• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
LotR: War in the North for 5 dollars? tempting.
Haven't played much of it on PS3, one or two hours, but I guess it's worth five bucks if you like LoTR. Way to much and repetetive combat, but better then expected. Nice atmosphere.
Haven't played it in co-op yet, but it's very clear they focused on that, so it should be more fun with a buddy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
has max payne 3 ever gone on sale? beeeeeen waiting for a discount on any site for that.

There was a R* sale on Steam as April drew to a close. The Summer Sale is just a few weeks away at worst so you don't have to wait much longer even if it doesn't go on sale elsewhere in the meantime.

Caerith

Thanks for confirming, Xelios and JaseC. It'll probably be that cheap again by the time I'd actually play one or all of those games.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Caerith

xelios

Is the Robin Bundle just challenge map stuff? No story missions or anything?

Also, how intrusive is the Gamestop app? Easy to remove?

Seems so (what I found around the net seems to confirm it's just challenge maps as well):

Download the fully playable Robin character. Robin comes complete with his own unique gadgets and special moves, and is playable in all challenge maps in the game, as well as two additional challenge maps that are included with the pack: Black Mask and Freight Train. The Freight Train Escape challenge map is a unique take on Arkham City, featuring brawler gameplay on a 2D plane. The pack also contains two bonus character skins: Red Robin and Animated Robin.

Gamestop app is very lite and easy to get your keys from and remove.

Had a 40 minute spell actually PLAYING one of the card drop games this morning.

A.R.E.S.

I know what you're thinking... 'But Lucha, I already have all the card drops from this game by just sitting idle in the main menu..!', well shame on you! There's actually a decent attempt at a classic genre on offer here.

It's a 2.5d side scrolling game, which reminds me of Metriod, Mega Man and all the other games from the NES/SNES generation I grew up playing. The level designs are simple, but have scope for secret areas and discovery, while the music again is a fantastic tribute to the genre and era it's attempt to reflect.

Boss battles reflect on the genre well too, with each boss having set pattern attacks you can learn and counter. Weapon upgrades and suit upgrades are there too. All in all this is a fun little game, and fans of the genre should check it out.

Gameplay wise I'd recommend investing in a 360 pad, or something with Dual Analog sticks, as the game supports 100% (even the force feedback), and plays a lot smoother for having one too.

Overall advice would be - give this a game a chance. If you see it in the sale pick it up, if only for the brief chance it'll remind you of the fun you had as a kid.

Yep it's worth mentioning that these two DLC aren't available on Steam separately anymore, just in Batman AC GOTY edition. I know several people mentioned looking for them in the past, so here are two of them at least:

Just one thing to note, when you register the DLC on steam, right click on Arkahm City you will get two additional keys for the Harley Quin and Robin, register those on the xbox.com and download them through the GFWL client. Just registering the DLC doesn't mean it works yet.

Dr Dogg

Just one thing to note, when you register the DLC on steam, right click on Arkahm City you will get two additional keys for the Harley Quin and Robin, register those on the xbox.com and download them through the GFWL client. Just registering the DLC doesn't mean it works yet.

I forgot about this convoluted mess. Just another reason GFWL needs to be smothered to death with a pillow in its sleep by Steamworks.

Caerith

Seems so (what I found around the net seems to confirm it's just challenge maps as well):

Download the fully playable Robin character. Robin comes complete with his own unique gadgets and special moves, and is playable in all challenge maps in the game, as well as two additional challenge maps that are included with the pack: Black Mask and Freight Train. The Freight Train Escape challenge map is a unique take on Arkham City, featuring brawler gameplay on a 2D plane. The pack also contains two bonus character skins: Red Robin and Animated Robin.

Gamestop app is very lite and easy to get your keys from and remove.
Thanks. I'm still rather pissed that they pulled all the DLC halfway through the winter sale and don't give us the option to upgrade to the GOTY, but the Harley DLC seems like an okayish piece of content.

I forgot about this convoluted mess. Just another reason GFWL needs to have a stake driven through its heart, its head cut off and buried at a crossroads with garlic stuffed in the mouth, and its body burned with the ashes scattered to the four winds by Steamworks.
Fixed.

Deques

Tomb Raider has some horrible achievement ideas

YwSJReV.png

Multiplayer achievements? NOOOOOO!

vazel

Banned
Yep it's worth mentioning that these two DLC aren't available on Steam separately anymore, just in Batman AC GOTY edition. I know several people mentioned looking for them in the past, so here are two of them at least:

yay, I can get the Harley Quinn dlc now without buying the GOTY version. I refuse to rebuy a game I already own.

