• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Yeah, shinyloot is legit; they've been posting on Reddit for a fair amount of time.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I don't even know why I am looking forward to the summer sale, I have everything and I don't have time to play most of it.

There's a mod that repopulates outposts after you clear them too.

Ubi added it to the game in a patch a couple months ago.

I love FC3 and AC3. I'm weird, I know.

What is this madness
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1h2yxm/halflife_3_to_be_revealed_in_pc_gamer/
Hn0FXMxh.jpg

Aaykamzh.jpg

BnlbQz2h.png

DirtRiver

I can't help but notice I'm not hyped at all. All of these years of teases and rumors have made me impervious to any more of them to the point that I block out everything Half-Life 3 related as "Meh".

JUST GIVE ME HALF-LIFE 3 ALL OVER MY FACE GODDAMMIT

Though I would like to see what they've done in the engine front. Always liked Source.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
so guys, though I guess this has been already asked many times before, when is the steam summer seal supposed to start?
(sorry Stump, but I'm gonna disregard your advice a few pages back just this once)

If you're so sure that it has been asked plenty of times before, why don't you read through the thread (at least the last few pages) yourself then?

The truth is nobody knows. Your guess is as good as mine; that is, completely based on speculation.

Deques

(sorry Stump, but I'm gonna disregard your advice a few pages back just this once)

If you're so sure that it has been asked plenty of times before, why don't you read through the thread (at least the last few pages) yourself then?

The truth is nobody knows. Your guess is as good as mine; that is, completely based on speculation.

I don't understand why people keep asking when the Steam sale is. If the Steam store doesn't mention it, who would know that?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't understand why people keep asking when the Steam sale is. If the Steam store doesn't mention it, who would know that?

To be fair, last year the start date was leaked early by a developer, but of course most scoffed at it because it was well into July rather than late June.

FloatOn

I find it odd that DMC is the more expensive item seeing as it's older than RE6's PC port by a couple of months.

Is it wrong that I want both dmc and RE6?

I have this odd thing about wanting deep discounts on capcom games. Probably white whale phenomenon.

That feeling of the first Vampire Bloodlines sale was so good.

JaseC

I have this odd thing about wanting deep discounts on capcom games. Probably white whale phenomenon.

It's never wrong to want to increase your game count!

Deques

To be fair, last year the start date was leaked early by a developer, but of course most scoffed at it because it was well into July rather than late June.
I remember the leak. But still, before the leak people were asking when big sale is gonna be months before the actual big sale.

It's never wrong to want to increase your game count!
It never is. I am soon in the next magic number: 500

JaseC

I remember the leak. But still, before the leak people were asking when big sale is gonna be months before the actual big sale.

That tends to happen early on as some newcomers join the general thread after participating in the Winter Sale thread and aren't familiar with Steam's sale history... then they eventually stop posting altogether and soon enough the thread is back to the same two-dozen-odd people posting all the time. :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Nah, I want DmC too, despite having never played any of the others. Or maybe that's why I want it, I don't know.

I'll wait for the sweet $5-$10 price range.

That tends to happen early on as some newcomers join the general thread after participating in the Winter Sale thread and aren't familiar with Steam's sale history... then they eventually stop posting altogether and soon enough the thread is back to the same two-dozen-odd people posting all the time. :p
Duuuuude... your last sentence is our one way ticket to Community. Don't give the mods any ideas :/

It never is. I am soon in the next magic number: 500

And that's every damn sale, it's annoying that in every page someone is asking about when the summer sale will start :/

Nah, I want DmC too, despite having never played any of the others. Or maybe that's why I want it, I don't know.

Duuuuude... your last sentence is our one way ticket to Community. Don't give the mods any ideas /

I recommend you to play DMC4

JaseC

Capcom needs to take a leaf from the Book of Squeenix and drastically discount its bombas sooner rather than later. DMC's recent Steam sale should have been at least -66%, not -40%.

Deques

Get Loaded Bethesda just went back up. (They ran out of Dishonored keys last time so this is an extension for those that missed out.)

Hurry! Those who wanted Dishonored but missed should buy now. The deal will close in 24 hours!

And that's every damn sale, it's annoying that in every page someone is asking about when the summer sale will start :/

Not only Summer sales, all kind of bigger Steam sales are being asked. So annoying...

Does it come with steam keys?

Yes

koolaroo

All deals need to be on steam as that is were I have all my game spending money. Either that or steam wallet should become a new payment method.

JaseC

Get Loaded Bethesda just went back up. (They ran out of Dishonored keys last time so this is an extension for those that missed out.)

It's worth noting that, as far as Steam itself is concerned, the cheapest Hunted has been is $12 and Brink hasn't been below $10 since the Winter Sale of 2011, so they're worth picking up if you collect games or are at all interested in them.

Steam redeemable?

Yes, they all are.

Deques

All deals need to be on steam as that is were I have all my game spending money. Either that or steam wallet should become a new payment method.

But lately most great deals are outside of Steam. You need to stop putting money in your Steam wallet

FloatOn

OK, I may pick it up next time it goes on sale then.

By the way, I'm not sure if I want Dishonored and Fallout New Vegas GOTY for $15. I guess "Ultimate Pack" means GOTY, right? Does it have all the DLC?

Dishonored is a steal for 15 dollars by itself.

One of the best games I've played this gen.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
FUUUUCK, I can't purchase the games from work because of the stupid proxy. Hope there are still some Dishonored keys left when I come home tonight :/

Someone please DDoS GetLoadedGo's servers for the next 10 hours, so they don't run out.

It's worth noting that, as far as Steam itself is concerned, the cheapest Hunted has been is $12 and Brink hasn't been below $10 since the Winter Sale of 2011, so they're worth picking up if you collect games or are at all interested in them.
Brink looks interesting, perhaps I should exchange Fallout:NV for it.

FloatOn

Brink looks interesting, perhaps I should exchange Fallout:NV for it.

The game had some really good ideas and I wanted it to be good but it turned out to be a mess.

Then there is the fact that nobody is playing it right now and it's pretty much just a multiplayer only game. If you want something kind of similar just wait for Titanfall

Yes. you should feel bad. Game is really great.

Indeed. They are only loosely comparable but I'll say it anyway: Dishonored is so much better than Bioshock Infinite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom