• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
[Gamefly] - use code GFDJUN20 or GFDJUN20UK for an additonal 20% off

• 2K Action Bundle - $7.99 with coupon
    • Duke Nukem Forever
    • Spec Ops: The Line
    • The Darkness II
    Square Enix Bundle - $23.99 with coupon
    • Just Cause 2
    • Sleeping Dogs
    • Tomb Raider

The other packs are not worth listing.

Grief.exe

Isn't Day Z suppose to be coming out this week?

Rocket announced that they know the release week that they will be releasing. They aren't announcing the exact day because they want to community to stay small.

The release is very soon though.

Checking the Steam Database entry, it seems the team took a week off of developing after E3 and Rezzed.

So why did people think it would be Thursday, were there developer leaks or was it just based on past sale start times?

It was speculation based on Trading Cards coming out of beta on Wednesday.

Man does it feel good to be so disappointed by Valve's last couple of sales that I don't give a damn about when the next starts.

Amazon and GMG will offer sales at the same time and we will be able to pick up steep discounts. The summer sale doesn't just revolve around Valve, there are plenty of other competing store fronts.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RE: Joe Danger, can someone check if JD2 includes, besides the main campaign and deleted scenes, also a separate Undead Movies campaign? The Undead Movies DLC was pretty good and it'd be a shame if it stayed 360 exclusive.

Cheddahz

Banned
Rocket announced that they know the release week that they will be releasing. They aren't announcing the exact day because they want to community to stay small.

Checking the Steam Database entry, it seems the team took a week off of developing after E3 and Rezzed.
I'll just wait till Day Z releases then, just saw that ARMA 2 is on sale, but I quickly remembered that they are making Day Z into a standalone game

mrgone

Announcements of announcements are so last-gen. This gen it's announcements of announcements that won't be announced.

Amazon and GMG will offer sales at the same time and we will be able to pick up steep discounts. The summer sale doesn't just revolve around Valve, there are plenty of other competing store fronts.

I know, I just used to get way too excited about it in the time of achievement quests before the GMG/Amazon lunacy began. It's good to not be bothered and still have the chance to pick up some good deals.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
RE: Joe Danger, can someone check if JD2 includes, besides the main campaign and deleted scenes, also a separate Undead Movies campaign? The Undead Movies DLC was pretty good and it'd be a shame if it stayed 360 exclusive.

Nothing showing in my DLC. I went through the options in the game menu as well and this is all I see:

Help & Options
Achievements
Choose Your Costume
Movie Player
Multiplayer
Downloadable Tours (DLC - none yet)
Deleted Scenes
Ultra Hard Preview
Movie Mode Acts 1 - 6

There's 6 Acts and an option to download "additional tours" but it only refers to the Steam store.

AColdDay

You know they have their guns loaded over there. They are just waiting for Steam to fire first.

Frankly, Amazon has been decimating Steam on digital sales this entire year. I just wish that it was easier to see a big fat list of what is on sale from them.

Thank goodness I've got gaf.

cicero

Retro City Rampage Steam key and DRM free for the same price: http://www.retrocityrampage.com/buy.php

FINE PRINT - FOR CLARIFICATION
*License includes a DRM-Free version of the game and a Steam or GOG Key, but it is a single user license. This is not two copies of the game, but rather a single user license which includes multiple versions. This does not grant you the right to distribute the other version to your friends. Keep DRM-Free software alive, please don't pirate.
Does anyone know for certain if you get BOTH Steam and GOG keys if you buy direct?

kennah

Does anyone know for certain if you get BOTH Steam and GOG keys if you buy direct?

"Includes BOTH the DRM-Free game and your choice of a Steam Key (click here to get) or GOG Key (click here to get).
2 for 1 Single User License!"

Pretty clear that it is one OR the other.

HoosTrax

Just curious, but why would you need a Steam copy, a GOG copy, and a DRM-free direct download copy?
So people can proclaim that Steam DRM is evil and that the DRM-free version is the best version, while at the same time adding a game to their Steam library to be able to idle for trading cards.

Grief.exe

I was afraid of that...pretty sure it will be going on the entire time i'm on my honeymoon. /firstworldproblems.

Time for a quickie divorce.

tumblr_lj1et4hKDy1qcm16uo1_500.jpg

cicero

Just curious, but why would you need a Steam copy, a GOG copy, and a DRM-free direct download copy?

Steam would be my choice to play based on pure convenience and the achievements. But I also like having GOG for the DRM-free independence, and GOG over Humble DRM-free based on convenience again and the GOG extras. If I am out of town I can always access GOG because I know my account info, whereas I couldn't say the same for every humble key or even my humble login info.

This too.

So people can proclaim that Steam DRM is evil and that the DRM-free version is the best version, while at the same time adding a game to their Steam library to be able to idle for trading cards.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I was afraid of that...pretty sure it will be going on the entire time i'm on my honeymoon. /firstworldproblems.
Hey, congrats! Best of wishes to you two, have a nice honeymoon! :)

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Quote to reveal Steam keys for Nightsky and Waking Mars, in that order.

EDIT: guess I'm not the only one who already has them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom