• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone tried Ride to Hell yet? It's definitely candidate for worst game of the year. And possibly most hilarious game of the year. And least amount of video options of the year.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
iVaxamT5xHosi.gif

To any of you who ever praised Alpha Protocol and said it was underrated - you're god damn right. I played through a few missions yesterday, totally feeling like James Bond. I love the conversations and how doing sub objectives gives additional dialogue and adds to your mission report.

bigace33

I spent like $160 last steam sale. I'm hoping to spend a lot less this sale. Right now the only thing on my radar is Max Payne 2. 8^\

Did someone else see PC Gamer's teaser for August? It's about Valve.

Look for Wario64 on Twitter if you haven't.

Edit: Just saw the thread, sorry :lol

My favorite thing about the Steam summer sale(and winter sale too) are people complaining about the Steam summer sale(and winter sale too).

FloatOn

look no further than this post for an example of objective bad taste

This post is fucking disgusting.

the neogaf consensus of this game being an underrated diamond in the rough is something that I fell for and in actuality turned out to be a myth.

I genuinely tried to play the game and it failed me in terms of what it offered as a 1) rpg 2) stealth action and 3) functioning game in general. It didn't help that it's story was equivalent to James Bond fan fiction.

I'm still waiting for someone to legitimately justify that games existence.

I'm also waiting for someone to make a spy rpg worth a damn.

wilflare

the cards... are worth almost next to nothing now.. :O (i looked at the price... and just price a few cents lower for my cards.. so most are like 30-50cents) is this the right way to go about it?
I should have sold them off earlier..
but it's quite exciting to get the email buzz that something was sold

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
the neogaf consensus of this game being an underrated diamond in the rough is something that I fell for and in actuality turned out to be a myth.

I genuinely tried to play the game and it failed me in terms of what it offered as a 1) rpg 2) stealth action and 3) functioning game in general. It didn't help that it's story was equivalent to James Bond fan fiction.

I'm also waiting for someone to make a spy rpg worth a damn.

There is no honor in a man digging his own grave.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

There's no other game like it. Existence for better or worse has been justified.

1) It sounds like you didn't build out your character correctly.

2) The story is nothing like James Bond. It's bad Robert Ludlum fanfic if anything.

Vecks

To any of you who ever praised Alpha Protocol and said it was underrated - you're god damn right. I played through a few missions yesterday, totally feeling like James Bond. I love the conversations and how doing sub objectives gives additional dialogue and adds to your mission report.

Yup. Alpha Protocol is great. I played through it thrice, back to back, just to see what could be done differently. First I played through without stealth, but that was terrible. Playing with Stealth and Pistols was definitely more fun.

zkylon

zkylewd
how cheap is AP? it shows 15$ on steam for me atm

how does this even work?

Speaking of bad taste, I'm not really digging Mark of the Ninja :( I guess stealth play just isn't for me.
wtzgU.gif
see, you're doing this right, you accept that a game is beloved by many and word your post in a way that it clearly shows you don't like it and it's a matter of taste, which is perfectly fine

you don't grab the game and say it's not worth 3 bucks because reasons

Prelithe

Yup. Alpha Protocol is great. I played through it thrice, back to back, just to see what could be done differently. First I played through without stealth, but that was terrible. Playing with Stealth and Pistols was definitely more fun.

So bummed I missed that $2 sale eons ago. I almost had it but at the time I'd moved country and Steam locked my account. Hoping I can get it cheap this coming sale.

FloatOn

So yeah, what good is a rpg that forces you into one "correct" style of playing again?

I get that the dialogue system was pretty cool and the different story outcomes are intriguing on some level but telltale's walking dead had that. Or any number of games with multiple endings.

see, you're doing this right, you accept that a game is beloved by many and word your post in a way that it clearly shows you don't like it and it's a matter of taste, which is perfectly fine

you don't grab the game and say it's not worth 3 bucks because reasons

were you not the one that said I had objective bad taste?

I mean, I thought it was common knowledge that we speak from our own perspective and so there will always be a degree of subjectivity involved.

So to be clear, Alpha Protocol for 3 dollars wasn't worth it to me.

Much like Soccer Manager or Crusader Kings has yet to be worth anything to me. My opinion may change one day though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom