• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014 – 25TH THREAD EDITION (2008-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mono

"Mono, I haven't heard from you in awhile. Did you simply think you could disappear? I knew you'd surface again. You probably forgot about me, why I've been waiting for so long. Well when I'm through with you... Well... You won't forget this time, I promise."

You never know, those posts in 2005 or whenever it was might have had a big impact on someone.

Lol!

I swear, someone dug for that account every single day since 2005 and read their two posts over and over again. Now they're completely purged, and it's all my fault! :O

Articalys

Tried the Rogue Legacy demo for a bit. Admittedly the limited content makes it hard to get a grasp on the variety in the full game but I think I've got a good understanding of the gameplay concepts, at least.

I also ran into what felt like one hell of a wall as it seemed like the minimum amount of gold required to at least upgrade something rose much faster than my ability to acquire it. Either the main game is a bit better about that or I was just playing it wrong.

numbers in usernames is evil...

I didn't like you anyways, baka!
idUqJpwqoEF4S.gif

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Maybe I shouldn't've tried to marathon the New Vegas DLC's. :s I've been running all over the place in Old World Blues collecting stuff, and fatigue's starting to set in. Don't want to take a break from it to play something else, though, or there's no telling when I'll end up getting back into it again. Guess there's nothing to do but soldier on. Forward!

I just got done killing a robot with a very similar name in OWB... >.>

Yeah don't make the same mistake I did. I put down FNV for a few days and ended up never going back to it. March!

Anybody have some recommendations on some good stress-free, relaxing games on steam?

Proteus
Football Manager (not even lying)
Fez
Lyne
Hexcells (Plus is a dick, though)
Mirrormoon EP

hey if modbot is so impersonal, then the next time Dark Souls 2 shows up, dont enter for it

oh thats right, yes you will, because its Dark Souls 2 (or Witcher 3, or whatever)

And direct gifting is awesome, I should know, ive done it and been on the receiving end of it many times (especially this past sale, good lord), but then you get the 5 people that got your direct gift all happy posting their pictures, and a bunch of other people going "welp, guess Im not special enough, or I didnt say that user was the best ever enough times", and a bunch others going "X Giver please add me" or "Man, I sure hope I bought that game last sale wink wink".

You cant please everyone (here's the dirty little secret... are you ready? none of us "big givers" are actually rich), and while its awesome for the lucky few that get the direct gifts, kinda sucks for the people that had no chance (you know, the chance that modbot gives, even if slim)

in the end I think theres room for both, just dont act all high and mighty about whichever you use. Giving the SteamGAF community free games, isnt that what actually matters?

edit: also I take offense to that remark about "flashy banners in their giveaways", my giveaways look fucking awesome >_>
I'd like to hope a lot of the whining about the direct giveaways isn't really serious. (Do I need to change my "should have gotten X when it was on sale" posts now though? If they're being misconstrued as hoping for a gifting angel?) I don't even know if they work! I mean hell, I got gifted stuff from some awesome people from just... commenting on how cool it was that someone decided to pick one other gaffer, and give them something on their wishlist--despite me saying not to do it. Me, personally, I don't really care about getting given stuff in situations like that. It isn't about me, it's about them. It's about being selfless. And I think a lot of the (actually serious) people asking for games fail to realize that.

It doesn't matter if it's from a raffle through modbot, or direct gifts, that game that you got came from someone who bought something, and decided to give it away. They aren't vending machines that spit out games when you shake them around enough.

I dunno. Everyone needs to think a little bit less about themselves (well, maybe the people gifting a ton of stuff need to do more for themselves).

edit: talking to one in particular I guess. I just needed to get that off my chest. :p

Mono

Tried the Rogue Legacy demo for a bit. Admittedly the limited content makes it hard to get a grasp on the variety in the full game but I think I've got a good understanding of the gameplay concepts, at least.

I also ran into what felt like one hell of a wall as it seemed like the minimum amount of gold required to at least upgrade something rose much faster than my ability to acquire it. Either the main game is a bit better about that or I was just playing it wrong.

I've been on the fence about Rogue Legacy since the beginning of the summer sale, and the demo definitely didn't help. :/ Seems like the kind of game that takes a while for it to get really good, though.

At least the gameplay is fun!

Mono

Anybody have some recommendations on some good stress-free, relaxing games on steam?

Anything mindless! I usually play casual games like Puzzle Quest when I want to relax and listen to a podcast. LYNE is excellent for this as well; very relaxing.

Speevy

Banned
I've been on the fence about Rogue Legacy since the beginning of the summer sale, and the demo definitely didn't help. :/ Seems like the kind of game that takes a while for it to get really good, though.

At least the gameplay is fun!

You'll definitely get better at it.

Garcia

The trailer looks really promising, but the reviews say otherwise. It's a shame because the game looks good.

I'm actually looking at the store page for it now. What exactly is the problem with it?

The game shows all of its tricks before you reach the 30 minute mark. It becomes repetitive really quickly. Even when you manage to do a flashy combo that obliterates every rune on the screen, you don't feel like you accomplished something significant.

There's also a soft lock to 3 of a kind chains only. You don't get any bonuses by arranging runes in groups of 5 or more. It feels too basic.

It isnt a bad game. I had fun with it till I died at the boss, but it doesnt have much replayability. I liked what I played but I would like it to be a bit more complex.

Yeah, I mean, the idea is portrayed pretty well and I think it is a good example of how to blend 2 different genres, but the lack of replayability hurts it.

The operations allow you to play the maps via Matchmaking, you can load them in community hosted servers without the operation ticket. You will also need it to use the missions as well. Boxes will drop just like in Dota2 though they tend to have different types of keys depending on the type of box.

Thank you.....ticket..just like in TF2 then huh ...

sigh ...i think i'm gonna buy the early access thingy for the missions...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why are the numbers even there? Do they mean anything? No one remembers the numbers or leaves the numbers in when addressing you, so what's the point?

thank you!

Marco is now my least favorite gaffer
forever

I was looking for my name in the Broken Age credits but I couldn't find it. I then went back to the kickstarter page to find that you have to spend $100 to get a credit. Whose got the money for that?!?

sad fact: Ive never had a brownie

or a cupcake

How are you a functioning human being? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom