• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

PriitV

CBpMfCm.png

What is the point of buying and selling profile backgrounds when you can just select one from the list?

It's enhanced steam feature

Chronoja

This Steam pipe stuff is pretty annoying. I was in the mood to play TF2. Nope converting to Steam pipe, that took so long I couldn't be bothered to play. Come back another day, nope gotta perform some more updates.

I know it's probably a one off we need permission to make changes to your PC kind of deal but fuck this stuff is meant to be done when I am idle.

If it was done while you were idling you'd be complaining that steam is eating up your system resources with processes you have no interest in or didn't request. Suffer the one time update with some dignity, come on now.

Jørdan

I'm lvl11 and it's not there in my profile edit options.

Really, huh? I was using one at level 6 so I incorrectly assumed that if you were in the beta you could use one, sorry. After all you receive them from crafting and trades, do you have one in your inventory, maybe the option is disabled unless there is one to select? I'll hunt around and see if I can find the answer.

Hawkie

Re: backgrounds. Pretty sure if there's not one in your inventory then you don't have option. I did have the option, sold the background, now don't have the option.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I got a Dr Fetus background from Super Meat Boy. Probably will switch it out for something a little classier if I ever craft another badge.

It's enhanced steam feature

Do you have to have a background already to have the option available? I'm not seeing it with Enhanced Steam in Firefox. Nevermind, I can't read.

Also that A:CM deal is $20 before rebate unfortunately. Jesus, I really can't read today.

Jørdan

Re: backgrounds. Pretty sure if there's not one in your inventory then you don't have option. I did have the option, sold the background, now don't have the option.

Thanks, yeah you need to have a background in your inventory in order for the option to show. I put mine up for sale which removes them from your inventory and the background option is no longer there. Can understand why it would be confusing.

Zia

I had a nice Vengeful Spirit background up, but it made me look like a teenage boy ("Fantasy breasssssssts.") so I cut into my Summer Sale fund, crafted a Portal 2 badge and received a background full of sentries which I'm currently sporting. Good work, Valve.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Lovely backgrounds...

Need more Borderlands backgrounds but don't wanna spend for it.

This reminds me, I need to finish off the Community Ambassador badge. Steam tells me I unlocked the badge some time ago, but I'm fairly sure I didn't get the XP bonus, presumably due to the fact that I haven't actually completed all the tasks.

Tomodachi

I'd buy the shit out of some Hotline Miami's backgrounds
said the guy who thinks spending time or money on a digital profile is for crazy people

Is there a list of all the games with cards?

I wish there was a place that listed the games you owned that had cards. The 'Badge' section only seems to show recently (like, 1 week) played games.

This reminds me, I need to finish off the Community Ambassador badge. Steam tells me I unlocked the badge some time ago, but I'm fairly sure I didn't get the XP bonus, presumably due to the fact that I haven't actually completed all the tasks.

I don't think you need to do all of them. I got the badge and think I didn't do like 2 or 3 of the items.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
quote to see a hidden stealth bastard key

Was nice to get Aquaria cheap since that hasn't gone on sale in an age.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd actually play Aquaria if it were to receive cards. I never did finish the game back in the day.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Wait what, The Secret World is by the same people that made The Longest Journey & Dreamfall?!
Suddenly, my interest rises.

Megasoum

Banned
Guys...I think I'm running back toward the lights...

I made a PS4 pre-order last week with the intent on getting the PS4 in november, then a couple of months later buy a new video card to replace my 570 and then a couple of months later maybe buy a XB1....

But now that I'm thinking about it, all the games I want to play this fall are actually coming out on pc so I think I'll switch the first two items around...

Turfster

So, Dreamfall with topless women.

If it's really like Conan, it's more like "The first 5% is Dreamfall with topless women and blood, but the other 95% is a barren contentless wasteland." (No, I'm not still bitter they got me to preorder back then with their lies, why?)

Addnan

Guys...I think I'm running back toward the lights...

I made a PS4 pre-order last week with the intent on getting the PS4 in november, then a couple of months later buy a new video card to replace my 570 and then a couple of months later maybe buy a XB1....

But now that I'm thinking about it, all the games I want to play this fall are actually coming out on pc so I think I'll switch the first two items around...
Just buy it all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom