• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Ilvocare

MITSURU FINISHED

I'm so glad to have gone through it in one clean shot.

She's still way too good. I felt like playing her was borderline brainless. Another thing to note was the lack of "that was a hard fight" dialogue. Hell, in some cases she admits to holding back.

Did Arcsys know????

That happened on my first playthrough, too. I was actually super bummed out by it as it is clearly obvious you're not intended to get it the first time, and it's the primary reason I haven't done a second playthrough.

atleast now ill be able to play Skyward Sword after i pick it up sometime after i beat SMT4 without worrying about extra content besides DLC

Ants

I haven't done the other endings so obviously I couldn't say 100%, but it does seem like the other endings DO have different content in significant quantity.

Ants

It seemed like there were boss fights and the zones you visit differ? And obviously the
character you clear it with changes
which leads to different dialogue on the way.

Ilvocare

Right then, I'm off to sleep now. At the perfectly-normal time of fo' in the moanin', no less.

I am become Yeezy, destroyer of sensible waking hours...

Look it's a spiral tree
d23lKC6.jpg
Someone please get it so I don't look like an idiot.

Skrams

Well shit..turns out the guy I killed in Stonefang tunnel thinking it was some random enemy turned out to be Patches...He's not important at all, right? Right?!

It's not that important, but you missed some fun dialogue. I also didn't even know Patches showed up in 2-2. I either completely forgot it or just always assumed he showed up in World 4 only.

One punch man is getting an anime AW SHIT GIT HYPE

YOU'RE A LIAR AND A THIEF. *googles*

OH GOD OH GOD MY HYPE CAN'T BE CONTAINED

Also guys, The Vagrant actually looks kind of cool and ambitious in scale even if it's a shameless Dragon's Crown ripoff. The Charlatan has a stand and that is a little girl wear bear fur that can throw giant boulders. That's hype.

grimmiq

It's not that important, but you missed some fun dialogue. I also didn't even know Patches showed up in 2-2. I either completely forgot it or just always assumed he showed up in World 4 only.

Yeah..He was standing in front of one of those big exploding bug things, took like 350dmg when it popped so thought it was an enemy..a few arrows to his back and he started chasing me..then noticed he was regenning health, blocking 90% of my attacks and hitting me for 1/3 of my health. Fight went back and forth for like 20mins (I suck at parrying, but that's the only way I could deal more than 5dmg at a time, so he'd regen most of the health lost before I got another parry right) until I realized I was running out of herbs and ran..causing him to get jammed between 3 of those big worm things that pop up spitting acid and they killed him for me >.>.

Thought he was enough of a badass to have a name so searched for the ring he dropped..fucking Patches, man.

That Scrublords video went exactly the way I wanted it to. I literally went "I hope the game never works and they start playing some other game instead like 3rd strike".

Skrams

Hah fuck it, Third Strike!

Welp. I get it's the best friends thread and no one gives a shit usually. I'd still like to see this kind of stuff spoiler marked since I was just about to watch it and I heard they do something unexpected in the video already.

Rizzi

Welp. I get it's the best friends thread and no one gives a shit usually. I'd still like to see this kind of stuff spoiler marked since I was just about to watch it and I heard they do something unexpected in the video already.

Sorry. :<

Skrams

Sorry. :<

It's fine. It's just one of those things where people forget that not everyone watches the videos as they immediately go up or the day after they go up. It's not been 12 hours even since it's gone up. I'd like to see people spoiler tag those kind of secretive things like Mystery Box or just talk around it to just say oh man, dat 15 minute mark like some people did earlier.

Feel free to skip: Ok, I need to whine (read: bitch), and you guys are my most readily available outlet.

I'm fucking sick of being single. Except for like two or three failed attempts, I've been single for over a year, and I suck at it..

Try it for 26 years. It's fun stuff. Doesn't make you hate everything in the world at all.

Also I'm still here! o_o

Feel free to skip: Ok, I need to whine (read: bitch), and you guys are my most readily available outlet.

I'm fucking sick of being single. Except for like two or three failed attempts, I've been single for over a year, and I suck at it. I do have someone I like, but I only have one class with her, and I want to get to know her better first, so it's slow going. And...yeah, that's about it for the bitching right now.

You'll be fine, learn to love being single before you start to love being in a relationship. Being single is fine, I've been at it since early October. You have much more freedom then you do in a relationship, learn to love and appreciate that.

I just witnessed one of the most stupidest fights I have ever seen in Master of Martial Hearts. Punches and Kicks based on the elements in the Periodic table. H2O Punch! Hydrogen Kick! Chlorine Uppercut! Sodium Somersault! It's not like they have special properties or visual effect, their just normal punches and kicks. Also it's not one of those so bad it's fun kinda things, it's just plain bad.

Just recieved an almost pristine copy of KOF11, that box art is great, now I just gotta find people to play it with...

That is the truly challenging part of getting good at pre online fighting games.

That is a really nice copy, especially considering that it's used.

Emouse

That is the truly challenging part of getting good at pre online fighting games.

That is a really nice copy, especially considering that it's used.

Yeah kinda sucks but hey, I'm probably going to just run arcade mode repeatedly when I sit down with it, also the booklet and disc are in perfect condition, there's one tiny scracth on the disc and that's about it

There's something really satisfying about pristine PS2 games.

There totally is, it's just nice having old games that are in good condition, or even recieveing old games still in the plastic wrap, something satisfying about that too

Yeah kinda sucks but hey, I'm probably going to just run arcade mode repeatedly when I sit down with it, also the booklet and disc are in perfect condition, there's one tiny scracth on the disc and that's about it

There totally is, it's just nice having old games that are in good condition, or even recieveing old games still in the plastic wrap, something satisfying about that too

Don't be like Pat and expect to be good against someone else if you do that.

You'll bring back the legendary Virtua Fighter salt that way.

Emouse

Be a pad warrior, be a better man then me.
Fuck using a 360 pad for fighting games.

I can't imagine using a 360 pad, the only thing I'm really using a pad for currently is Killer Instinct because I'm not shelling out almost £200 for a stick I'll barely use, that and DOA5: LR, but other than that stick4lyfe

I can't imagine using a 360 pad, the only thing I'm really using a pad for currently is Killer Instinct because I'm not shelling out almost £200 for a stick I'll barely use, that and DOA5: LR, but other than that stick4lyfe

It's not great, the D-Pad is so bad you have to use the stick, and the stick is garbage, I had to replace it after I got my stick because the whole bottom left side of the stick was unresponsive from doing DP motions with Adon.

The only fighting game I know how to play with a pad is DoA. Pad lyfe ain't for me.

Emouse

It's not great, the D-Pad is so bad you have to use the stick, and the stick is garbage, I had to replace it after I got my stick because the whole bottom left side of the stick was unresponsive from doing DP motions with Adon.

Yeah that's what I imagine the problem being, that 360 D-pad has always sucked, the Xbone one is way better

The only fighting game I know how to play with a pad is DoA. Pad lyfe ain't for me.

I can play most 3D fighters with a pad seeing as that's what I played tekken with since the PS1 tekken 2 days, and maybe Soul Calibur but I haven't even tried that with a stick, I'm probably going to go pad with MKX, mainly cuz I don't have a PS4 stick yet, and I feel like the button mapping isn't going to translate well to stick but maybe that's just me

Yeah that's what I imagine the problem being, that 360 D-pad has always sucked, the Xbone one is way better

I can play most 3D fighters with a pad seeing as that's what I played tekken with since the PS1 tekken 2 days, and maybe Soul Calibur but I haven't even tried that with a stick, I'm probably going to go pad with MKX, mainly cuz I don't have a PS4 stick yet, and I feel like the button mapping isn't going to translate well to stick but maybe that's just me

Well that's good to hear, I'm crossing my fingers for the KI team to hint at a PC release at PAX.

Emouse

Well that's good to hear, I'm crossing my fingers for the KI team to hint at a PC release at PAX.

Yeah, I played a lot of FPSs on the 360 and the d-pad never stooped being an issue but when I jumped into Titanfall on Xbone there was no issues at all, I'm evein using it for soem characters on KI, but yeah hopefully there's a PC release in the future, I will 100% double dip if it means I can use my stick, and maybe more of you guys will get it too

Yeah, I played a lot of FPSs on the 360 and the d-pad never stooped being an issue but when I jumped into Titanfall on Xbone there was no issues at all, I'm evein using it for soem characters on KI, but yeah hopefully there's a PC release in the future, I will 100% double dip if it means I can use my stick, and maybe more of you guys will get it too

If it does come to PC, and because of all the rumors going around I think it's going to at some point in 2015, if Dudley isn't in SF5 at first I probably will just hop over to KI.
I was wondering where you were

I use a 360 controller for most fighting games, I'm okay with it.
You're doing a godlike thing. I applaud you.

Top Bottom