This debacle has taught me not to procrastinate buying any dlc I want with Arkham Origins.
This debacle should have taught you not to buy Arkham Origins.
But they're good games(so far). Third game is from a different developer so we'll see if it lives up to the quality of the previous two games.

Caerith

yay, I can get the Harley Quinn dlc now without buying the GOTY version. I refuse to rebuy a game I already own.

This debacle has taught me not to procrastinate buying any dlc I want with Arkham Origins.
This debacle should have taught you not to buy Arkham Origins.

cicero

Rogue Gallery is gonna drop on the sale?

Weird.
They still haven't pulled the extended $10 pre-order deal that was supposed to end when Sunday ended. I bought my copy at 12:15am PST today and the sale page is still there.

Thinking about getting The Witcher 2 from GOG but I want it on Steam instead :(

The third looks and sounds fantastic so I'm trying to give it another chance, $20 is a hard pill to swallow for something I didn't like the first time

It will be on sale again during the Summer Sale and then you can take the key from your Steam game page and register it for free on GOG HERE. This also works for The Witcher 1 as well as retail codes.

There was one on GoG a couple days ago, but it has ended.
I don't think it was listed prior to that longest day promo. Unless it has been prior to that, it will pop back up later on in the sale as a daily.

cicero

People who bought the original non-GOTY release were unable to purchase various DLC after they were pulled from the Store in favor of the GOTY edition, which they would be forced into buying, having no option to upgrade or buy whatever they were missing themselves. It was/is a pretty crappy situation.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
NBA2K13 takes some real skills. Interesting.
I haven't played any sports game since NFL2K.

Can't really today but midweek here I'll be able to play some games. Further practice with NBA2K13, at least one run through of The Cave, Trackmania Stadium, maybe finish a linear action game so I can uninstall it and free up HD space (this should always be a goal)...

Caerith

People who bought the original non-GOTY release were unable to purchase various DLC after they were pulled from the Store in favor of the GOTY edition, which they would be forced into buying, having no option to upgrade or buy whatever they were missing themselves. It was/is a pretty crappy situation.
You left out the part where the GOTY edition is considered a different game so your save and achievements don't carry over.

dreamfall

NBA2K13 takes some real skills. Interesting.
I haven't played any sports game since NFL2K.

Can't really today but midweek here I'll be able to play some games. Further practice with NBA2K13, at least one run through of The Cave, Trackmania Stadium, maybe finish a linear action game so I can uninstall it and free up HD space (this should always be a goal)...

We should play! I'm not a huge 2K13 fan, as it seems they upped the glitz and glam for Jay-Z's presentation skills, but forgot about really making Defense feel dynamic. It feels like a much more fast paced, offensive game- something that I didn't really expect. I seem to play 2K12 way more, but I'd love to run some 13 !

xelios

Happy Hour is on at Indie Gala. Tier 3 is just over $6.00 this time around vs $9.00+ last time. Be sure to check the box "Is It a Gift?" for your bonus bundles.

• Tier 1 - $1.00+
    • Creatures: The Albian Years
    • Pirates of Black Cove (Steam)
    • Survivor Squad (Desura)
  • Tier 2 - ~$3.81+
    • Aquanox (Steam)
    • Chester (Desura)
    • Painkiller: Overdose (Steam)
    • Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection (Steam)
    • Vessel (Steam)
  • Tier 3 - ~$6.29+
    • A New Beginning: Final Cut (Steam)
    • Aquanox 2: Revelation (Steam)
    • Crusader Kings Complete (Steam
    • Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes (Steam)
    • Star Ruler (Steam)
    • Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition (Steam)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I bought it, but for now, no email :(
I suppose the servers are saturated.
The Indie Gala bundle? I had trouble with my keys too. Never received the email with them, so I had to contact support (gave them the Paypal transaction number). They were helpful and gave me the proper link in less than 2 days, so I'd suggest you contact them too.

Deques

these are so bad. I have all the SP achievements (sans 1 i think), but I can't be bothered to play through that abomination of a MP. Played 2 matches and it was terribad.

Steam Achievement Manager is the best way to get those MP achievements... Not that I recommend though

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is dx11 for Arkham City still borked?

I asked this question earlier in the year and the consensus seemed to be, "It's better than it was but not by much." The game hasn't been patched since last March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom