• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Just in case no one else posted it yet.

LO20D82.jpg

Love the little touch of the surgeon holding the tools like a goofball.

lol that's great

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Can somebody explain to me why Hotline Miami is so revered?

Every video I've checked out on the gameplay seems a bit unappealing to me.
It's like the speed and easy retry of SMB, the developed precision (yet with variety and freedom) ass-whooping skill of God Hand, but in that overhead format usually reserved for pure shooters. Yet...

You have to play it to understand the appeal. It's very empowering.

Thanks for the replies on Hotline Miami, I would multi-quote, but I'm on mobile.

I may try it at some point, but the overhead beat 'em up style doesn't really seem like something I'd be able to enjoy too much.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How can you even gift Jase anything these days?

He's truly the man with everything.

TimeShift is my white whale. Unless Acti decides to put it on sale sooner, it'll be my very last purchase of the Summer Sale. I like to think that paying full price for the Kingdoms of Amalur DLC was a grooming session for later begrudgingly purchasing a 2007 title at $11. :p

Thanks for the replies on Hotline Miami, I would multi-quote, but I'm on mobile.

I may try it at some point, but the overhead beat 'em up style doesn't really seem like something I'd be able to enjoy too much.

Its essentially a murder simulator. If you don't like pixelated blood, I would avoid.

eyeless

fuuuck just bought mini ninjas from gamersgate assuming it was steam and right after the order was completed realized "you dumb motherfucker you didn't check if it was steam" i knew then that i was already dead

checked the page.. securom

2.50 down the drain

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
One of these days a publisher sale will end with a -75% firesale on its entire catalogue.

It's pretty far removed from being my thing as well, and I fell in love with that game. It's odd in that seeing screenshots, or watching someone else play it didn't do anything for me either, but once I started playing, it all made sense. I'm a big adventure game guy, and tend to avoid super fast action games. Pick it up on a sale sometime and give it a go.

The Steam achievements for Bioshock 2 aren't active yet. Been getting the GFWL ones but the corresponding Steam ones haven't been unlocking. I'm assuming that roughly around the Steam summer sale Bioshock 2 will be on sale and the patch and newly added DLC will be a feature of said sale.

Bioshock 2's turning out to be a real corridor crawler.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I have I coupon for surgeon simulator 2013 / Bad bots / Fallen enchantress / Evoland / Defense grid: The Awakening / Super Sanctum TD to give away. That it's all.

BTW I'm expecting HL3 to be released this year, IM LOOKING AT YOU JC.

catabarez

I have I coupon for surgeon simulator 2013 / Bad bots / Fallen enchantress / Evoland / Defense grid: The Awakening / Super Sanctum TD to give away. That it's all.

Could I get Surgeon Simulator?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
To that end, if your GAF name or Steam name is on this list, congratulations, note it down somewhere that you don't have to worry about buying the next instalment of Half-Life... should it, well, actually materialise (alternative arrangements will be made should Valve shrivel up and die):
Xelios

Aww! How sweet. =)

derExperte

What do you mean by coupon? A rebate? Was going to buy Evoland but if you have one for more than 50% off... Would take one for Fallen Enchantress too.

graywolf323

This is going to seem weird, but, in the interest of actually being able to live up to my word, I need to draw a cut-off point... and, well, it's now.

Some time ago, I said this:

At first, I thought I'd just have some sort of fun activity-based giveaway, but later, since a kind GAFer gifted me Rage and I lacked the funds to respond in kind, I thought it'd be more fair if I simply offered a copy of the game (HL3 or its equivalent, not Rage) to those who'd gifted me something... but, as time passed, it dawned on me that differentiating between those who'd gifted me an item out of their own kindness versus those who'd, say, helped me avoid the Aussie Tax, would take forever, so I ultimately settled on just offering everyone who has ever gifted me something -- anything -- on Steam a copy of the game.

Recent inspection has lead me to discover that the list has grown to a number a little higher than I had expected, so I thought it best to draw the line now, lest I fall short of my intention.

To that end, if your GAF name or Steam name is on this list, congratulations, note it down somewhere that you don't have to worry about buying the next instalment of Half-Life... should it, well, actually materialise (alternative arrangements will be made should Valve shrivel up and die):

Gray Wolf
While I've made every effort to ensure I didn't skip anybody, if you feel you're missing from the list and can prove you've gifted me something (view your inventory, click "Pending gifts" and then "View gift history"), I'll double-check on my end and add you accordingly.

Merry Slap-me-in-the-face-if-HL3-skips-HL2s-10th-Anniversary-mas.

awesome man :) thanks

derExperte

Cant use it while its on sale? I remember I could use a Serious SAm3 Coupon while it was on sale before.

No, they changed that. Maybe some coupons still work during sales, don't know, but most won't.

I think you can but I'm not sure.

I sent you a friend request, now I want to know for sure. :)

Blue coupons only work on normal priced items, red coupons can be used on already discounted items.

Yup, was a blue one. Instead I took his Fallen Enchantress -66% off voucher, it expires on Sunday. Still not 100% sure if I'll use it so if anyone really wants it pm me.

Can somebody explain to me why Hotline Miami is so revered?

Every video I've checked out on the gameplay seems a bit unappealing to me.
Watching it doesn't give a good sense of what it's like to play it. It's the hyper pacing of going through and meticulously plotting out your path to killing everyone without dying yourself and the controls that make it so smooth to just knock a door into someone, take their shotgun, blast the next few guys coming your way with it, throw the empty shotgun at the last guy, then smashing his head into the floor; all while you listen to its damn good music.

It's just really snappy, and the presentation is great. Everything about the game is just instant.

jaundicejuice

Merry Slap-me-in-the-face-if-HL3-skips-HL2s-10th-Anniversary-mas.

lol, thanks, although I think I'm trading up should Half-Life 3/Episode 3/whatever ever come to be.

zkylon

zkylewd
Around 10 days.

can't come soon enough

all this card money to cash in

TimeShift is my white whale. Unless Acti decides to put it on sale sooner, it'll be my very last purchase of the Summer Sale. I like to think that paying full price for the Kingdoms of Amalur DLC was a grooming session for later begrudgingly purchasing a 2007 title at $11. :p
saorise can't you see you're part of the problem man

kotick once a year takes a look at the timeshift sales

*sees it made $11 bucks*

"ok boys, this shit's still movin' copies, good work everybody, keep doin' what yer doin'"

Grief.exe

The Steam achievements for Bioshock 2 aren't active yet. Been getting the GFWL ones but the corresponding Steam ones haven't been unlocking. I'm assuming that roughly around the Steam summer sale Bioshock 2 will be on sale and the patch and newly added DLC will be a feature of said sale.

Bioshock 2's turning out to be a real corridor crawler.

I neglected to mention that the achievements would not be working yet, we've discussed it so many times in this thread I just figured it wasn't worth mentioning anymore.

Batman Arkham Asylum's Steam Achievements aren't functioning yet either.

Caerith

My profile is still loaded with common Ys Origin (0.00%) achievements.
I didn't get my SR3 cheevos fixed until I submitted a support ticket. I guess they're just going on a cheevo-by-cheevo basis.

Now I only have only one SR3 (apparently bugged) cheevo with 0.1% there. Progress.
Weird Science? That one shows 0.01% for me too, which is weird. The Johnnyguard has 6.3% and that's an optional achievement during the final mission of that DLC; IIRC, Weird Science is awarded like thirty seconds later and is unmissable.

Someone make Sturgeon Simulator 2014! I'll greenlight!
Wouldn't it be Sturgeon Stimulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom