• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogMeat77

That's what I'm thinking, but it's still making me paranoid due to some people saying "if they're still in your memory, you're pretty much fucked if you connect to VAC." Having to flush the memory/etc. just seems... yeah.

I guess we'll know if I ever connect to a VAC-enabled server again after this past ban-wave since I used Cheat Engine in STALKER to get rid of the stupid sprint limit a few days ago. So...

From a technical stand-point, that means nothing. What people mean is that if the process is running in the background for whatever reason (i.e. Windows shit its pants and didn't close it properly) it could still be detected.

So if you want to be super paranoid about it, check your processes and end the process if necessary.

iosefe

Add on steam ? like?

Sorry....can u explain it a bit more :p i'm a newbie with these kind of stuff ahaha ;_;

i gotchu

Set up a paypal account if not already done. Hover over Profile, hit edit/change/manage cards

add the card as a method of payment. form then, go to steam on a browser using Enhanced Steam to add all 6 dollars. select paypal, select the card.

delete the card when done, and you are succesful

I just wanted to say that Astebreed is like the Gundam game I never knew I wanted.

msusur.gif

You just sold me with that gif.

i gotchu

Set up a paypal account if not already done. Hover over Profile, hit edit/change/manage cards

add the card as a method of payment. form then, go to steam on a browser using Enhanced Steam to add all 6 dollars. select paypal, select the card.

aight..i got you...

thanks ^_^

Tizoc

For the new page
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Derrick the Deathfin -- MB-ACB20D96F7819AB4
t1cxE6r.gif
The Blackwell Bundle -- MB-CA86FBF2B9139B66
t1cxE6r.gif
Ikaruga -- MB-5BC89A507291104A
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-28FE26BC2624B167
SpaceChem -- MB-115CAEDCD6D6E62C
They breathe -- MB-B0814770B64FD5E5

t1404303406z1.png

Going to bed in a few minutes ZoZ

You just sold me with that gif.

If you need any more motiviation

Finally burned through SiN Gold (my purchase from GOG's sale) and Long Live The Queen after I saw the developer sale on it.

The former is just like I remember it - loud, gory and unapologetically goofy but fun.

The latter is decent - I did a magic runthrough and was surprised at how short the game was. Reminds me of a Flash game series I played before (build your skills up week-to-week, choose your targets/decisions carefully). A pretty good deal for $3.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Grid view is not your friend. I feel a ton more focused on what to play when I use detail view with my categories and stuff.

But grid view is pretty.........

I actually find Grid view helps me pick quicker. I'll settle a lot easier for some nice art than by scrolling through names.

i gotchu

hmmm is it add money or link a card?...says if i want to add money on my end i need to verify a lot of stuff it seems ;_;

Playing through Enslaved: Journey to the West, which I picked up for 5$ this sale, and you can definitely see some of DmC's roots in this game. The colour coding of enemies denoting when they can be attacked, when they're attacking or when you need to stun them so you can attack them evolved into outright colour coded enemies and weapons in DmC. The finish cams from DmC look pretty much exactly like those in Enslaved. And Kat is kind of like a much more limited Trip. Whereas Trip is a constant companion, Kat just opens the way in or out at the start or end of a level.

Skimming through the achievements I'm roughly two thirds of the way through Enslaved. It's not a bad game, entertaining enough that I'll play through it once.

Shade

Extras. Should all be unused. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

section 8 -- MB-E02C3C3E007C6E17 - Taken by MTE
planets under attack -- MB-8A57254AA17268C1 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
two worlds 2 -- MB-C29742098DC70083 - Taken by Jmanunknown. 2 entrants total.
edna and harvey -- MB-36355655C4478B9C - Taken by Sammichu. 3 entrants total.
adventues of shuggy -- MB-D39BC703155AE5E8 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
cargo commander -- MB-7691EDF345C68BD9 - Taken by fuzzy123. 4 entrants total.

t1404266651z1.png

Jawmuncher

Wolfenstein was all fun and games until a robot had to ruin all the fun.
Taking a break since I have no clue how to beat the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom