• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon UK has a super-cheap sale on Transformers Devastation again, much cheaper than I've ever seen it for sale anywhere else.

As with their last sale at this price a few months back, it's not even really region-locked, so no VPN or UK billing address needed. All you need to do is set up a UK shipping address in your Amazon account, and then temporarily set it as the primary one.

There might be an authentication delay of an hour or so, but it should work, and the Steam key itself isn't region-locked.

MUnited83

For you.
How does Return to Castle Wolfenstein hold up? Is it just too old to enjoy these days? It's 99p so figured I'd give it a look.

CDKeys are incredible, fantastic prices and even better customer support from my experience. It's funny how they're grey market and evil according to some people but they provide better service than most "legit" shops.
Well, they aren't perfect. There was the whole Elder Scrolls Online debacle, and they also will randomly select you for a verification of identity after purchasing something (AFTER the money has already been used, btw) where they will ask you for personal information like a ID or driver's license.

WarRock

How difficult is Xanadu Next? People are comparing it to Ys (which was moderately tough,) and Dark Souls (but then again, comparing a game to Dark Souls is basically meaningless at this point since it's apparently code for "it's good,") but I'm looking for a fair challenge as opposed to an exercise in frustration.
I'm not very far into Xanadu Next, but it's easier than Ys no doubt. You'll mostly die at bosses or when you reach a new area and still need to get used to enemies/gear up. The difficult curve and pacing are great.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Well, they aren't perfect. There was the whole Elder Scrolls Online debacle, and they also will randomly select you for a verification of identity after purchasing something (AFTER the money has already been used, btw) where they will ask you for personal information like a ID or driver's license.

I've been using them for years and I've never had to show them ID, I just had to confirm my mobile number. But if I was selected, it takes 2 minutes to upload a photo of my ID so that's not a deal breaker for me when I'm saving £15 - £20 per game.

DataGhost

That's a bit concerning. So they have your card info AND your personal info?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That's a bit concerning. So they have your card info AND your personal info?

You can block out any information they wouldn't get from your card and they'll still accept it from what I've read.

About to buy these, let me know if they are any good:

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Expansion Pass
Shelter 2
Oxenfree
Rain World
The Final Station + DLC
Deus Ex Mankind Divided + DLC

Should I switch out Deus Ex with something else?

Switch Gaf going insane again...

I was gonna get guilty gear but decided I'll save my $30 for the games if October. There is so much to get on PC alone :(

Hektor

You know, the idea of using stickers whereever once you completet them is SO TOTALLY NOT THOUGHT OUT

What's the point if half of these stickers look like this anyways

9p0ydwa.png

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
About to buy these, let me know if they are any good:

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Expansion Pass
Shelter 2
Oxenfree
Rain World
The Final Station + DLC
Deus Ex Mankind Divided + DLC

Should I switch out Deus Ex with something else?

I really enjoyed DE:MD, more so than HR.

rtcn63

You know, the idea of using stickers whereever once you completet them is SO TOTALLY NOT THOUGHT OUT

9p0ydwa.png

Just imagine that the truck is getting wrecked by an over (well GAF-average)-sized penis jutting from the ground.

Amzin

9p0ydwa.png

Yea I noticed that too - the stickers already support layering, so why would you leave so much of the actual sticker out? It is kinda dumb

Wok

completionist.png

I guess I completed my sticker book.
Don't really have ant good ideas for custom ones though, so I guess that's that.

Wait, it is true! 😱

yXBPDhC.png

😎

And it is a different one than the badge obtained with trading cards!

z732HqI.png

madjoki

Do we know if we can still manipulate the stickers after the sale is over if we have the pages completed?

Will my stickers expire?

Once the sale ends, all stickers and sticker packs will expire. Make sure to apply all of your stickers by July 5th @ 10am PST.

Sounds like no.

What did you do to get it? Doesn't show up for me.

You need to apply every sticker at least once.

Completionist badge worked for me. Not sure what's causing all of yours to not work. Did you make sure to save the page after putting all the stickers down?

Jadax

Ok so the steamstore webpage has been acting weird for me a while (weeks) now.

Clicking on Personal Queue works, but there are no games in the queue, so clicking on "Begin exploring.." does nothing.

Right now the home-page is just blank (other than the tools-bar at the top, the summer sale banner, and my recommended/queue/browse categories etc on the left). Clicking on Enhance Steam or my username does nothing. The dropdowns over Store, Community, About, Support etc also don't work.

Sometimes when on the store page for a game clicking on the vids or pic samples does nothing, and sometimes clicking add to wish-list does nothing (in which case I have to click on Community Hub and wishlist from there).

Anyone else having this issue?

kionedrik

I would advise against mirror of fate but killer is dead is ok, just read the steam community guides for unlocking fps to 60 or 120 fps

I keep seeing these recommendation in the thread and I can't really understand why since I have polar opposite feelings regarding those 2 games. I enjoyed mirror of fate, it's not going to set the world on fire but it's entertaining, unlike KiD that is a braindead button masher with style and zero substance.

Knurek

Steam, stop fucking suggesting Sakura * games for me.
I've been marking every single one so far as 'not interested', get the hint, jeez.

Tizoc

I keep seeing these recommendation in the thread and I can't really understand why since I have polar opposite feelings regarding those 2 games. I enjoyed mirror of fate, it's not going to set the world on fire but it's entertaining, unlike KiD that is a braindead button masher with style and zero substance.
Dont play the game on easy mate; on higher diffoculties enemies can block your attacks and you need to time ur dodges to get a counter to defeat them quicker
I mean i wont say kid sets the world on fire, but it has a zany plot and the simplistic combay is fun if played in short settings.

Is she running away from the patch??

Yep. And the patch is that gaping void on the right.

Humble has a sale going right now. Hollow Knight is about a dollar cheaper there if you're a monthly sub.

If you're wondering if there's a horrendous pun in the banner, well...

Annubis

With that new badge... I hit Steam level 18.
I have never ever done anything as to raise it wilfully.

Too bad I don't have friends to use all them perks.

Wok

Given that a game is tagged as featuring "Sexual Content", the probability that it is tagged as either "Anime" or "Visual Novel" is ~75%.

Hey Steam-GAF. Posted this in the Hidden Gems thread as well, but figured I could get some advice in this thread as well! I'm probably only going to get one (possibly two) of these card games from this sale. Any rec's on which?

Faerie Solitaire

Solitairica

Monster Slayers

Guild of Dungeoneering

Ironclad Tactics

Card City Nights

I'll probably end up getting one of the two Solitaire games and one of the other four. As bad as this sounds, I'm slightly hesitant on getting Card City nights since I swear in past sales it's been as little as $0.99 and now it's like $3. something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom