• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak3n

Banned
This is not what you should be taking away from the conversation.

The Steam user search has trouble finding people with even the must unique names. Just start linking people the URL of your steam community page.

No problem, I am new here so I will from now on

Thieve

Neo Member
This might be a stupid question, but in the wake of the booster pack feature it just occurred to me:

Can you still get boosters for games whose cards you've sold off? I know they're removed from your badges page, but does the system still keep track of them as well? I assume it does.

Yep, I sold off my A.R.E.S. cards and I got a booster pack the day they came out.

Le-mo

I bought Riptide last night and after downloading it I found out none of my steam games are launching. Anybody else having this problem?

Edit: I tried verifying the game cache and the progress bar won't even progress.

Thieve

Neo Member
I bought Riptide last night and after downloading it I found out none of my steam games are launching. Anybody else having this problem?

Edit: I tried verifying the game cache and the progress bar won't even progress.

Could be that something that was previously running inside Steam is still running (ie: updater, a game that didn't fully exit out and is running in the background.) Not trying to sound like an ass, but did you try restarting your computer? If that didn't/doesn't work you could try https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2971-RUAG-7390 (I know it's for a seperate issue, but following that will usually fix 90% of the problems with Steam.)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Sneeches.gif

GAFchat right now

I have a 50% off Stronghold 3 and a 50% off Strike Suit Zero coupon.

Is SSZ worth it, though?

SSZ is slow to start but good. it had crazy difficulty spikes and made me rage quit after an insanely stupid mission by the last part. Maybe they patched it up. If you like Macross style space combat and missile barrage, go.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Oh, so the fallout from all the star giving has hit here too.

I admit, I would feel bad too, but I've been in that group chat for ages, never seen so many people in there, even for E3.

sixclaws

Banned
Is Dead Island or it's sequel worth getting?

Dead Island is fun for awhile, mainly the first two areas. If you don't have someone to play coop with, chances are you will lose interest in playing further than those sections since things get repetitive. I haven't tried Riptide, but the general consensus is that it is a marginal improvement on Dead Island.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Papi Santa Christmas or whatever is here and has 4 games.

Little Inferno-taken
The Cave -taken
PainKiller Overdose -taken
Vessel-taken

all gone thanks for playing ok

Pick one. One to each person. Quote and ask first and ill PM you the shits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom