• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can try getting it from this guy for 6 keys, if you want to delve into that market. I think that site sets things up through the Steam trade offer system, so it's hard to scam people with it. Be aware that I've never used it, however, so I can't give positive or negative feedback on it.

I've used that site and would recommend it as far as my experience with it goes. It does set up the trade through steam so (i may be wrong) if a trade turns out to be a scam using dodgy credit cards or something steam should refund your keys.

isnt 6 keys about $15 anyway?
If you search out someone buying keys instead of doing it directly in TF2 or off the community market, you can get them for pretty cheap, around $2 a pop. Most traders associate $2 with keys, so it'd be about $12 in reality.

I've used that site and would recommend it as far as my experience with it goes. It does set up the trade through steam so (i may be wrong) if a trade turns out to be a scam using dodgy credit cards or something steam should refund your keys.
Yeah, it definitely seems nice. It might replace tf2outpost as my go-to site for trades.

Vibranium

Banned
Happy Canada Day guys! A small sale on Steam, guess it might be worth paying extra to support the developers given how the Canadian dollar is right now (damn our Bank of Canada chief).

Arthea

nbnt just gifted me Child of Light, it's not even Xmas!
I can't thank you enough, nbnt.

in other news just downloaded Original Sin, will start tomorrow, can't wait any longer.

Accoun

XWu5xJi.png

karl (Chariot) (Chariot)

Oh, looks like I'm not the only one, although I have no "hentai kamen" by his nickname. :p

Hugstable

Banned
Tried the M&M thing today and finally won, $6 in my wallet, worked perfectly!

Nice, congrats! Hopefully I will win tomorrow and finally yolo purchase Shovel Knight haha. Ended up selling my Batman Foil card and other cards so I made it to 6$. Good to have it confirmed to be working directly with the steam wallet again! :)

Nice, congrats! Hopefully I will win tomorrow and finally yolo purchase Shovel Knight haha. Ended up selling my Batman Foil card and other cards so I made it to 6$. Good to have it confirmed to be working directly with the steam wallet again! :)

Thanks! But I just saw that I can't use the marketplace for a week since I added a new card, not a big deal to me but it's kind of a bummer I guess.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So much post-sale installing.
I hope my internet data limit is a high one.

I got more than a 3x speed increase for no extra charge from my ISP that coincided with the Steam sale. I was real confused before I realized why everything was going so quick. Hopefully they didn't sneak a cap in there when I wasn't looking.

Hugstable

Banned
Thanks! But I just saw that I can't use the marketplace for a week since I added a new card, not a big deal to me but it's kind of a bummer I guess.

Yeah not a big deal for me at this point either, already got all my cards from games so I don't have to sell any now, so I don't mind taking down Steam Community access for a few days. I thought after yesterday that Pay Pal Middle manning would be the only way to do it, at least now I can add it directly to what I already got haha.

Eanan

Am sad I don't have nbnt on my friends list. Seems I'm missing out the second coming of Christ with his random gifting.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
USA had one single job to do, win the WC to get us free Dark Souls 2 and it couldn't even accomplish that!

Tim Howard read this thread and tried five time harder than he would have normally at least.

Edit: New page, so time to remind people I still have games to give away from this thread

For newcommers, just copy the
MB-XXXXXXXXXXXX number and send it in a PM to ModBot.

Tr Zero on Desura -- MB-8BB787A9AFCD99A6
Second copy Tr Zero on Desura -- MB-474B8300401AB903
High speed futuristic racing game that borrows a bit from WipeOut and reminds others of F-Zero and I can't say I disagree. Has good online play, up to 8 players in a race, and various other race modes such as the fun arena deathmatch. Single player include a levelling up system.

Deep Eclipse on Desura -- MB-1063D4A0DE3D8B12 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
A space fighter game that with flaws prevents it from being worth full price, can be enjoyable in small bursts.

Samphi on Desura -- MB-76915157CD635EFB - Taken by Wyatt Smee
Samphi on Desura -- MB-3420427C41957965 - Taken by SSPssp
A 2D side scrolling open world sandbox title with a story. If you want this type of game with a cartoonish look, not a bad way to go. Still an early on title and will continue to get improvements as the developers work on the game.

Alchemy Mysteries Prague Legends on Desura #2 -- MB-8070CB605A1E34B2 - Taken by Jason Frost
Alchemy Mysteries Prague Legends on Desura -- MB-8DB1A59FE006D932 - Taken by WinterDemons
How many games are set in Prague? I can't think of too many. Well alas, this one really isn't either despite calling itself that. Still, tis a decent Hidden Object game available in several different languages.

Hunter's Trophy 2 America on Desura -- MB-D77DAF15AB814F54 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.

Evy Magic Spheres on Desura -- MB-4B842B50C3793926 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
It may look like a copy of Luxor or Zuma, but instead offers a change on that formula by making it competitive against the A.I. with health between both competitors. Good fun.

Mayhem Intergalactic -- MB-F639640525B1E0D3
A minimal design, almost at least, strategy game where you must send your fleet of ships to destroy the enemy and conquer their planets. Seems simple, but offers quite a bit to it's basic package.

Sinister City on Desura -- MB-8C8895CFD337F026 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
An adventure title of vampires and hidden objects. More the former than the latter.

dUpLicity Beyond the Lies on Desura -- MB-26BA5939F5F1F15D
15 different endings in this love simulator of a visual novel. High school girl in Japan ordered to be a girlfriend for secret reasons.

Little Trus Man on Desura -- MB-3CAD50DED062C816 - Taken by Kuroyume
A puzzle stacking game as you make your way through a side scrolling world. Type of title that with different graphics could of been at home on the Famicom.

Rush for Glory on Desura -- MB-F34D6E192FFE3790
Rush for Glory on Desura -- MB-96C68EC99E0E0AB5
A Tower Defence with a good amount of variety in enemies and bosses, as well as stage layout to scratch the itch of anyone looking for a game in this genre.

GEARCRACK Arena -- MB-C9DD679C7D0D3C23
Top down arena combat. Make your way through and kill or be kill with a number of weapons. I'm not a fan, but i can see someone enjoying it if they can get past the aesthetics. Lots of love for it's music however by people.

Jazz Trump's Journey on Desura -- MB-9A1490EAD5A8CA04
Play as Louis Armstrong, one of the greatest in all of Jazz history, as he makes his way through his early life with music and platforming. I quite enjoyed it on iOS and it will be even better with a keyboard or gamepad through Desura.

Sylia Act 1 for Desura -- MB-D14572F02FF4A638 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Top down RPG from a developer who loved the SNES days.

Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition -- MB-FFA39CE2DD39097F
A survival horror game that simply lacks the polish that went into big name titles for the genre, yet all the same, there is enough charm that one who can put up with it's faults will have an enjoyable time in it's presentation and story.

Supreme Ruler Cold War -- MB-9974773581600FF6 - Taken by TestMonkey
Be the United States or be the Soviet Union and play this strategy game to conquer the world through your world vision. Sandbox mode allows you to play as other nations, and I recommend being the world conquering Swedish through diplomacy.

Loot Hero on Desura -- MB-FE88B70E7DA1686D
A loot based game that strips down everything for it's purest mechanic, grinding RPG style. For free, it's worth a chuckle to try out.

Shadownet

Banned
Am sad I don't have nbnt on my friends list. Seems I'm missing out the second coming of Christ with his random gifting.

he only pick those who he think is worthy :) just be a good person and sooner or later he might gift you something.

I haven't been gifted yet. But i'm still hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom