• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazo

This reminds me, I need to finish off the Community Ambassador badge. Steam tells me I unlocked the badge some time ago, but I'm fairly sure I didn't get the XP bonus, presumably due to the fact that I haven't actually completed all the tasks.

how do you get the Community Ambassador badge ?

I only have the Pillar of Community witch is only 100xp ..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
how do you get the Community Ambassador badge ?

I only have the Pillar of Community witch is only 100xp ..

Assuming you're in the TCG beta, you need to complete the additional tasks that the Ambassador badge requires. Find the Community badge in the badges section of your profile to see what needs to be done.

Grief.exe

Go Home Dinosaurs is slowly recovering

Its the way the demand works.

People who just want to sell the cards put them up immediately, then race to the bottom of the prices. But the funny thing is, no one is buying.

The demand doesn't kick in for about 24-48 hours since the people who want to create the badge have to idle and find what cards they need.

Guys...I think I'm running back toward the lights...

I made a PS4 pre-order last week with the intent on getting the PS4 in november, then a couple of months later buy a new video card to replace my 570 and then a couple of months later maybe buy a XB1....

But now that I'm thinking about it, all the games I want to play this fall are actually coming out on pc so I think I'll switch the first two items around...

There really is no reason to get a console for a long time.

Titanfall - confirmed PC
BF4 - confirmed PC
Watch Dogs - confirmed PC
The Witness - exclusivity deal only applies to consoles
The Witcher 3 - aawwww ya
Dark Souls II - confirmed PC
Division - probably coming to PC
Destiny - probably coming to PC
GTA V - probably coming to PC
MGS V - probably coming to PC

Titanfall - confirmed PC
BF4 - confirmed PC

The only real reason to get a console is if you don't want to wait. Most of the 'probably coming to PC' aren't for a while.

That said, that's a pretty gat damn good list.

People who just want to sell the cards put them up immediately, then race to the bottom of the prices. But the funny thing is, no one is buying.

The demand doesn't kick in for about 24-48 hours since the people who want to create the badge have to idle and find what cards they need.

Titanfall - confirmed PC
BF4 - confirmed PC

Still want one for Sony exclusives plus I don't feel like waiting for Destiny, division, mgsv.

Zia

Do you guys suppose the Steam mobile app has been abandoned? I notice it hasn't been updated since January (on iOS), and I think I remember a handful of the layoffs earlier this year being employees toying with Android. It'd be a shame, if so -- it's an intuitive, polished little thing but some more robust functionality would be nice.

Megasoum

Banned
Still want one for Sony exclusives plus I don't feel like waiting for Destiny, division, mgsv.

Yeah pretty much... but since all those games are coming out in 2014 I can still get the card first and a PS4 in the spring for those games + Infamous.

And can't wait for GTA, I'll get it for PS3 in september...and probably double dip once it's out on PC.

Grief.exe

The only real reason to get a console is if you don't want to wait. Most of the 'probably coming to PC' aren't for a while.

I'm predicting the same thing as well. I think the PC versions are going to trail the console versions for a little bit.

Fine with me, I have a backlog anyways.

I'll probably be picking up a PS4 eventually.

I've learned a few things from observing this console generation from the outside. One of them is that Sony produces some quality IPs from their studios, I've been slowly picking up the best titles off of Craigslist and I'm going to eventually invest in a Slim.
They also give their full support to their systems. Case in point, PS3 is having one of its best years and they are releasing the PS4 this year.

As for Microsoft, I've noticed that I don't think I'm even in their demographic. They seem to be targeting the 13-26, male, lowest-common denominator. Though I'm in the age and match the correct hormones, I think my tastes have progressed far beyond hold LT to ADS and make blood come out, bro #YOLO.
They also have horrible support for their consoles. They've essentially left 360 in the dust a couple years ago, the original Xbox died on the operating table, and the irony is they are behind in support for the Xbox One.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Do you guys suppose the Steam mobile app has been abandoned? I notice it hasn't been updated since January (on iOS), and I think I remember a handful of the layoffs earlier this year being employees toying with Android. It'd be a shame, if so -- it's an intuitive, polished little thing but some more robust functionality would be nice.
Wasn't the app made by the same company that made Facebook's app? I wonder how many people they had working on it internally in the first place.

Does anyone knows why KISS: Psycho Circus - The Nightmare Child isn't on Steam?

arachnaclown.jpeg

I remember playing it when it came out and it was fun

The biggest reason I will still buy a ps4 is PS+. That service is almost too good to be true, I haven't bought a ps3 game in over a year thanks to it. Exclusives are great too ofcourse.

Grief.exe

I'm about to go dip in on Scrolls over at Mojang. Game just looks interesting, and will probably have some serious depth down the line.

I just miss Steam tracking how much time I've played and achievements.

rybrad

Catching up on my games that have trading card drops and I get 4 Locksmith cards from Monaco, thanks a lot Steam.

It has Aquaria. If you like Metroidvania then this is a good bundle
If someone only wants the bundle for Aquaria I have a key they can have.

Titanfall - confirmed PC
BF4 - confirmed PC

There's no KH or Final Fantasy :( I'd sacrifice all the indie games on steam to get the new KH on PC.

morningbus

There's no KH or Final Fantasy :( I'd sacrifice all the indie games on steam to get the new KH on PC.
I imagine that if Sliders was still going and making episodes the world where you hold dominion over videogames would be a cliffhanger season finale where you aren't sure if they'll slide out in time.

Joe Molotov

Does anyone knows why KISS: Psycho Circus - The Nightmare Child isn't on Steam?

arachnaclown.jpeg

I remember playing it when it came out and it was fun

It's a fairly obscure game that there's probably not a lot of demand for, and also it's a licensed game that's over 10 years old so if someone did want to release it on Steam/GOG, they'd probably have to re-license the KISS band likenesses AND the Todd McFarlane comic that it's actually based on.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
That's a scary thought.
Don't get me wrong, I really like Kingdom Hearts and three is very welcome. But it's the eight game already. No more independent developed games to satisfy the hunger of your keyblade. :/

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It has Aquaria. If you like Metroidvania then this is a good bundle

The Aquaria I played in iPad kinda... sucks tho :/

I was interested in Organ Trail if it plays like Oregon Trail.

I'm still laughing at people lauding at Final Fantasy when they have shown bummers since FFXIII.

As for KH? I lost interest the moment they shifted focus on what made them charming (Disney worlds) into something that made me want to bash my head against the wall (yaoi and teenage drivel story).

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Weekend Steam deals and new trading card games in 1 hour.

New Humble Bundle weekly in two hours.

Soon enough my entire day will be filled with Steam nonsense.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
If they release FFXV PC it will mean I won't have many reasons to be getting a PS4 anytime soon, so I really hope they do it. Won't hold my breath because lol j-developer decisions, but for now I don't know what it will take for them not to do it, they keep mentioning it and they'll have a PC version running when it's done anyway.

I'm still laughing at people lauding at Final Fantasy when they have shown bummers since FFXIII.
Helps that it's a different team developing it. Even if I discount everything that's appealing to me about XV, the Nomura and Tabata combo instead of Kitase and Toriyama is reason enough to keep anyone who's a fan of the genre looking forward to it.

It's a fairly obscure game that there's probably not a lot of demand for, and also it's a licensed game that's over 10 years old so if someone did want to release it on Steam/GOG, they'd probably have to re-license the KISS band likenesses AND the Todd McFarlane comic that it's actually based on.

So It's almost impossibru to see this game, well I have good memories about it :D

Thank you!

Gene Simmons will want more money.

And Todd McFarlane too!

They've been bummers since VII for me, with an exception for IX.

As for KH? I lost interest the moment they shifted focus on what made them charming (Disney worlds) into something that made me want to bash my head against the wall (yaoi and teenage drivel story).
Indeed. The series is unbearable now thanks to the anime trash.

Nzyme32

I'd love to think that secretly Valve have had some dialog going with developers about their PC and steambox plans for quite some time and that at some point soon they'll just announce a bunch of games such as the Division, Destiny, GTA V and MGS V are indeed all going to be available on PC via steam/steambox. That would be a good day.... a man can dream

The Aquaria I played in iPad kinda... sucks tho :/

I was interested in Organ Trail if it plays like Oregon Trail.

I liked FFXIII 1 and 2 :/

morningbus

Does anyone knows why ChexQuest isn't on Steam?

iTohCY31AViNY.png

Side note: that image of the KISS game is apparently hosted on a website called Horrible Games.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
SE so weird. They give us VII sort of remake and 14 ARR but why don't we get 13,13-2,XV
VII had an old PC port sitting around (they outsourced the work on the current port too) and XIV is a MMO. The thing with XV is that from what they said in interviews they'll already have a functional PC version running when they start downporting it to PS4/Xbone, so unless they think there's some misguided financial risk on a PC release there's no reason for them not to do it. XIII and XIII-2 would require doing even more porting work on the games and both are old news now, so I can see why they won't bother (for now).

Please don't stereotype, geez. I'm not a fan of anime even slightly and I love the games.
Yep, most entries in the series still have great gameplay (BbS is king).

I'm about to go dip in on Scrolls over at Mojang. Game just looks interesting, and will probably have some serious depth down the line.

I just miss Steam tracking how much time I've played and achievements.

Would be curious to know your thoughts after some time in it. Have been thinking about jumping in for a while.

supernatural_confusedbdy5p.gif

Grief.exe

VII had an old PC port sitting around (they outsourced the work on the current port too) and 14 is a MMO. The thing with 15 is that from what they said in interviews they'll already have a functional PC version running when they start downporting it to PS4/Xbone, so unless they think there's some misguided financial risk on a PC release there's no reason for them not to do it. 13 and 13-2 would require doing even more porting work on the games and both are old news now, so I can see why they won't bother (for now).

Square Japan in charge of business decisions though.

They have been basically running the company into the ground with the investments on XIII Versus and XV for the last several years.

Demanding ridiculous sales targets from games, and blaming them on their quarterly reports for the losses undertaken by the company.

Releasing FFVII on PC, only on their store and riddled with DRM.

Completely cancelling IO's other projects and firing half of the staff because of Hitman Absolution sales numbers. Which I'm sure are partially due to the massive game play changes and homogenization to the series, which Square of Japan probably demanded.

Spreading the KH series across multiple platforms, making those iterations exclusive, each successive game's story is based on the last game, wonder why the sales fall off a cliff.

FFXIII and FFXIII-2 are objectively poor games that cost the company huge investments.

FFXV was a complete, rushed joke at release.

Nabs

I wouldn't want a Chex game anywhere near my Steam list. Now, a Crispix game? Yeah, I'd pre-order that.

So the No Time To Explain guys are publishing this game on Steam called Speedrunners. It looks like it's made in flash, but it isn't. There's multiplayer (local/online) and you can swing around. That's all I needed to hear. http://tinybuild.com/speedrunners

It looks neat, and it skipped GL by hopping on with the NTTE guys. I guess if you already have a game on Steam, there's a chance you can skip GL.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wouldn't want a Chex game anywhere near my Steam list. Now, a Crispix game? Yeah, I'd pre-order that.

So the No Time To Explain guys are publishing this game on Steam called Speedrunners. It looks like it's made in flash, but it isn't. There's multiplayer (local/online) and you can swing around. That's all I needed to hear. http://tinybuild.com/speedrunners

It looks neat, and it skipped GL by hopping on with the NTTE guys. I guess if you already have a game on Steam, there's a chance you can skip GL.

We've known this since SCS released the original Euro Truck Sim through the traditional channel back in March. The issue is that Valve seems to decide which games can skip Greenlight versus which must trudge through it again by tossing a coin -- it's completely ridiculous that a greenlit game giving the developer/publisher free passage isn't standard policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom