• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Squishy3

I own it on DVD, and have never opened it. I plan on finishing it after Monster and Lucky Star.
Okay, I'mma stop you right there. The DVD boxset replaces some specific songs with a bad English dub because Funimation wouldn't pay for the licenses, and they're replaced in the Japanese dub too. I'll hook you up. I wish I knew you were going to buy them, otherwise I'd have told you about this.

Yooooooooo I gotta rewatch that again, it's been too long
You need to read the manga if you haven't. It goes even further and has an incredible fucking ending.

mike0dude

Look at this glorious looking mother fucker!
KID00.jpg

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Okay, I'mma stop you right there. The DVD boxset replaces some specific songs with a bad English dub because Funimation wouldn't pay for the licenses, and they're replaced in the Japanese dub too. I'll hook you up. I wish I knew you were going to buy them, otherwise I'd have told you about this.

I bought it like 5 months ago, but thanks for offering.

Emouse

You need to read the manga if you haven't. It goes even further and has an incredible fucking ending.

Yeah the dubs and stuff for that are weird, but hey at least the pillows - last dinosaur made it in, even if it is for like not even 30 seconds, I've always had it on my read list but never gotten round to it, maybe some day, maybe

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yes. It's a complete fucking travesty.

It's Greg Ayres, right? Jesus, that will be interesting/ really fucking annoying. How important is music in this thing? I also don't mind much about things like this, I always try and watch the dub if I can, and only switch to Japanese if it's really bad.

Side note, I met Greg Ayres at my con last year in Minneapolis, he's the weirdest fucking dude.

Emouse

It's Greg Ayres, right? Jesus, that will be interesting/ really fucking annoying. How important is music in this thing? I also don't mind much about things like this, I always try and watch the dub if I can, and only switch to Japanese if it's really bad.

Side note, I met Greg Ayres at my con last year in Minneapolis, he's the weirdest fucking dude.

It's...odd? to say the least, everything about that dub feels off, and none of teh voice acting is particularly great I mean it's not unwatchable but yeah it's a thing

Squishy3

It's really important, because all they did was change the lyrics for the song in particular I'm talking about and they didn't change the musical track. So the song is the same Beatles song instrumentally but with different lyrics. It's awful. They also dubbed all the original songs the band does.Those aren't as bad as the cover I'm talking about, but I still prefer the Japanese versions of the songs.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
It's really important, because all they did was change the lyrics for the song in particular I'm talking about and they didn't change the musical track. So the song is the same Beatles song instrumentally but with different lyrics. It's awful. They also dubbed all the original songs the band does. It's not bad, but I still prefer the Japanese versions of the song.

For any Japanese anime that heavily involves music, I choose subs. K-ON and this must be Japanese. Exception is Kids on the Slope, cuz it's mostly Jazz and the Japanese singer sung it in pretty good English anyway.

Well that blows, I have to watch this in English, even tho I would prefer Japanese.

Squishy3

For any Japanese anime that heavily involves music, I choose subs. K-ON and this must be Japanese. Exception is Kids on the Slope, cuz it's mostly Jazz and the Japanese singer sung it in pretty good English anyway.

Well that blows, I have to watch this in English, even tho I would prefer Japanese.
I PMed you, but it still really sucks that you own the DVDs. :( For what it's worth, the Beck original songs are still Japanese in the Japanese audio, but the covered song is still different.

Dammit, Xrd didn't show up today. Hopefully tomorrow.

I really want to play as much as I can of that game before I leave to go visit family in Anchorage for Christmas next week.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I PMed you, but it still really sucks that you own the DVDs. :( For what it's worth, the Beck original songs are still Japanese in the Japanese audio, but the covered song is still different.

Nice offer, but that don't work. The main reason I buy/ download all my anime isn't cuz Im all about supporting the official release - it's cuz my internet is ass. When I download something, I just leave my computer on for like 5 days and a show is downloaded.

Sorry, but I won't be able to watch that.

Top Bottom