• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Steam Achievement Manager is the best way to get those MP achievements... Not that I recommend though

I would rather farm them with friends since that still requires coordinating a group of people which is slightly better than just clicking buttons on an app.

v0rtikal

Still don't get this badges thing ;(
Are they useful for anything besides increasing your "level"? and even then.. why do we need level lol...

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
It's longer then two minutes.
I finished it in about ten.

It's a cool "tomb", though.
covenient crash location for a plain
Just, don't pay any money for it. You won't miss anything big.
And while i'm at it, don't pay more then ten bucks for Tomb Raider. :p

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Still don't get this badges thing ;(
Are they useful for anything besides increasing your "level"? and even then.. why do we need level lol...

I don't understand the whole badges and trading cards thing either.

Is it just another form of achievement stuff to give people something to do? Or is there any kind of real tangible benefit to them, like coupons or discounts or free games, anything that can save you money?

I don't understand the whole badges and trading cards thing either.

Is it just another form of achievement stuff to give people something to do? Or is there any kind of real tangible benefit to them, like coupons or discounts or free games, anything that can save you money?

Yup. You get a random discount on a game every time you craft a badge.

I still think that you'll be able to get free games if you craft badges during the Summer Sale, although maybe you can only craft special cards that are given to you after unlocking certain achievements. BELIEVE.

It was also bugged for me, cause the plane wouldn't drop as it should've, hence making the tomb impossible to finish heh.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It's no bigger than the other tombs of the game so completion length will of course depend on how quick you are about deriving from the clues what you need to do. Two minutes was probably a tad disingenuous but if you didn't have trouble with the other puzzles in the game it shouldn't take you more than five (from the moment you're in the tomb proper and can run around, and excluding return trip, that is). Ultimately, though, my point is that, like the other tombs, it's fleeting. ;)

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
The price for some cards is really high, I hope they go down because I don't want pay for them lol.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The price for some cards is really high, I hope they go down because I don't want pay for them lol.

My Defender's Quest foil is still super rare (only 3 have sold since the 14th and mine is currently the only one listed), though I should probably knock down the price a little bit to ensure it sells before the floodgates open in a couple days.

Deques

From Joystiq
Joystiq said:
Hello Games' Joe Danger and Joe Danger 2: The Movie make their Steam debut today, each available at a special introductory price for the next week. Normal pricing puts each game at $15 or together in a special bundle for $25; however, for the next week, the bundle is 40 percent off and each game is 20 percent off.

Both games will be available when Steam updates at 10am PT today.

Dr Dogg

Joe Danger 2 is worth $15 easily so that bundle offer is a steal.

Same, I'm hoping they end up like crates and get to be pennies.

Some of the more obscure titles, like Offspring Fling are already getting pretty low. Still got that picture of wallets and Braveheart at the forefront of my mind.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
do we know if Binders are being released when it comes out of Beta or is that going to be a later update?

Later.

We'll be continuing to iterate on existing features and add new ones after the release. There are a few things we have talked about previously that we really wanted to get to, that have now been pushed till post release - Trade Offers, and the Card Binder. They will still get done we just don't have an exact timeline on that.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards/discussions/1/864971287474769598/

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
My Defender's Quest foil is still super rare (only 3 have sold since the 14th and mine is currently the only one listed), though I should probably knock down the price a little bit to ensure it sells before the floodgates open in a couple days.
Well, that depends, foil prices may go up at the very beginning of public beta.

sell everything while the prices are high and buy back when things crash

I know that I should sell right now but that Valve Tax is killing me and I really want to get to lvl 20, I'm so close, and yes I think I'm addict.

zUSkAy4.png

Everything went better than expected.jpg

Zia

Wish they'd combined Joe Danger into a "collection," but hey, that's a pretty good deal on both of those games (one of which is good, the other being very good). Do newly released games ever participate in the summer sale, or is it best to just grab the pair with the launch discount?

Wish they'd combined Joe Danger into a "collection," but hey, that's a pretty good deal on both of those games (one of which is good, the other being very good). Do newly released games ever participate in the summer sale, or is it best to just grab the pair with the launch discount?

Wasn't the Xbox version a collection of JD 1 and JD2?

Nope, they released the original as "Special Edition" and then 2: The Movie.

Oh right, I remembered that 2 had the "Special Edition" thing in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom