• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Is anyone else following this Polygon retracting its MK8 pie chart thread on gaming? It's fucking gold.
mario_kart_pie_chart.jpg

Response:
graphwrite.aspx

Also, the Worst "Games Journalism" article of 2014 is amazing as well.

IGN.gif

Gamer Y

Thank you.

J=jumping C=crouching. Everyone has different B&B combos so mine may not work for you or against all characters especially in a game like Skullgirls. My best advice for you is to just sit down and see what works for you and then when you find one that seems to work with most characters hitboxes go back into your input log and write it down and keep a cheatsheet to study and use.
I already do that, I got a notebook with their movesets written down, along with whether they link or start or end combos. If I find a move I can't execute freely I make a note and move on.

Thank you.

I already do that, I got a notebook with their movesets written down, along with whether they link or start or end combos. If I find a move I can't execute freely I make a note and move on.

That's about all the advice I can give you. It's not good to mimic someone's playstyle always try to develop your own and change it constantly to adapt if a problem comes up.

Good luck to you...and git gud

croten

Don't expect to have an optimal build the first time around. Just make sure to point some points into hacking and a bit in Maintain and just go with what you think is necessary at the moment.
And then he gets wrecked within the next minute, though I kind of really like the character. Also, regarding the red stone, cboach said she wouldn't destroy it because of a rumor that the enemy can only be defeated through it, but JoJo pretty clearly wrecked one of them without use of the stone. I'm guessing he was the exception then?
IGN is a disease.
you kind of forget that he's a Nazi

Emouse

Why did you think I forgot that? I'm not saying he's a good person, I'm saying I like the character. The same way I like Dio, yet he's a piece of fucking shit.

He's despicable, yet fabulous, it's the JoJo way

Though not as despicable or fabulous as Kars and his crew

Emouse

If thats happening I need some things from you all

Your NNIDs:
A time preferably after 4PM CST:

I may play later, I still need to add most people too, as far as NNIDs go most if not all are in the Google doc on the first page

As a general question too what rules do you guys usually use? As in time/stock/items?

Gamer Y

I may play later, I still need to add most people too, as far as NNIDs go most if not all are in the Google doc on the first page

As a general question too what rules do you guys usually use? As in time/stock/items?
It's usually 3 stock, least in all the smashes I've been in have been that. I guess all items?

croten

Why did you think I forgot that? I'm not saying he's a good person, I'm saying I like the character. The same way I like Dio, yet he's a piece of fucking shit.
Or wait, do you mean that he's a Nazi and therefore
wouldn't let them destroy the red stone? I don't think he's in any position to demand anything right now. His entire crew got wiped out and he's been cut into multiple pieces.

I don't mean you specifically I mean you as in the viewer.

Can anyone recommend any 3DS games that aren't well known? I know about games like SMT, Fire Emblem, and the like, but I was curious if there were any good games that might have fell under my radar.

croten

Can anyone recommend any 3DS games that aren't well known? I know about games like SMT, Fire Emblem, and the like, but I was curious if there were any good games that might have fell under my radar.

Monster hunter? VLR? Most of the games I have on 2DS are fairly well known.

Oh yeah there is small indie game you might not have heard of, it's called Super Smash bros or something like that....

Emouse

Not that it's not well known but I feel like people forget about the Lylatwars/Star Fox 64 port

Definitely true, but not at all harsh. I always use "nerd" in a positive way because nerds <3

and thanks

That's fair I suppose!

croten

I'm going through a DEX/FTH run in dark souls now that steamworks has saved the day, not sure what weapon to build towards though.

Xiraiya

Ultimate Particle Storm 4 looks absurdly intense, I've never seen so much shit and debris and sparks in a series of screenshots before, they are going to abuse the hell out of the PS4 with that engine.

Zenfalcia

Also tired. Had a bad stomach bug and I'm not feeling quite normal yet

At least I was able to have my morning coffee today though xD

are you feeling better now? Coffee is always nice to start the day with.
I can't get Don't Lose Your Way out of. My head after that KLK marathon.

What a fun show.

it's a terrible and great song. The lyrics are awful when you properly listen to them :p
Ultimate Particle Storm 4 looks absurdly intense, I've never seen so much shit and debris and sparks in a series of screenshots before, they are going to abuse the hell out of the PS4 with that engine.

Believe it. That's why it's called a ninja storm, because storms have tons of particles.

360pages

The game looks legit nice, I actually might play revolution for a bit.

Has anyone seen the show Justified? It's on FX and it's based on Elmore Leonard's character Raylan Givens. It's easily my favorite show on cable, and I would recommend anyone to give it a look.

Top Bottom