the heads up on the deal. Actually, portuguese is very similar to italian (which is my language) and the whole process was much simpler than I thought at first.

Digoman

I actually was looking for such a site earlier today, thanks!
Do the XP limit, to reach next level, rise at level 20?
Kinda feels like I have to craft one more badge for the next level now.

It does. From the FAQ:
How many badges do I need to increase my Steam Level?
When you get started, each badge you craft will increase your level. Most badges give 100 XP, and it takes 100 XP to get to the next level. The amount needed to level up increases every 10 levels, meaning after Steam Level 10 you'll need 200XP per level, after level 20 you'll need 300XP per level, etc.

Also, steamexchange is a nice site and a fair bot that doesn't apply 90% to the value of your sales.

I totally forgot that game was coming out.

No reviews on it yet? Usually that's a bad sign.
Yeah, it was just released in my region.

No reviews is what kind of makes me wanna pick it up though. Knowing nothing about a game beforehand is pretty rare these days, and I like to give it the benefit of the doubt. Kind of pricey though. And I'm in the middle of too many games as it is, so might have to let this one go.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
So HVS didn't screw up the MK port? Now I'm starting to wish Konami would let them port ZOE over.

Cth

If it's indeed tied to the crafting, then anyone who hasn't spend any of the card drops is has a really big advantage over everyone else.

That's kind of shitty.

Unless it's affected by levels, which are earned by crafting badges.

(Sort of how you couldn't get foil cards during the beta unless you were level 10 or more)

Maybe you just craft coupons the lower your level, and possibly at higher levels games which would encourage people to craft more badges.

So basically, buy low while you can, cause if that happens, the market has a chance of getting a boost.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Some popular games do that. Some FTL ones are still at .40

Most of the games that have been in bundles are at the bottom price wise, due to there being a lot of copies around. FTL has not, so I would expect them to stay pretty steady.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
War of the Roses cards are pretty high still, going for about 60 cents including valve tax. Managed to get my Alan Wake badge finished and I still have a card left to go. I'll probably end up a few cents above where I was before I started getting the Alan Wake cards.

Damn I love this market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom