• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Played about ten hours of New Vegas on PS3 and really liked it, the atmosphere reminded me a bit of the original, but I was really put off by the amount of gore. So many loose heads. I can handle some violence in my videogames, but this was a bit too much for me.

Are there any options/mods on PC wich enable the gore to be atleast a bit thumbed down?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The game had some really good ideas and I wanted it to be good but it turned out to be a mess.

Then there is the fact that nobody is playing it right now and it's pretty much just a multiplayer only game. If you want something kind of similar just wait for Titanfall
No good single player? Thanks, I'll pass then.

On another note, how's the DDoS attack going? I still have 9:40 more hours to go until I get home.

This better be a god damn joke.
It was. But I really wanted to try that game. Of course, not at the expense of a game MANY people say is great.

I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

I have put in 240+ hours in Fallout:NV and mods. One of the best games I have ever played(34 years old)
A 34 years old game? And you still want me to play that shit?

kidding, of course

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Played about ten hours of New Vegas on PS3 and really liked it, the atmosphere reminded me a bit of the original, but I was really put off by the amount of gore. So many loose heads. I can handle some violence in my videogames, but this was a bit too much for me.

Are there any options/mods on PC wich enable the gore to be atleast a bit thumbed down?

There's this:

You can choose between 3 settings (well, 4 including vanilla)
P.S. These changes only affect humans
P.S.S. Many people are saying this isn't working for them, while it works perfectly for me. If anyone knows why feel free to let me know.

1. Heads don't fall off (explode only)
- Like it says; heads will NEVER fall off when damaged. Instead, the chances of them exploding has been increased dramatically. Besides that everything else has been untouched.

2. No dismemberment (limbs still explode)
- It basically does the same thing as the first one, except instead no limbs fall off, and all of the limbs are 5% more likely to explode. (The head, on the other hand, is 30% more likely, giving it a 60% chance of exploding)
- Apparently, when using VATS limbs can still be severed.

3. No gore
- No gore. Just blood.

ShaneB

I feel you're either overly suited for the internet, or not suited for the internet at all

A little of both I guess :p I'm just not one to get into arguments where both sides are presented mainly by personal taste. And I don't deal well so much with confrontation, lol, so I make my point and get the heck out.

Zia

after 45 cards, i'm at $16.56 in free monies.
if only I could use that for the Dishonored + New Vegas GOTY deal lol

Yeah... I'm hoping Bethesda has some comparable summer sale deals because I'm trying to avoid spending out-of-pocket on PC games for the next month or so.

JaseC

Disgusting practices by Bethesda, 2K and other publishers.

See also: Scamco and Deep Silver giving Amazon region-locked keys for Inversion and the Dead Island series respectively. But, yeah, region-locked Steam keys/games are annoying, though not surprising given the popularity of "grey market" key resellers in recent years.

JaseC

I might be wrong but I think somebody said Steam bans user who use VPNs? But since I know you're a Steam experienced man, I assume they are allowed then?

Technically, using a VPN at all is against the SSA, but by all accounts Valve only slaps you in the face if you use one to purchase items from a Steam Store region that is not your own. Myself and many other GAFers use VPNs to activate keys and unlock games early, and none of us have attracted the unwanted attention of Valve.

Edit: Beaten.

derExperte

I might be wrong but I think somebody said Steam bans user who use VPNs? But since I know you're a Steam experienced man, I assume they are allowed then?

No, as long as you don't buy something you are safe. And Valve doesn't completely ban accounts anymore anyway, they only limit your ability to purchase games.

PriitV

See also: Scamco and Deep Silver giving Amazon region-locked keys for Inversion and the Dead Island series respectively. But, yeah, region-locked Steam keys/games are annoying, though not surprising given the popularity of "grey market" key resellers in recent years.
The best experience is that the DLC's I bought from the steam store a while back can't be activated if you have the ROW version of vanilla fallout NV..

JaseC

No, as long as you don't buy something you are safe. And Valve doesn't completely ban accounts anymore anyway, they only limit your ability to purchase games.

Valve can also remove your ability to redeem CD keys, partake in gifting/trading, and/or access Steam Community at all: it ultimately depends on the nature and severity of the infraction. Additionally, at least in cases of chargebacks where the user refuses to pay, said restrictions are lifted automatically after 9 weeks.

JaseC

The best experience is that the DLC's I bought from the steam store a while back can't be activated if you have the ROW version of vanilla fallout NV..

On the (somewhat) bright side, with the Summer Sale around the corner you can have somebody purchase you the ROW flavours on the cheap when the game is inevitably a Daily.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Someone on GAF gifted me a copy of Arma III Lite, but then it disappeared from library either because it was fraudulently obtained or a chargeback or something.

Now a friend gifted me another copy and it's telling me I already own it even though it's not in my library.

PriitV

Someone on GAF gifted me a copy of Arma III Lite, but then it disappeared from library either because it was fraudulently obtained or a chargeback or something.

Now a friend gifted me another copy and it's telling me I already own it even though it's not in my library.
The alpha period is over and all alpha's were removed from the games list.

legacyzero

Banned

I think the Arma III Lite is finished. My copy is gone too. Arma III is in Beta now.

EDIT: Beaten

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Brink looked awesome when I saw it in a press meeting in 2009. I guess everything went downhill afterwards lol.

Brink wasn't really that bad as a game, I had many fun hours with that game and some great matches after it was all fixed up. It's biggest problem was that it released when it wasn't ready, technical problems galore which even prevented you from playing it and bad internet connections etc.

Don't get me wrong, this wasn't acceptable at all and I don't blame people for being angry, but their was a good core game underneath that IMO. With a few level tweaks it could have been great, the parkour stuff was well done as well and the shotguns godly. Of course it doesn't mean much now, the games dead so you'd be wasting your money.

It's also what led to Splash Damage members setting up their own online publishing label called Warchest and their own online services company called Fireteam, so as they can handle everything themselves.

They're currently working on the same formula for a F2P game called Dirty Bomb so it'll be interesting to see how that turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom