• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen people selling steam gifts for South Park the fractured but whole for 40 euros, is there any ROW region where it is that cheap?

Snake Pass is fantastic. A little on the short side, but at half off, it's well worth the price. The default control scheme can be more frustrating than endearingly challenging at first, however the official How to Play video is a great resource for learning the ropes.

Yeah I am enjoying the game immensely but decided to go with the Switch version as I knew I would get more time value out of it (plus a sale is also on for that version of the game).

I am not one to go for 100% when it comes to collectibles but I am definitely doing it for this game.

How difficult is Xanadu Next? People are comparing it to Ys (which was moderately tough,) and Dark Souls (but then again, comparing a game to Dark Souls is basically meaningless at this point since it's apparently code for "it's good,") but I'm looking for a fair challenge as opposed to an exercise in frustration.

Lain

How difficult is Xanadu Next? People are comparing it to Ys (which was moderately tough,) and Dark Souls (but then again, comparing a game to Dark Souls is basically meaningless at this point since it's apparently code for "it's good,") but I'm looking for a fair challenge as opposed to an exercise in frustration.

Didn't complete it, so dunno about the end part of the game, but going through it the game didn't feel hard. Some fights can be challenging and you gotta know when to hightail and skip monsters.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
People who liked the tone of Condemned and how bat shit crazy the second game got should check out Get Even.

Honestly one of my biggest surprises ever, hadn't heard of it at all before release and the first few hours have been really tense and interesting. Presentation is pretty incredible.

Published by Namco??! Thanks for the head's up! It's on my wishlist for now. I'll watch video footage later.

Thud

Nah, the souls comparison is only used for the interconnected hub. Bosses are a bit easier than in Ys. Regular enemies aren't pushovers tho.

Tonton

It'd say easier than Ys but still fairly challenging

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

As someone who personally doesn't play "challenging" or "punishing" games because I find them frustrating, I felt like Xanadu Next struck the right notes on the difficulty curve. I died quite a few times, but the deaths never felt "cheap" and I always knew that I had died (most of the time) because of something I did wrong rather than just because the game decided to have an enemy knock me off a cliff or something to fuck with me.

The progression in the game is also very much "at your own pace" though easier enemies will eventually stop giving you XP, prompting you to find slightly more difficult enemies - and the game uses this as a way to urge even the most cautious of players like myself to figure out where the next challenge is that's appropriate to your player level.

It's pretty great.

Powwa

Will I enjoy RWBY if I didn't watch the anime? I'm also wondering if Forced : Showdown and Book of Demons is nice. Any thoughts on these 2 games?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It is probably from an older humble monthly.

Humble sells the Uplay version. The user's storefront has the game listed as 33% off, so I think he's just selling them below cost in order to make back some money. That or they're actually region-locked.

TsuXna

If you are looking for a fun 4 player game to play with friends try Party Panic. Played a bit with friends it's really fun.

emag

Fuck someone put out a negative review for Fata Morgana
The dream is dead

Fata Morgana is the only game I bought during this sale. I was thinking of buying more, but then I happened across the recent tab of my library and remembered I hadn't touched any of the games I bought earlier in the year.

My excuse for Fata Morgana is 1) that it's story driven and 2) runs on the tablet I'm taking with me on vacation.

Tonton

Fata Morgana is the only game I bought during this sale. I was thinking of buying more, but then I happened across the recent tab of my library and remembered I hadn't touched any of the games I bought earlier in the year.

My excuse for Fata Morgana is 1) that it's story driven and 2) runs on the tablet I'm taking with me on vacation.

That kinda drove me to get it when I did too since I was gonna be travelling and only have my shitty laptop available so a VN was perfect and it was really highly regarded fairly lenghty

Plesiades

People who liked the tone of Condemned and how bat shit crazy the second game got should check out Get Even.

Honestly one of my biggest surprises ever, hadn't heard of it at all before release and the first few hours have been really tense and interesting. Presentation is pretty incredible.

I'm kinda interested in Get Even. Does the game still use Photogrammetry?

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
It tickles me that PUBG is the #1 seller and isn't on sale.

In my friend group it's like no other games even exist. I tried to hype up Hollow Knight being on sale and how everyone should play it.

"Yeah that's cool but so anyways I had the craziest duos game last night..."

Click on the sticker pack icon sitting amongst your sticker collection. It looks like this:

stickers_group.png

It'll disappear when you have no more packs remaining.
Have you opened the sticker packs?

They appear at the top left of the first sticker page.

Oh, that was fairly hidden. Thanks. It wasn't clickable for me when I tried, but I'll try again when I get home!

You'll actually get the badge now haha.

What badge? :eek:

Freezard

I got the honor of reviewing Get Even without knowing anything about it, Bandai Namco really did no marketing for the game. I actually couldn't stop playing the game because it was so intense, great story, great creeping horror and one of the best sound designs I've heard in a game. A really unique and awesome game but unfortunately it hasn't sold well at all, the Steam forum for the game is super inactive. Also after finishing the game and revisiting a level, I encountered a game breaking bug so I'll have to start a new game if I want to play more... cause I'm pretty sure they're not going to patch it.

jtb

Banned
How's XCOM 2? Heard rough things about before, is it better now?

It's good, though I had some performance issues.

Also, check around on GAF/other sites. It was included in a Humble monthly, so keys were going for like ~$8 for a while so you should be able to get it for cheaper than what the Steam price is atm.

Have 200 euro steam credit left with nothing I really want to buy >.> at this rate I'm prob just going to preorder south park

Any Recommendations for Anime games / Vns?

Kaleinc

Banned
Oh, that was fairly hidden. Thanks. It wasn't clickable for me when I tried, but I'll try again when I get home!

What badge? :eek:
At first each sticker pack gave 3 stickers now you get 4, if you collect and place all stickers that's a badge.

Freezard

So I'm thinking of buying a few of these games, which ones should I prioritize?

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD
Killer is Dead - Nightmare Edition
Shadowrun Returns
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
Transistor
BRINK

Jalal

Gonna buy some more thing. What is something sub 4€ that would run on a MacBook? Preferably something relaxing and casual.

A clicker?

Adventure capitalist, Adventure communist.
Or that boobie anime one.

BRINK

Does Brink have bots for offline play?

Because as a multiplayer game I recall it was dead on arrival.

I caved and bought Planet Coaster yesterday. Jumped in for a few minutes, only to see there is no proper tutorial. The career mode has some goals designed to help teach you, it seems. Reading the RPS review, it seems that one can just jump in and look at every tool and figure stuff out on their own, or check out resources online. Any recommended guides or videos for me to learn the game?

Shadowrun Returns
Transistor
BRINK

Shadowrun Returns

Shadowrun Returns
Transistor
BRINK

Dont get BRINK. I bought it day 1 and it was....not good. That was like 10 years ago though so maybe it is worth it now.

Okay maybe only 6 years ago.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Bought:

Condemned: Criminal Origins
Spec Ops: The Line
Bioshock: Remastered
Mortal Combat X
Street Fighter X Tekken
Tomb Raider: Underworld

Amzin

Shadowrun Returns
Transistor
BRINK

Those are all quite different games :p I can only give you my opinion on a couple that I've completed myself:

Transistor is fairly unique, people are divided on the actual gameplay / combat but I enjoyed it as a lover of Tactics RPGs. The atmosphere, lore, music, are all as interesting as Bastion was if not better, but not everyone cares as much about that in games as I do.

Killer is Dead I completed but really didn't care for it that much. The gameplay is OK but still boils down to generic 3rd-person-action combat with some wonkiness thrown in that doesn't really make it better. There's some interesting character / story stuff going on but it is reeeeeaaaallllllyyyyy sllooowwwwwww getting anywhere with it. I got a lot of "trying too hard" vibes from it overall and would recommend Bayonetta, MGR:R, or Transformers: Devastation over it for that genre.

Tizoc

Shadowrun Returns
Transistor
BRINK
I would advise against mirror of fate but killer is dead is ok, just read the steam community guides for unlocking fps to 60 or 120 fps

Temathael

Has anyone played Grab the Bottle and do you think it's worth picking up?
I am on the dev team, so yea, I have played it. It's a puzzle game and requires the player to to try to figure out the solution before acting. It can also played with less thinking and lots of trial and error though.

If that sounds cool to you, I'd say it's well worth the money. There's 45 levels of puzzles, which should take 7 to 10 hours, depending on how quickly you figure out the solutions.

It tickles me that PUBG is the #1 seller and isn't on sale.

In my friend group it's like no other games even exist. I tried to hype up Hollow Knight being on sale and how everyone should play it.

"Yeah that's cool but so anyways I had the craziest duos game last night..."

Gotta fuckin shoot people, man. :usa:

~Kinggi~

Banned
Damn man CDKeys is legit. First time preordering games from them, i got Middle Earth, Wolfie and Evil Within, but then noticed the prices dropped like 14$ between the 3. I sent a support ticket and literally 10 minutes later they issued me partial refunds for the savings. Hot damn i was worried i would have to refund the whole thing. Very fast support from them.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
How does Return to Castle Wolfenstein hold up? Is it just too old to enjoy these days? It's 99p so figured I'd give it a look.

Damn man CDKeys is legit. First time preordering games from them, i got Middle Earth, Wolfie and Evil Within, but then noticed the prices dropped like 14$ between the 3. I sent a support ticket and literally 10 minutes later they issued me partial refunds for the savings. Hot damn i was worried i would have to refund the whole thing. Very fast support from them.

CDKeys are incredible, fantastic prices and even better customer support from my experience. It's funny how they're grey market and evil according to some people but they provide better service than most "legit" shops.

DataGhost

CDKeys are incredible, fantastic prices and even better customer support from my experience. It's funny they're how grey market and evil according to some people but they provide better service than most "legit" shops.

I thought it was more so G2A that was considered evil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom